United States
Newport
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars" - unknown
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
Seems like there's a wonderful new MB which was made available just a few minutes ago..

mb

wowsurpriseblush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
#MeToo
mbmbmbmbmb
partangel wrote:
Scarlet Witch wrote:
Seems like there's a wonderful new MB which was made available just a few minutes ago..

mb

wowsurpriseblush

Happy belated birthday (it entered the approval queue on October, 20th, but it took longer than expected)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caysi McQuillan
United States
Newport
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
partangel wrote:
Scarlet Witch wrote:

mb

wowsurpriseblush

Happy belated birthday (it entered the approval queue on October, 20th, but it took longer than expected)

Thank you so much! This was a huge surprise and made me smile!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Fox
United States
Cairo
New York
flag msg tools
Scythe Rules!
badge
Being a dad rules!
mbmbmbmbmb
anjulka wrote:
Paedra wrote:
I don't think I've ever had a burrito. What's the difference between it and a taco?

The way you fold the tortilla mostly.

OMG ROSE! There is SO MUCH MORE to it! . . (All said playfully mind you!)

Burritos normally have beans and rice as well as mean and some vegetables and cheese.

Taco, is meat, cheese and then some toppings. Usually lettuce, tomatoes, onions, jalapeños etc.

I asked this other another Swedish friend years ago, and he mentioned how Sweden really doesn’t have very much in terms of Mexican Food. Which is a shame, because Mexican food is pretty amazing.

Which leads me down another road.

We were talking at work the other day about how every culture has it’s own form of a dumpling. I.E. Some form of meat that has bread wrapped around it.

Some examples:

Steamed Dumplings (Chinese... usually filled with pork.)
Jamaican Patty (Really spicy ground meat within a bread pocket)
Empanadas (latin meat onions and spices within a break pocket)
Cornish pasty (U.K developed for miners to keep their food warm and free of coal dust. Almost like a pot pie within bread)

So I am just curious what other examples of Dumplings we all have? I know we are all from many various cultures.

Of the above, I have had all of them. But oddly enough, I can’t think of something that would be “American” in this regard. Only thing I could come up with is Pigs in a Blanket. Little Cocktail sized hot dogs wrapped in a dough and baked.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Png
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
partangel wrote:
Scarlet Witch wrote:
partangel wrote:
Scarlet Witch wrote:

mb

wowsurpriseblush

Thank you so much! This was a huge surprise and made me smile!

Happy belated birthday, Caysi!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iceland
Reykjavík
flag msg tools
badge
The black wind howls... One among you will shortly perish...
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't go to Essen this year, so I asked Essen to come to me. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caysi McQuillan
United States
Newport
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bongoHerman wrote:

I don't see how this is a bad thing, in fact, very creative! So...what goodies came to you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noshrok Grimskull
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Wreckers don't call for backup, they call for cleanup!
mbmbmbmb
bongoHerman wrote:

Reminds me of when my Cthulhu Wars stuff showed up:

So what did you get?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Khalil Gibran
mbmbmbmbmb
bongoHerman wrote:

Looks like a Christmas tree!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Khalil Gibran
mbmbmbmbmb
Xeserox wrote:
anjulka wrote:
Paedra wrote:
I don't think I've ever had a burrito. What's the difference between it and a taco?

The way you fold the tortilla mostly.

OMG ROSE! There is SO MUCH MORE to it! . . (All said playfully mind you!)

Burritos normally have beans and rice as well as mean and some vegetables and cheese.

Taco, is meat, cheese and then some toppings. Usually lettuce, tomatoes, onions, jalapeños etc.

Most of the time when I got to more authentic taco places, there is never lettuce on them. They tend to be smaller.

True that more authentic burritos tend to have rice and beans, but my favorite burrito has no beans in it at all. And I've seen ones without rice too.

Thus all lines start to blur, which brings it back to how it's folded.

Quote:
We were talking at work the other day about how every culture has it’s own form of a dumpling. I.E. Some form of meat that has bread wrapped around it.

Some examples:

Steamed Dumplings (Chinese... usually filled with pork.)
Jamaican Patty (Really spicy ground meat within a bread pocket)
Empanadas (latin meat onions and spices within a break pocket)
Cornish pasty (U.K developed for miners to keep their food warm and free of coal dust. Almost like a pot pie within bread)

So I am just curious what other examples of Dumplings we all have? I know we are all from many various cultures.

