Popular Tags: [View All]
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Highly requested and long overdue.

Please make sure to read through all the rules and pay attention to all posted dates/times. You MUST have a Canadian mailing address to participate in this Math Trade.

For anyone new to Math Trades be sure to check out the following thread for a video tutorial on math trades.

Math Trade Video Tutorials

Trade Geeklist: Canadian Math Trade - Spring 2017 Edition

Request GeekList: Canadian Math Trade - Spring 2017 Edition - Requests

Submissions Dates/Times:

Posting Games: Saturday Jun 3rd 10:00 AM EDT to Sunday Jun 11th 11:00 PM EDT

Want List Submissions: Sunday Jun 11th 11:00 PM EDT to Wednesday Jun 14th 11:00 PM EDT

Results posted shortly thereafter.

Rules (Please read carefully):

1. Board Games, RPG's, Video Games and items outside the scope of BGG are all permitted.

2. There is a limit of one (1) Gift Certificate entry and one (1) Geek Gold entry per person. Gift Certificate and GeekGold arbitrage is NOT allowed. Neither are cash offerings.

Each Gift Certificate recipient is required to pay any and all fees due to BGG. Check out the following link for full info: Cash Value Trades in Math Trades (and how to make a geek market listing for them)

3. Non-game entries must be added using "Outside the Scope of BGG" (Game ID 23953). Make sure to use the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item for it to properly show up in the OLWLG.

4. You must describe the condition of your games as accurately as possible. This includes both the box and it's contents.

5. You must clearly state the editions and languages of all games posted. Do not just state "edition as posted", as pictures do not show up in the OLWLG.

6. You shall be required to cover full shipping to any location within Canada.

7. Please do NOT include links to any other games (or items) in your entries, so that they are not misleadingly displayed as sweeteners in the OLWLG.

8. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for submissions. Refer to the following document for help: http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

9. If you have been reported as a bad trader, do NOT try to participate. Any entries made will be removed.

10. Any other questions or issues, just ask.

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Sunday, Jun 11th, 2017, 11:00 PM EDT
Deadline-Wants: Wednesday, Jun 14th, 2017, 11:00 PM EDT
%End%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reserved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james zevnik
Canada
Airdrie
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Looks like this is showing up as a no-shipping trade in the OLWLG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cern bay
Canada
Pierrefonds
Quebec
flag msg tools
For the conditon, can we use the BGG marketplace descriptions?

• New - A brand new unused, unopened, and undamaged item in perfect condition. The original packaging and all materials are in brand new condition.

• Like New - Item just removed from shrink wrap. No wear and tear, all facets are intact.

• Very Good - Very minimal wear and tear. All materials are present. You would give this item to a friend as a gift.

• Good - Minor damage to the box and/or its contents. All materials are present. Item may have been used once or twice.

• Acceptable - Some damage to the box, but the item is still intact. Possible split corner(s) on the box. Maybe missing a non-crucial piece. Possibly missing rules/instructions, but are readily available on the web. Scuffing on the item.

• Unacceptable - Major damage to box and its parts. Possibly missing several important pieces. Broken or missing board/box. No rules/instructions, and they are not readily avaiable. Do not sell this item on the marketplace.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't really matter to me what descriptions you use for condition, as long as you honestly describe the condition of your games.

We had too many complaints last math trade about people either lying or not being forthcoming about the condition of their games (both box and components) they were trading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moses Moore
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn. I've been waiting for this for a year but I'm out of town until Jun 16th. Can't be helped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mozai wrote:
Damn. I've been waiting for this for a year but I'm out of town until Jun 16th. Can't be helped.

List stuff and specify in each listing that you can't ship until the 17th or 18th. Some people won't care, as most have enough games to keep them busy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fra P.
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mozai wrote:

Most people will see results on the 15th and then it'll soon be the weekend. Even if you ship upon your return, you'll be among the first to ship!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T3X-LOM "Tex"
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I won't be able to participate this time either, but for an entirely different reason. I recently broke my arm and packing one-handed doesn't turn out so well. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cernbay wrote:
For the conditon, can we use the BGG marketplace descriptions?

• New - A brand new unused, unopened, and undamaged item in perfect condition. The original packaging and all materials are in brand new condition.

• Like New - Item just removed from shrink wrap. No wear and tear, all facets are intact.

• Very Good - Very minimal wear and tear. All materials are present. You would give this item to a friend as a gift.

• Good - Minor damage to the box and/or its contents. All materials are present. Item may have been used once or twice.

• Acceptable - Some damage to the box, but the item is still intact. Possible split corner(s) on the box. Maybe missing a non-crucial piece. Possibly missing rules/instructions, but are readily available on the web. Scuffing on the item.

• Unacceptable - Major damage to box and its parts. Possibly missing several important pieces. Broken or missing board/box. No rules/instructions, and they are not readily avaiable. Do not sell this item on the marketplace.

