Popular Tags: [View All]
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

About to pull this out for a 4-player game having not had it out for 5 years now (small group, others preferences) and just checking if people still play it - with the original rules - and if they do are there any 'must use' or 'nice to use' house rules recommended ?
From memory the only thing I found annoying was the play constraint caused by requiring Plot Points to get Heroes out, thus obtaining Plot Points was always a pain

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey N.
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BeerAndBoard wrote:
Hi

About to pull this out for a 4-player game having not had it out for 5 years now (small group, others preferences) and just checking if people still play it - with the original rules - and if they do are there any 'must use' or 'nice to use' house rules recommended ?
From memory the only thing I found annoying was the play constraint caused by requiring Plot Points to get Heroes out, thus obtaining Plot Points was always a pain

Cheers
I wouldnt change the plot point rules as this is a very important part of the game. They are plenty of characters and resource cards that allow to gain more
Do not forget to bring your heroes back to their card by the end of the round to be sure to get plot points for them. Also do not forget to add the +1PP bonus for each 5+ VP

Also, if you found in your previous games that F4 won too much (I personnaly don't), you can apply this variant (recommended by designers)

Have fun !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cretin Warlord
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
visit my blog The Necrollnomicon: Kitchener and Waterloo Board Game Events
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been meaning to play this again someday too. I could only find a single video tutorial 7 years ago, I just tested the .avi from this site and it still works:

https://archive.org/download/BookShelfGamesMarvelHeroes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can remember (mostly) how to play and a couple of rules re-reads have helped, it was just if any 'fixes' or house-rules had become common was the interest. I've had a look at the F4 change and will bring that along as it makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Z3RO S4B3R
South Africa
Pietermaritzburg
Kwa-Zulu Natal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As mentioned, don't change the plot points. sing character support abilities to get plot points and making sure you manage your turn to get heroes back in time to get maximum plot points is a part of the planning and strategy for the game.

The only rules I have used is a ff4 adjustment where mr.fantastic can only use his power when attacking so against opponents def. roll, and invisible woman only uses her support ability when defending, so against opponent attack roll.

I have seen adjustment for Dr. Doom, but have yet to see if they are really necessary, as he seems fine as is, but his adjustment is to allow him to dice boost, and also to give him a henchman rating of 2 after he gets his first scheme card.

I would also like to plug my reference/turn flow chart I made, it gives a turn summary and explanation of most options available for turns. The only thing it doesnt have a your fringe cases and rare events that happen.

here is the link. Have a look and let me know what you think.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/133873/game-round-flo...

hope it goes well, its a great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game went well, I used the changes from the designer for both the F4 and Dr Doom (and ended up getting them by random draw myself), I missed the win by one VP in a four player game. The one thing I did find out the hard way is that the F4 have the worst options for getting extra plot points, the other three were swimming in them after a couple of turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls