Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jedi_hunter75 wrote:
The list!!!! Thank you.

I have a Kickstarter version on the way :-)

Good for you. It's a great game. Still one of my favorites after all these years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken at Sunrise wrote:
It's a great game. Still one of my favorites after all these years.

Amen to that. It's the only game i still have from my teenage years (i got my first copy during Christmas break of 1988, or possibly 89).

When i moved to Germany (1997), my then-newlywed wife, still in the States (and preparing to move here), sold off my whole game collection at a yard sale, reasoning, "he won't need these now that he's married." i just coincidentally happened to have my Ogre set with me at the time (it was the only game i brought with me, knowing that the rest would (ostensibly) follow within a few months).

Needless to say, she and i didn't stay married for very long, but Ogre is still here, and currently has (thanks to the ODE) the single largest shelf-space footprint of anything in my Man Cave/gaming room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jedi_hunter75 wrote:
The list!!!! Thank you.

Please come back and post here once you've had an opportunity to experience the simple majesty that is Ogre Designer's Edition. I love hearing about people's reactions once they've opened the box!

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Rock

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wolf90 wrote:
jedi_hunter75 wrote:
The list!!!! Thank you.

Please come back and post here once you've had an opportunity to experience the simple majesty that is Ogre Designer's Edition. I love hearing about people's reactions once they've opened the box!

D.

... or tried to pick it up for the first time (your FedEx guy is not going to like you). :-)

What I'm really worried about is the longer I have/look at the box, the more it feels like it's getting smaller. I'm not sure it's a good thing that its size is becoming "normal" to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
granitepenguin wrote:
wolf90 wrote:
jedi_hunter75 wrote:
The list!!!! Thank you.

D.

... or tried to pick it up for the first time (your FedEx guy is not going to like you). :-)

What I'm really worried about is the longer I have/look at the box, the more it feels like it's getting smaller. I'm not sure it's a good thing that its size is becoming "normal" to me.
Yeah, the first time I held one of FFG's coffin boxes in my hand I was amazed! Now, after owning OGRE: DE for a while, when I see something like Scythe, Kingdom Death: Monster, or Cthulhu Wars the reaction is just "so what?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
woohooo all those extra sheets I stockpiled might actually pay off?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cat O\'Mighty
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Opening the box is nothing.

Just wait til you try to close it!
=^,^=
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don M
msg tools
So the box arrived. Due to some weekend travel and work I have not yet broken the plastic off, but damn!

And the list of token sheets came in handy too. I managed to acquire the sponsored sheets pretty reasonably. Well they are ordered and on the way.

Tonight is going to be open it up and get it organized night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Saxton
United States
Affton
Missouri
flag msg tools
After all, gas can is my middle name. Eh, not really.
mbmbmbmbmb
jedi_hunter75 wrote:
And the list of token sheets came in handy too. Tonight is going to be open it up and get it organized night.

We'll expect you back in a week then ... don't get a hernia lifting the box!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jedi_hunter75 wrote:
Tonight is going to be open it up and get it organized night.

DO NOT try to tackle all of the constructs at once! Pace yourself and do a few sheets at a time. It's not going anywhere; enjoy the process.

A number of people have offered suggestions as to how to enhance the 3-D units, either through coloring the chipboard edges or using a small amount of glue to reinforce the connections. You might peruse the forums, especially from late 2013, on this topic. Again, it is much easier to do a few at a time.

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don M
msg tools
Drew I didn't punch out any of the sheets yet actually. I sat down with the rules. Looked those over. Loved the big sheet inside talking about punching them all out at once leading to madness.

I just took a good time looking everything over.

And Drew, I actually ordered the Barbarians sheet set with the tactical objectives add on :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah! So that's you!

I packed up some sets tonight; yours was one of them. It will be in the mail tomorrow, Priority.

Enjoy!

D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jedi_hunter75 wrote:
Drew I didn't punch out any of the sheets yet actually. I sat down with the rules. Looked those over. Loved the big sheet inside talking about punching them all out at once leading to madness.

If you're going to color the edges of the Ogres (and i strongly recommend that you do, even if you choose to only do them in black), it is much easier to do so before assembly. You can see many pictures of such Ogres, colored with both markers and acrylic paint, in this photo album:

https://goo.gl/photos/iZdD47rTkbnwUGzv8

In particular, the bottom half of that album might be of interest to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I colored and glued all of mine (ODE KS plus most backer sheets; some are still on the "to do" pile). It took a lot of time but they look really nice!

One recommendation: complete this process before acquiring any cats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
If you're going to color the edges of the Ogres (and i strongly recommend that you do, even if you choose to only do them in black), it is much easier to do so before assembly.

I couldn't agree with this more. Well said! (I went with black for every edge and although I have no comparison data points, a small touch of glue along the way is a simple step and I've had no issues)

D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron A
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
badge
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet-Gen. Mattis
mbmbmbmbmb
wolf90 wrote:
I love hearing about people's reactions once they've opened the box!

There's pretty much just one reaction: shock and awe. This reaction hits people that don't open the box, or even know what's inside it.

I still remember the day ODE arrived. FedEx refused to deliver it, and frankly, I was more than happy to go get it at the FedEx store.

I gave my name at the counter, and the employee said, 'oh, YOU'RE one of THEM!,' and called over 2 other employees. Apparently 3 ODE boxes had arrived and the FedEx people had no idea what could be in them. This was downtown San Diego, you'd think they'd seen everything, but I guess not. I was the 1st person that came by to get the box and all 3 peppered me with questions-- which I answered with a smug grin on my face.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don M
msg tools
I had three packages to pick up at my post office. Guy brings out 2 and goes "I have one more" and comes back rolling it out on a hand cart lol. I explained it was a game etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wolf90 wrote:
The Kickstarter Edition (red or yellow stripe)

These sheets were created by Steve Jackson Games, often with fan input via surveys (Suuuuuuuurrrrrrrvey....) and included with every Kickstarter copy of the game in addition to everything listed under the retail version. A few left over sheets were sold on W23, but sold out quickly. These have commanded high prices on the secondary market, regrettably.

Get the Kickstarter version if you can find one at a reasonable price, but even the retail version is loaded with Ogre goodness!

D.

I don't understand the "regrettably" bit. The KS-exclusive sheets *should* have commanded a premium, given that they were more limited in quantity.

Either way, you're getting an awful lot of PE HWZ. If playing ODE, consider PE buys HwZ at a cost of 0.5 AU to reflect the sheer efficiency of the Hwz factory!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know one of the KS Exclusive sheets was 'Targets go Boom'. What are the others.

P.S. I do see Targets go Boom for $60USD or so. But I also saw one on eBay that sold for $12USD too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Rock

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken at Sunrise wrote:
I know one of the KS Exclusive sheets was 'Targets go Boom'. What are the others.

P.S. I do see Targets go Boom for $60USD or so. But I also saw one on eBay that sold for $12USD too.

Drew listed them earlier in this thread:

1x K1 (Targets Go Boom 1)
1x L1 (Targets Go Boom 2)
1x M1 (KS Exclusive Overlays 1)
1x M2 (KS Exclusive Overlays 2)
1x P1 (Vulcans & Friends 1)
1x Q1 (Vulcans & Friends 2)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
granitepenguin wrote:
Ken at Sunrise wrote:

Drew listed them earlier in this thread:

1x K1 (Targets Go Boom 1)
1x L1 (Targets Go Boom 2)
1x M1 (KS Exclusive Overlays 1)
1x M2 (KS Exclusive Overlays 2)
1x P1 (Vulcans & Friends 1)
1x Q1 (Vulcans & Friends 2)

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Lewis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you need to fill in some items

https://www.facebook.com/groups/114841403769/permalink/10155...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don M
msg tools
Misplaced Buckeye wrote:

True story there. Keith has a wonderful selection there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Lewis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Don. BTW Your order goes out this weekend. Will pm you later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken at Sunrise wrote:

Targets go boom is cheaper here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.