I would discourage single word descriptions. I prefer people describe as much as possible. Is it punched? are components visibly worn? You can say components in excellent condition and I interpret that to mean there is no visible wear on the components. Is your game simply out of shrink wrap? that's good too. Maybe the game components are in excellent shape but the box has a split corner is pretty worn with shelf-wear.

You could list "Good" condition, but that includes minor damage to the box, what if what you consider minor damage is unacceptable to a potential trader? Solve yourself some grief and be as accurate as you can, all it takes is an hour tops to add your stuff to the list and describe it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octarine8 wrote:
I won't be able to participate this time either, but for an entirely different reason. I recently broke my arm and packing one-handed doesn't turn out so well. cry

Find a surrogate packer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see a link to the trade list here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:

Here's the trade list: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/226119/canadian-math-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Canada
Neepawa
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I was wondering about listing some items in the Math Trade, as to whether this was allowed, or what people thought of this:

I used to have a YouTube Channel where I reviewed board games, and during that time I received prototypes, and print and plays that I printed and put together, etc for many games, which are now just sitting in my basement in boxes. Would that be an acceptable listing, if I made sure to describe exactly what each game was, the condition of the print and play, etc? I would be putting multiple games in each listing since they are not the complete retail games. Some are near final prototypes as well.

Anyways, I thought I'd ask this, and see what people thought. Is this something that people would be interested in? Is it at least worth a shot? Like, pick the best ones I have and list those and see how it goes? Or is this a faux pas that I should steer clear of and hang my head in shame for even thinking such a thing? lol

Thanks for the responses,
Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:

Fixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
icurnvss wrote:
Hi all,

I was wondering about listing some items in the Math Trade, as to whether this was allowed, or what people thought of this:

I used to have a YouTube Channel where I reviewed board games, and during that time I received prototypes, and print and plays that I printed and put together, etc for many games, which are now just sitting in my basement in boxes. Would that be an acceptable listing, if I made sure to describe exactly what each game was, the condition of the print and play, etc? I would be putting multiple games in each listing since they are not the complete retail games. Some are near final prototypes as well.

Anyways, I thought I'd ask this, and see what people thought. Is this something that people would be interested in? Is it at least worth a shot? Like, pick the best ones I have and list those and see how it goes? Or is this a faux pas that I should steer clear of and hang my head in shame for even thinking such a thing? lol

Thanks for the responses,
Michael

Just make it very clear that each game is either a prototype and/or PnP and people can decide for themselves if they're interested in them or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Canada
Neepawa
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannibal Ox wrote:

Just make it very clear that each game is either a prototype and/or PnP and people can decide for themselves if they're interested in them or not.

Thanks for the response, I'll do that. I definitely don't want anyone getting them without knowing what they are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Kaz
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just want to say thanks for hosting again, Vast! Apart from typing/setting up the logistics to working out problems in the trades, I imagine there's a lot of behind the scenes messages as well. Thanks kindly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Doody
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to merge two of my listings into a single listing. What is the best way to do this without messing up the numbering?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Canada
Neepawa
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisdoody wrote:
I want to merge two of my listings into a single listing. What is the best way to do this without messing up the numbering?

Edit the listing you want to with the merged info, and then just make a note on the other one that you'll be submitting a blank want list for that game (and that it was merged into the other one).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D B
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
How can I properly list one game with an expansion and sweeteners in the same post?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
dustin722 wrote:
How can I properly list one game with an expansion and sweeteners in the same post?

1) In the geeklist entry box, at the top, click the Insert Geek Link drop-down and select Board Game. The Add Game dialog box opens.
2) In the Search field, type the name of the board game. A list of matching games is displayed.
3) From the list, click the appropriate game.
4) Optionally, in the Alternat Text field, type what you want to be displayed as the name of the game.
5) Click Go. The dialog box closes and a geeklink with your game/expansion is inserted into your post. When you submit your post, the geeklink is replaced with the name of the game/expansion and a link to its BGG entry, and it is included as a sweetener in the OLWLG.

(This is why us tech writers get paid the big medium bucks.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D B
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
JazzFish wrote:
dustin722 wrote:

1) In the geeklist entry box, at the top, click the Insert Geek Link drop-down and select Board Game. The Add Game dialog box opens.
2) In the Search field, type the name of the board game. A list of matching games is displayed.
3) From the list, click the appropriate game.
4) Optionally, in the Alternat Text field, type what you want to be displayed as the name of the game.
5) Click Go. The dialog box closes and a geeklink with your game/expansion is inserted into your post. When you submit your post, the geeklink is replaced with the name of the game/expansion and a link to its BGG entry, and it is included as a sweetener in the OLWLG.

(This is why us tech writers get paid the big medium bucks.)

Thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dolansky
Canada
Oakville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Think we'll get an influx of entries tonight when the Toronto no-shipping math trade ends? Wondering if a lot of GTA people are waiting to post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm waiting for my auction to end on Saturday. Though, I haven't seen much that interests me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.