Polish pierogis - more like dumplings than pasties or empanadas
Australian or Scottish meat pies
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
Indian- Samosas

They tend to be authentically vegetarian-based (spicy potato & peas are common, but I've certainly had chicken samosas, and even beef (which would stop the hearts of a nation that holds the cow sacred!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Fox
United States
Cairo
New York
flag msg tools
Scythe Rules!
badge
Being a dad rules!
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:

mb

There are two things here of note...

1. Hurray for Caysi! This is well deserved! Seriously!

2. Julia must have some serious pull some where to get all these MBs commissioned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xeserox wrote:
Scarlet Witch wrote:

mb

2. Julia must have some serious pull some where to get all these MBs commissioned.

Gretchen actually requested mine. modest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:

mb

Also, I will give 8gg reimbursement to the next 5 people who post that they bought (or will buy today with said 8gg) that microbadge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
#MeToo
mbmbmbmbmb
Xeserox wrote:
Scarlet Witch wrote:

mb

Nah, I just commissioned two (Marion's and Caysi's) and found two marvellous microbadgicians who answered the call. No pulls and no mystery, but I'm happy to see this one crafted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Miller
United States
Winchendon
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Memoir '44 World Cup Tournament Organizer - Red Eyed Jack
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anjulka wrote:
Scarlet Witch wrote:

mb

Also, I will give 8gg reimbursement to the next 5 people who post that they bought (or will buy) that microbadge.

I just added it on to my list of microbadges that I plan to buy for my 1000 microbadges in a single day.

Killer Miller arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Red Eyed Jack wrote:
anjulka wrote:
Scarlet Witch wrote:

mb

Also, I will give 8gg reimbursement to the next 5 people who post that they bought (or will buy) that microbadge.

I just added it on to my list of microbadges that I plan to buy for my 1000 microbadges in a single day.

Killer Miller arrrh

Hmmm... Let me go back and clarify the post to avoid this in the future. I would like it to be purchased now. You can continue saving for your 1000 microbadges later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caysi McQuillan
United States
Newport
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anjulka wrote:
Scarlet Witch wrote:

mb

Also, I will give 8gg reimbursement to the next 5 people who post that they bought (or will buy today with said 8gg) that microbadge.

This is very generous Rose! Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Miller
United States
Winchendon
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Memoir '44 World Cup Tournament Organizer - Red Eyed Jack
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anjulka wrote:
Red Eyed Jack wrote:
anjulka wrote:
Scarlet Witch wrote:

mb

Killer Miller arrrh

Hmmm... Let me go back and clarify the post to avoid this in the future. I would like it to be purchased now. You can continue saving for your 1000 microbadges later.

Ok, I went and purchased it. Now I've got to go and remove it from my list.

Killer Miller arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iceland
Reykjavík
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anjulka wrote:
Red Eyed Jack wrote:
anjulka wrote:
Scarlet Witch wrote:

mb

Killer Miller arrrh

Is it OK if I purchased before?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iceland
Reykjavík
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anjulka wrote:
bongoHerman wrote:

Looks like a Christmas tree!

Looks like my kind of Christmas Tree. (The bottom box mostly contained this years Christmas calendar and bubble wrap).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Red Eyed Jack wrote:
anjulka wrote:
Red Eyed Jack wrote:
anjulka wrote:
Scarlet Witch wrote:

mb

Killer Miller arrrh

Ok, I went and purchased it. Now I've got to go and remove it from my list.

Killer Miller arrrh

Thank you, Matthew.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bongoHerman wrote:
anjulka wrote:
Scarlet Witch wrote:

mb

Is it OK if I purchased before?

Yup!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iceland
Reykjavík
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Corran Horn wrote:
bongoHerman wrote:

Reminds me of when my Cthulhu Wars stuff showed up:

So what did you get?

Power Grid - Fabled Expansion
Metal Mania
Medical Frontier
The Ruhr : A Story of Coal Trade
Brettspiel Adventkalender 2017
Festival of Thousand Cats
My Story
Fabled Fruit: The Lime Expansion
Terraforming Mars - Venus Next
Taiwan Monsters Brawl
Fast Forward: Fear
Rescue Polar Bears: Data & Temperature
The Cousins’ War - Events expansion
The Cousins' War
7 Wonders - Leaders : Anniversary Pack
7 Wonders - Cities : Anniversary Pack
Terraforming Mars - Organizer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooooo... have you (or anyone else here) played Rescue Polar Bears: Data & Temperature yet? I'd love to know how it is before Nov 14th. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  256 , 257 , 258 , 259 , 260  Next »  [279] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.