Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4stephen wrote:

I recently purchased the Ogre 6th Edition Box Set. Is the GEV map set found in ODE compatible with my O6 set? By this I mean are the GEV maps the same size and scale as the primary map found in O6?

I am thinking of buying the GEV map set found at Warehouse 23 and adding them to my new O6 set.

Is some future expansion to O6 going to add the missing GEV maps and counters?

Thanks.

Yes, I believe everything in Ogre 6th Edition is fully compatible with Ogre Designer's Edition. Same scale, units and maps. Have fun.

They are supposed to have available reinforcements for O6, and I think you can still buy maps at Warehouse 23. Not sure about the still unprinted maps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The ODE Ogre map is the same size as the 6E Ogre map, so the ODE GEV maps should be compatible with your 6E Ogre stuff.

One can only hope that SJG releases a GEV 6E that includes the new maps, but their size suggests that they might go with lighter card in the reprint, and might not include the Shockwave map.

If you want to play GEV in the "large print" scale, you should definitely order the large maps from W23.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Ken and GG are correct in that Ogre Sixth Edition is fully compatible with Ogre Designer's Edition and everything made for one may be used with the other. Ogre Sixth Edition is essentially "just" Ogre (none of the expansions) in ODE-style.

Ogre Reinforcements brings Ogre Sixth Edition up-to-date with the standard units found in ODE. You are correct in that the Giant Battlefields Set available on W23 contains all four of the GEV maps found within ODE.

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamer Geek(4stephen), if you ever find yourself in So Florida, U.S.A. let me know. I do enjoy playing Ogre.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken at Sunrise wrote:
Gamer Geek(4stephen), if you ever find yourself in So Florida, U.S.A. let me know. I do enjoy playing Ogre.

Likewise for southern Germany (the Munich/Augsburg area).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wolf90 wrote:
You are correct in that the Giant Battlefields Set available on W23 contains all four of the GEV maps found within ODE.

Link: http://www.warehouse23.com/products/ogre-giant-battlefield-s...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.