Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Carvin
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't heard of any such silliness, so we'd better not...

natsean wrote:
Silly question, but any lanyard will do for the badges, right? We don't need a special PAX one or anything?

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Morgan
United States
Old Bridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
natsean wrote:
Silly question, but any lanyard will do for the badges, right? We don't need a special PAX one or anything?

Kevin
Correct. Free lanyards will be handed out as you walk in, but you are welcome to bring your own fun one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Lackey" Portney
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, any lanyard with a clip will do. Badges have a small oval punch that you would clip onto

(Although I usually recommend that people loop the lanyard through the oval punch, as clips can fail and your badge might slip off)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan OSullivan
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
gundabad wrote:
natsean wrote:

Kevin
Correct. Free lanyards will be handed out as you walk in, but you are welcome to bring your own fun one.

When will we know what merch will be available at PU? I've heard from previous PAX's that there's usually a release of that information ahead of the convention )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Lunches
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Matt or Eric,

The question came up, are we allowed to bring water bottles into the convention center?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Morgan
United States
Old Bridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rynet wrote:
gundabad wrote:
natsean wrote:

Kevin

When will we know what merch will be available at PU? I've heard from previous PAX's that there's usually a release of that information ahead of the convention )
at last PAX, the merch banner was posted on the Friday before. So maybe tomorrow? Check penny-arcade.com or keep an eye out on PAX's Twitter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Morgan
United States
Old Bridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben Stealer of Bagge wrote:
Hey Matt or Eric,

The question came up, are we allowed to bring water bottles into the convention center?
Food and drink are absolutely allowed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Lunches
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Matt!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Kolczynski
United States
College Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gundabad wrote:
rynet wrote:
gundabad wrote:
natsean wrote:

Kevin

at last PAX, the merch banner was posted on the Friday before. So maybe tomorrow? Check penny-arcade.com or keep an eye out on PAX's Twitter.

https://twitter.com/TychoBrahe/status/928845503889936384
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bubba0077 wrote:
gundabad wrote:
rynet wrote:
gundabad wrote:
natsean wrote:

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin G
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I won’t be able to attend but I have a 3 day ticket and a 1 day ticket. I can send by overnight fedex. Please PM me with your best offers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NZ Nick
United States
Medford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I might be able to go on Sunday and am looking for a ticket. Due to work I won't know until Saturday night tho - so just putting this here in advance. (So the seller would have to be in Philly for me to pick it up on Sun morn).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C.
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I might be able to go on Sunday and am looking for a ticket. Due to work I won't know until Saturday night tho - so just putting this here in advance. (So the seller would have to be in Philly for me to pick it up on Sun morn).

Sunday tickets are still available for $25 on the PAX website. I imagine they have Will Call if they are still selling them this late. It could be they will be selling them at the door if they are still available.

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NZ Nick
United States
Medford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
natsean wrote:
Quote:

Sunday tickets are still available for $25 on the PAX website. I imagine they have Will Call if they are still selling them this late. It could be they will be selling them at the door if they are still available.

Kevin

oh yeah! thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justen Brown
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know where else to post this, but I'm unfamiliar with most of the vendors. Are any of them wargame vendors or sell old used games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jaybeethree wrote:
I don't know where else to post this, but I'm unfamiliar with most of the vendors. Are any of them wargame vendors or sell old used games?

Tiki Tiki Games is a local shop in New Jersey, they carry used games and most likely will be bringing some.

https://tikitikigames.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
jaybeethree wrote:

Compleat Strategist is a retailer that has been around forever, they might bring some older stuff. Academy Games should have their own wargames for sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Giblin
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if this has been posted before, but here is the list of road closings for the Philly Marathon this weekend:

https://philly.curbed.com/2017/11/15/16656332/philadelphia-m...

Of major note is that Arch St will be closed until 3PM on Saturday and 6 PM on Sunday. This is the road that runs along the south side of the convention center (and separates it from Reading Terminal Market).

I'm staying (and parking) in a hotel just south of the center, so it looks like it will be a nightmare to get out of there and back east (it's completely looped in by the marathon route).

Interactive marathon map:
https://philadelphiamarathon.phila.gov/#/full

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben McClellan
United States
Brunswick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it was a "rolling close" meaning, Arch would be open pretty early Sunday since it's mile 1 of the marathon?

Edit: from a local news station

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Philadelphia-Mara...

Key info:

Roads will reopen at the following times Sunday:
-East of City Hall should be open by 10 a.m.
-West of the Art Museum & Manayunk area should be open by 4 p.m.
-B.F. Parkway, from 20th to Eakins Oval, including Eakins Oval, should be open by 4:30 p.m.

Unless I'm reading that wrong, the area should be mostly open again by the time Pax kicks off on Sunday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C.
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any idea if there will be disruption to pedestrian traffic? I'm staying at the Hilton Garden across the way and was hoping just to be able to skip out of the hotel into the convention center.

Anyone know if there will be barriers up that will make walking more of a pain?

And I wonder why the road is closed until 6pm on Sunday? Isn't the marathon at like 7 am?

(Yea, bad choice of hotel this time around. Probably going to be super loud super early in the morning.)

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Keusch
United States
Ann Arbor
MI
flag msg tools
badge
It's hard to remember we're alive for the first time. It's hard to remember we're alive for the last time.
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
bubba0077 wrote:
gundabad wrote:
rynet wrote:
gundabad wrote:
natsean wrote:

Kevin

daaaaaamn I kind of need those pins and the pint glass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rather
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
I can feel the thunder that's breaking in your heart
badge
I know you're dead inside, and that's what I like
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmythesaint wrote:
I thought it was a "rolling close" meaning, Arch would be open pretty early Sunday since it's mile 1 of the marathon?

Key info:

-B.F. Parkway, from 20th to Eakins Oval, including Eakins Oval, should be open by 4:30 p.m.

Unless I'm reading that wrong, the area should be mostly open again by the time Pax kicks off on Sunday.

hmm there's a parking garage at 1324 Arch St. that I reserved a space in on Saturday and Sunday. I wonder if it will be accessible? It sounds like a possible problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Giblin
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rathstar wrote:
jimmythesaint wrote:

Key info:

hmm there's a parking garage at 1324 Arch St. that I reserved a space in on Saturday and Sunday. I wonder if it will be accessible? It sounds like a possible problem.

I'm actually parking there too, I reserved through SpotHero. I'm getting there on Friday so that should be fine, but I called them about leaving on Sunday. They said the Arch St entrance would be closed, but I could get out through the side entrance on Juniper St.

I would imagine getting in there on Saturday would be more difficult though. Maybe try calling and seeing if they can transfer your reservation to another lot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keating Tufts

New Hampshire
msg tools
Hey man, sorry you can't make it. My question might not help much but did you leave any lodging open perhaps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Bromfield
msg tools
mb
Any one selling a ticket for tomorrow?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10  Next »  [10] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.