Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6870 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [275] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Community » Feel the Love

Subject: Feel the Love - Thread #8 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Pizza [+] DrWho [+] thriends [+] FTL [+] Love_Spreaders [+] LSotW [+] LSW [+] Sanity_Loss [+] polls [+] FTL.Con [+] [View All]
Konrad T
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Feel the Love - Thread # 8
Toenail21 wrote:
Yay! New thread!

Also speaking of FFG stupidity does anyone in the know know when Arkham: Dunwich Legacy will be back in stock on CSI or at a decent price on Amazon? I'm really getting sick of Asmodee's "let's reduce stock to online retailers because we can" thing. I'm sure as heck not driving 160 miles to get to an FLGS.

Did You look at boardgameprices.com?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Merolli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's bring some Murrayness into this new thread

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Merolli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
Toenail21 wrote:

And shouldn't in this day and age the 1000 page problem have been fixed?

Nope, the solution to that is to change scripting system from php, oh and server system probably. PHP is shit for big systems with many visitors (source: used to build tings in php for things with many visitors as a living).

There is somethings to help but not with the amount of visitors BGG has (or well there is but they don't seem to have gone that route)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lampone wrote:
I didn't make it for the Golden Meeple while at Thread #7, but I am very close !

I'm knocking on the door of 100kthumbsup! wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Merolli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
steckman wrote:
Lampone wrote:
I didn't make it for the Golden Meeple while at Thread #7, but I am very close !

wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Corran Horn wrote:
BobSpoons wrote:
To quote the Second Doctor in "The Five Doctors":

"Ah, I see youve redecorated.. dont like it!"

Classic line.
Loved it.

One of my favourite from the entire original series, and not because of the line, but because of Pat Troughton's delivery, flawless!

Pat was wondefull anyway but he truly shined in The 3 Doctors and The 5 Doctors

The tales of his antics at conventions with Jon Pertwee and their manufactured rivalry are wonderful, sad loss they are gone.
Met Jon Pertwee once at a signing, I was so staarstruck I hardly spoke and just shoved my VHS at him for signature, only just able to say my name for the dedication... I looked so rude. Starstruck and slightly feint at the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Keep Lookin' Up
badge
Cloud break over Centennial Hall, Fairmount Park, Philadelphia, after a severe thunderstorm
mbmbmbmbmb
Toenail21 wrote:
KonradT wrote:
Toenail21 wrote:
Annowme wrote:
I pretty much have no hope of getting anything from the Dunwich Cycle except for the base pack, which I already have. Everything is out of stock everywhere and it's a massive turn-off to the game.

Agreed. I'm kind of annoyed by all that. Not sure if I'll be keeping Arkham.

So what exactly happens if I post in the old thread? (other than the wrath of Mother Julia coming down upon me )

Mom will scold You in best case, but can also spank You or do something worse than that.

BGG doesn't do well with big threads so posting in old thread can slow down the site.

She's right behind me, isn't she.

Sorry, but I didn't see all the dire warnings at the top of the page as I usually just jump on and post if it's not over 1,000 pages

LIKE NOW!

Just glad we didn't break the time-space continuum and stopped at 24, 992!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noshrok Grimskull
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Wreckers don't call for backup, they call for cleanup!
mbmbmbmb
Lampone wrote:
steckman wrote:
Lampone wrote:

wow

442092 Thumbs Received
358373 Thumbs Given

I've been here a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alicia
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played Glass Road for the third time in about a week! Yay! Then we ordered Fields of Arle! Yay! At a great price! Yay!

Paul also got Power Grid: The Card Game recently in a deal. Don't know anything about it yet, but...Yay!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
Corran Horn wrote:
Lampone wrote:
steckman wrote:
Lampone wrote:

wow

442092 Thumbs Received
358373 Thumbs Given

I've been here a while.

yeah me to, although not as well as you.

202181 Thumbs Received
180418 Thumbs Given
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Merolli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Corran Horn wrote:
Lampone wrote:
steckman wrote:
Lampone wrote:

wow

442092 Thumbs Received
358373 Thumbs Given

I've been here a while.

surprise surprise surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Merolli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I only need 18 thumbs for the Golden Meeple !!!!! blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Merolli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can make it tonite !!! modest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Merolli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
beardandglasses wrote:
Toenail21 wrote:
KonradT wrote:
Toenail21 wrote:
Annowme wrote:
I pretty much have no hope of getting anything from the Dunwich Cycle except for the base pack, which I already have. Everything is out of stock everywhere and it's a massive turn-off to the game.

Agreed. I'm kind of annoyed by all that. Not sure if I'll be keeping Arkham.

So what exactly happens if I post in the old thread? (other than the wrath of Mother Julia coming down upon me )

Mom will scold You in best case, but can also spank You or do something worse than that.

BGG doesn't do well with big threads so posting in old thread can slow down the site.

She's right behind me, isn't she.

Sorry, but I didn't see all the dire warnings at the top of the page as I usually just jump on and post if it's not over 1,000 pages

LIKE NOW!

Just glad we didn't break the time-space continuum and stopped at 24, 992!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Khalil Gibran
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh. I just realized that sometime in the last month, I've come to find this thread sorta like home. What a contrast to January when I told Julia that I wasn't sure that I was going to be staying very long this time either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lampone wrote:

I thumb bombed some of your images.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Merolli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
10001 Thumbs Received

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Merolli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
steckman wrote:
Lampone wrote:

I thumb bombed some of your images.

Thank you so much Stephen !!! modest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
Toenail21 wrote:

A fair point, but BGG is a massive data hub and has bigger fish to fry elsewhere. Besides, not many threads reliably hit 1000 pages except FTL.

Tangentially related, I'll post a bit of half-curmudgeonliness/half-honest analysis which I was discussing in GameChatLeague based on the recent AMA by Octavian on /r/boardgames, where the majority of the questions were about the website layout.

Quote:
In reading through the AMA, I'm surprised so many people think the forums here are so bad (especially when compared to the subreddit). I guess that's just the internet though. I agree there are a lot of dumb posts and rude replies, but in general I've found it to be useful.

Overall, the questions/answers weren't as interesting as I was hoping for. And I love that he put in his first post "I don't know about the redesign stuff" and then there were several questions asking exactly that.

Annowme wrote:
Quote:
Annowme wrote:
The arguments seem to boil down to "it doesn't look sexy and important (like me) so it is garbage."

It does seem like that, yeah.

I know I've worked in a few different systems. While lots of people have spent time in Photoshop, fewer have spent time in a company's filemaker database or whatever QMS system they are using, where "looking sexy" is the furthest thing in design consideration. Communication, Information, validation and retrieval are far more important.

And when I look at how BGG is laid out, it reminds me far more of a web-enhanced database first and foremost instead of a social media platform. And I'm okay with that, because this site's resources are second-to-none.

I want this post, in its entirety, pinned to the front page of BGG.

Thoughts? "Get off my lawn" gif notwithstanding (though I clearly appreciate the sentiment given the context), I really am genuinely surprised that there is SO MUCH PUSHBACK against the way BGG works as a massive database website.

Reddit is even more disorganized and not nearly so dense and rich with info, and other forum boards pale in comparison to what's offered here.

Does everyone everywhere just want a shiny, chrome-modern SquareSpace website with professional photography and ten filters for everything?

/hyperbole
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
#MeToo
mbmbmbmbmb
Lampone wrote:
I can make it tonite !!! modest

Seems like you made it, Ale. I read 10066 on your profile page Congratulations! What now? Will you stay a bit more with us?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
#MeToo
mbmbmbmbmb
We watched for the first time X-Men: Apocalypse tonight. 30 minutes or so before the end, our neighbors texted us asking to lower the volume. We read the message only after the movie ended. Andrea replied "Sorry, didn't hear the incoming message due to tv volume too high"

I'm still laughing (let's hope tomorrow not to discover we've been evicted)

The movie was good for almost 80% of the story. The ending is a bit cheesy and there are a few problems story-wise. Loved the bonus scene.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I bet he's lots of fun at parties.
United States
flag msg tools
I spent 200 GeekGold...
badge
...and all I got was this lousy overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
We watched for the first time X-Men: Apocalypse tonight. 30 minutes or so before the end, our neighbors texted us asking to lower the volume. We read the message only after the movie ended. Andrea replied "Sorry, didn't hear the incoming message due to tv volume too high"

I'm still laughing (let's hope tomorrow not to discover we've been evicted)

The movie was good for almost 80% of the story. The ending is a bit cheesy and there are a few problems story-wise. Loved the bonus scene.

I wasn't a huge fan of the last one, but the X-Men series in general is a bit of a mess. Logan was good though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oskar Arnason
Iceland
Reykjavík
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alicialaura wrote:
We played Glass Road for the third time in about a week! Yay! Then we ordered Fields of Arle! Yay! At a great price! Yay!

Paul also got Power Grid: The Card Game recently in a deal. Don't know anything about it yet, but...Yay!

I set up Fields of Arle after work today! I've been working 10-11 hour days for the past couple of weeks, so I'll hopefully get to learning it before my wife joins me up north next week.

While not playing solo games I did binge watch Penny Dreadful though, and enjoyed the series
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Monnat Jr
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Hourglass Realm D&D 5e Play by Forum (PbF) Campaign DM (we'd love to have you join us!)
badge
U.S.S. Tautog (SSN 639) doing an emergency blow with me on it (see profile for details)
mbmbmbmbmb
Lampone wrote:
10001 Thumbs Received

Congratulations Alessandro! That's a great pic, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [275] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.