Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ran Stu
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am just starting playing this 1st version of Mansions of Madness and I have found some issues I don't know what to do.
1. In scenario 2, you have to place 1 ladder. Where does it go? The rules indicate you would place 2 ladders but the setup only shows one.

2. When you go into a locked room or another room with a card that says you need a brass key and you don't have it, can you leave the card face up or do you turn it back face down.

3. What does the Monster's awareness do. I can find nothing in the rules about what the awareness is for.

4. When doing damage to a monster the card says, " deal weapon damage +4. If you use the axe which has a damage of 4 do you add the two together for a total damage of 8?

5. How do you know if a door is operational or not. In scenario 2, there is a sealed door that goes on 2 tiles, but one tile has a door and on the other tile adjacent is a wall, but that is where the sealed door marker goes. So to go through a door do you only need 1 door on one tile not both?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Randy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivo van Kreveld
Netherlands
Delft
flag msg tools
mb
1. Can it be that you place the second ladder later? You indeed need 2 ladders to be functional, and you place just what is told to you.

2. I think you can just leave it face up. Anyway, it doesn't really matter since everyone can look at the card and it will never be swapped.

3. It determines how hard it is to evade a monster. Read "Evade Tests" on page 14 of the rulebook.

4. Correct!

5. From the rulebook, page 8:
Quote:
Spaces are considered adjacent if they are separated by a white
line or a door. If two spaces are separated by a solid brown wall
without a door (or if the door is a sealed door), the spaces are not
adjacent.

Only if the spaces are separated by a brown wall without a door are the spaces not adjacent. If the spaces are separated by on one side a door and on the other side a wall, then they are adjacent. So yes, you only need 1 door on one tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The other end of the ladder will be placed during the scenario. Only then can you use the ladder.

2. Just leave it face-up. You obviously know what it is so there is no point in flipping it face down again.

3. See Ivo's answer above.

4. This is correct.

5. The sealed door markers are placed to indicate that a door is not fictional functional. Typically they are placed when a door connects to a brown wall. You can only move through a door when it connects to another door or a grey line (eg hallways).

Edit: typo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ran Stu
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, great answers.

1. Didn't think that another ladder will show up. Didn't see it in the keeper section when I set that up. Makes sense though.

2. Will do. Harder on the investigators to leave it face down cause then they would have to remember what was on the card. But I hear the investigators have a hard enough time as it is.

3. I must have looked for awareness for an hour in the manual. Never looked there though, always in combat. Thanks.

4. This will make the investigators pretty powerful, they can take out a monster in one encounter. Might help give them some advantage.

5. So, if I understand this, the reason for the sealed door placement is because with one door on the other side and a wall on adjacent side, you wouldn't be able to go through it anyway because it doesn't have another door there or a grey line there. Seems like it could have just been in the rules that way, instead of putting a sealed door there cause you couldn't go through anyway.

Thanks all. Helps a lot.
Randy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivo van Kreveld
Netherlands
Delft
flag msg tools
mb
randystu5417 wrote:
5. So, if I understand this, the reason for the sealed door placement is because with one door on the other side and a wall on adjacent side, you wouldn't be able to go through it anyway because it doesn't have another door there or a grey line there. Seems like it could have just been in the rules that way, instead of putting a sealed door there cause you couldn't go through anyway.

This is not what I meant. I meant that with a door on one side and a wall on the other side, you would be able to go through. The sealed door is there to block this from happening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.