Popular Tags: flgs [+] [View All]
W M
United Kingdom
Rugby
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Does anyone know of any board game shops/stores in Cuba?

Many thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vatican City
msg tools
badge
mb
ninja Didn't see any last time I was there. ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lisa Klien
United States
California
flag msg tools
"Fidel's Play House?...."

Seriously though, I never heard of Cuba having game stores, but I'm sure that somewhere in Cuba there will be one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I spent three months in Cuba, visited a good portion of the country, and never saw anything remotely close to a game store. You will find domino sets or a cheap parcheesi board, and playing cards, but that's about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W M
United Kingdom
Rugby
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Well I can report finding no gamestores in my 2 weeks there. I did come accross games for sale in about every larger supermarket/grocery store. Things like chess and draughts, and knock offs of battleships, othello, connect four and the like. Dominoes were being played on many a street.

There is one shop worth checking out. The one and only toy soldier shop in Cuba. It is located in the Old Town of Havana, (if you are going send me a mail and I'll try to give you directions).

They are a small boutique, hand casting lead soldiers and painting them onsite - Some really lovely 54mm figures from the Spanish-American-Cuban war, the Cuban War of Independence, as well as some other individual figures. They are priced at $5.00 each regardless of price - I picked up a really nice flagbearer, a liberated slave, and a Cuban general. (If I'd have had space I'd have got a lot more.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls