Dennis L
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering why the rules specifically forbid you from playing or copying more than one tactic during your turn. Is there some unfair benefit a player could derive by doing this? Or is it an attempt to streamline the game by banning something that is a clear waste of time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
You could switch away from a good tactic (lowering your military strength) so that you can use a military buildup card and then switch back. You'd need at least 5 military actions for something like that to make sense though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Parker McParker
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
You could switch away from a good tactic (lowering your military strength) so that you can use a military buildup card and then switch back. You'd need at least 5 military actions for something like that to make sense though.
Good thinking. Like the OP, I couldn't see a reason either. I actually think this case is both unlikely and quite clever. Odd that it was specifically forbidden.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
MLBath wrote:
sfox wrote:
Good thinking. Like the OP, I couldn't see a reason either. I actually think this case is both unlikely and quite clever. Odd that it was specifically forbidden.
It is really common to switch tactics to one you don't yet fulfill so that you can use a military buildup card, that is why I was aware of the possibility. Being able to switch tactics twice would make it even easier to pull this off, but I'm not sure if that is why the rule was put in place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
MLBath wrote:
sfox wrote:
It is really common to switch tactics to one you don't yet fulfill so that you can use a military buildup card, that is why I was aware of the possibility. Being able to switch tactics twice would make it even easier to pull this off, but I'm not sure if that is why the rule was put in place.
Reducing edge cases for the electronic versions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Kameron
msg tools
In BGO, you are permitted to do the double-tactics thing.

I've done it a couple of times, and I have seen others do it too. It is typically done by a warfaring nation (since they have many MA), once they've already drawn 1-2 wars over culture, the turn before they intend to declare the war.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis L
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
I like the underlying idea here even if it's not done in a single move. Thanks for replying!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nacho Facello
Uruguay
Montevideo
Montevideo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
3 would be enough if the tactics (both good and bad) are in your hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls