Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
79 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

Ogre» Forums » General

Subject: Kickstarter edition of ODE rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don M
msg tools
So I got my Nightfall sheets from Steve Jackson games. On the sponsored sheet page it mentions a 16 page scenario book. I got no book. So I emailed them. Is it available as a pdf or something?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Saxton
United States
Affton
Missouri
flag msg tools
After all, gas can is my middle name. Eh, not really.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The original sponsor of the sheets that was to have supplied the book bailed early on, and apparently provided almost nothing to Steve Jackson Games when SJG took the property back from them.

SJG has stated they will provide the book, and it is being worked on, but there is no schedule for a release date.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the original sponsor found out that writing a 16-page scenario book is more work than they guessed.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

I can help with this . . .

As mentioned (Thanks, Jeff!) the original sponsor of the sheets promised a campaign scenario book along with the sheets. For reasons unknown to me, they were never able to produce anything beyond an outline. Indeed, even fulfilling the preorders they received was a challenge for them. Steve Jackson Games took over the material and completed the orders for the counter sheets. SJ Games also committed to producing the book, although freely acknowledged that completing their own KS promises would take priority. Which they worked on and made progress.

Last year I joined the staff as Ogre Line Editor and was tasked with wrapping up the various outstanding promises, including Nightfall. I believe I have made great strides over the past year in this endeavor, with more to come. Nightfall is very much still on my plate. It WILL see the light of day. But I have many other Ogre responsibilities as well, so I must ask for patience. I want everyone to be pleased with the end result!

Make sure you are subscribed to Ogre News on the Ogre web page. Any updates to Nightfall will undoubtedly be posted there, as well as elsewhere. In the meantime, we have some exciting other products nearer to completion; stay tuned!

D.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don M
msg tools
Drew, that's great to hear. The whole idea of the Ogres going rogue etc just sounded like it'd make for some interesting scenarios.

After seeing it suggested many places, as I punch out and assemble my 3D pieces I am finishing the edges in various colors of dry erase markers. Makes such a difference.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jedi_hunter75 wrote:
After seeing it suggested many places, as I punch out and assemble my 3D pieces I am finishing the edges in various colors of dry erase markers. Makes such a difference.


A huge difference . Now i challenge you to make sure that no two Ogres of the same model and color have the same outline color design. i.e. make each one visually distinct on the battlefield. It can be done! If you run out of colors, start using combinations, e.g. red along the outer edges and blue along the "spine", or tiger stripes, etc.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Rock

Illinois
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I still can't bring myself to "deface" my set by coloring the edges. I suppose it's absurd, but marking up stuff just bugs me.
3 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
granitepenguin wrote:
I still can't bring myself to "deface" my set by coloring the edges. I suppose it's absurd, but marking up stuff just bugs me.


I thought so to, but I edged some things in black only. Very nice looking.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken at Sunrise wrote:
granitepenguin wrote:
I still can't bring myself to "deface" my set by coloring the edges. I suppose it's absurd, but marking up stuff just bugs me.


I thought so to, but I edged some things in black only. Very nice looking.


Yep. I went all black for the edges. I really like the end result.

D.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And then there are those of us who would have been completely satisfied with a set of 2-color counters, and were exceedingly glad to receive a set of flat Ogres.

Of course, I just got in for the maps to use with Ogre Miniatures...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GrauGeist wrote:
And then there are those of us who would have been completely satisfied with a set of 2-color counters, and were exceedingly glad to receive a set of flat Ogres.

Of course, I just got in for the maps to use with Ogre Miniatures...


I thought they released the larger two colour ones because the baby boomer's, some of whom made the game, eyesight was getting worse. laugh

Actually I have both the 3D and two colour. But I do love the cardboard 3D ones. Not being a painter, but still seeing a 3D full colour Ogre coming across the map is awesome and attention getting even to people not in the game.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, absolutely, 3-D is awesome, hence Ogre Miniatures Set 1, coming Q4 2017 or Q1 2018!

Molded in color, and easy to assemble. The detailing is amazing, so much cleaner and nicer than the metals.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GrauGeist wrote:
Oh, absolutely, 3-D is awesome, hence Ogre Miniatures Set 1, coming Q4 2017 or Q1 2018!


We're still on target for release this year. And planning for Ogre Miniatures Set 2 Kickstarter this year as well!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Christmas would be great!

Thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After all this time there are still Doubters and Naysayers and Fraidycats when it comes to coloring the edges of the Ogres with anything but black.

There is no universe in which plain cardboard Ogres look better than those with a bit of color added to them:



It not only looks better, but it's a functional improvement. Having each Ogre be visually distinct means you spend no in-game time asking yourself, "which Mark III is that?"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Rock

Illinois
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
After all this time there are still Doubters and Naysayers and Fraidycats when it comes to coloring the edges of the Ogres with anything but black.

There is no universe in which plain cardboard Ogres look better than those with a bit of color added to them:

It not only looks better, but it's a functional improvement. Having each Ogre be visually distinct means you spend no in-game time asking yourself, "which Mark III is that?"


Hey, there's no reason for name-calling. ;-)

My personal choice of not coloring is more about maintaining the original look. I don't annotate or dog-ear books, either.

"looks better" is a subjective statement (I personally like black over colored edges that I've seen), but I will give you there are functional benefits. Having said that, one thing I have _never_ said is "which Mark III is that?" with my stock cardboard-showing Ogres.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron A
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
badge
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet-Gen. Mattis
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:

There is no universe in which plain cardboard Ogres look better than those with a bit of color added to them:


You're probably right, but my universe will include Ogres from the upcoming Ogre minis KS.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SBGrad wrote:
sgbeal wrote:
There is no universe in which plain cardboard Ogres look better than those with a bit of color added to them:


You're probably right, but my universe will include Ogres from the upcoming Ogre minis KS.


Yup. There is no universe in which 2.5D Ogres look better than actual 3-D sculpted Ogres, especially when molded in color!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My Ogres with black edging are fine. Actually I prefer them over the colour edging. If you can't tell which Ogre is which then I doubt that any colour edging will help. Perhaps there is something wrong with your colour perception, and you may want to get checked. I'm not any of those names you resorted to, my tastes are simply different than your's. And that's okay.

All of this is subjective taste anyway. If you're not using life size, real AI Ogres with a full weaponized loadout, then you not getting the full experience.

My Ogres with black edging are fine. Actually I prefer them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken at Sunrise wrote:
My Ogres with black edging are fine. Actually I prefer them over the colour edging.


i should have been explicit in including "black" as a color. My intention was that "uncolored" means "unmodified plain cardboard".

Ken at Sunrise wrote:
All of this is subjective taste anyway. If you're not using life size, real AI Ogres with a full weaponized loadout, then you not getting the full experience.


Only because SJG hasn't gotten of their collective butts and kickstarted them yet .

Ken at Sunrise wrote:
My Ogres with black edging are fine. Actually I prefer them.


Black is just fine (and a major improvement over the plain cardboard). Non-black color is better .
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron A
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
badge
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet-Gen. Mattis
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Black is the new orange.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SBGrad wrote:

Black is the new orange.


*cough*

*cough*
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Rock

Illinois
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
SBGrad wrote:

Black is the new orange.


*cough*

*cough*


Funny
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don M
msg tools
Hey, just an FYI for anyone ordering Barbarians at the Gate from Deew or ordering any of Keith's extra sheets. Both of them are a pleasure to deal with. They pack well and ship ridiculously fast. Thanks to both of them for their time and efforts.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.