Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"Old does not mean dead! New does not mean best! No hard feelings I'm tired of being right about everything I've said! Yours does not mean mine! Kill does not mean die! We are not your kind! No excuses I CHALLENGE YOU TO ALL OUT FUCKING LIFE!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is what I have caught so far, presented in an easy list for those to print out and put in game. I have submitted this as a PDF file as well. Am also working with Kevin for the 2nd printing to have the corrected things updated. Please comment with anything else you may catch.

Updated 7/25/2017
Aircraft Card Errata:
Mosquito:
Add Fuel Tank

Super Mystere:
Add M117R

A-4 Skyhawk:

Add M117R, M118, and AGM-78

Nesher:
Add M117R, add ECM

F-4 Phantom II:

Add GBU-16

Kfir C.2:
Add AGM-45, AGM-65, and CBU

F-16:
Add AGM-45, AGM-78, and GBU-16

F-35:
Add AIM-9 and AGM-65

Campaign Card Errata:
Six Day War:
Add Mk 81 bombs to Standard Weapons

Desert Storm:
Delete references to AIM-120

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
Will the actual cards be available for print n play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Verssen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If people would like that, I can make the edits, and then post up a PDF of the changed planes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
KevinVerssen wrote:
If people would like that, I can make the edits, and then post up a PDF of the changed planes.

Yes please, and the campaign sheets. I assume the 2nd printing wouldn't be anytime soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Reston
United States
Albquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
KevinVerssen wrote:

Sure - I just need to get myself a decent printer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michal
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for revision of planes. : )

There is some minor glitch in 2022 Armageddon campaign.

Python is allowed as special weapon. This mean it will never be used. It has same stats as AIM-9 and there is plenty of them. Also if player is about spending 1 SO for AtA he would rather spend it on AIM-120 that is also special weapon.
As I said it is minor thing and it does not affect gameplay.

2006 Lebanon is still unsolved. I wrote about it in another topic. Basic issue is that all approach sites can be passed on high altitude. It is an issue in every mission in campaign. Flying to target card poses no threat at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jonathan! I'm really loving the game thus far and debunked the F-4 Phantom internal cannon question I had, assuming its the E model.

After some time they figured out that it needed a real internal cannon and not an awkward hard mounted gun pod

Now I'm back off to Lebanon to hit the regional HQ just southwest of Beirut... Happy hunting fellas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"Old does not mean dead! New does not mean best! No hard feelings I'm tired of being right about everything I've said! Yours does not mean mine! Kill does not mean die! We are not your kind! No excuses I CHALLENGE YOU TO ALL OUT FUCKING LIFE!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Updated to add the Nesher ECM.
Removed AGM-65 for Super Mystere, as it is not available campaign wise when the Super Mystere flew.

Thank you Michal!

Mugen_Infinity8 wrote:
Thanks Jonathan! I'm really loving the game thus far and debunked the F-4 Phantom internal cannon question I had, assuming its the E model.

After some time they figured out that it needed a real internal cannon and not an awkward hard mounted gun pod

Glad to hear it Dave!

Yes, the Israeli's specifically said they wanted the internal cannon on their F-4's (Nicknamed Kurnass in Hebrew which means 'Sledgehammer', as a lover of all things F-4, I truly cannot think of a better name for it, it certainly was no 'Phantom'. laugh ).

As it is Israeli's value/valued gun kills over missile kills in terms of bragging rights among the pilots. They still do to this day (Quite a few of their F-15 kills in the 80's were done by guns, the pilots returning home with kills and still had full missile pylons), hence their requirements for F-4, and the fact the game comes with the optional rule to give pilots who shoot down aircraft with cannon an extra XP per aircraft shot down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
Yes, the Israeli's specifically said they wanted the internal cannon on their F-4's (Nicknamed Kurnass in Hebrew which means 'Sledgehammer', as a lover of all things F-4, I truly cannot think of a better name for it, it certainly was no 'Phantom'. laugh ).

As it is Israeli's value/valued gun kills over missile kills in terms of bragging rights among the pilots. They still do to this day (Quite a few of their F-15 kills in the 80's were done by guns, the pilots returning home with kills and still had full missile pylons), hence their requirements for F-4, and the fact the game comes with the optional rule to give pilots who shoot down aircraft with cannon an extra XP per aircraft shot down.

Really cool details Jonathan. The more I learn about these F-4s the more I find myself loving "The world's largest distributor of MiG parts."

Whelp, we're cleared to take off for another sortie of 'Sledgehammers' down near the Bekaa Valley... Ahh, the smell of jet fuel in the morning
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michal
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope you won't hate me for being suspicious. This time I'm playing 1956 campaign. I have all type of planes and now I see that Mosquito can't carry Fuel Tank while all other planes can. Was this choice made on purpose or was it overlooked?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
c08mk wrote:
I hope you won't hate me for being suspicious. This time I'm playing 1956 campaign. I have all type of planes and now I see that Mosquito can't carry Fuel Tank while all other planes can. Was this choice made on purpose or was it overlooked?

Looks like an oversight, no reason, at least historically, that they couldn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michal
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. If historically they were not able to equip Fuel Tanks it is good enough reason not to change anything.
1956 campaign seemes to have all ordnance correct then.
It is very good and playable campampaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
References to the AIM-120 are going to be removed from the Gulf War scenario as is accurate. Kevin spoke with his Dad last night about it's inclusion in the Hornet Leader scenarios and Dan admitted he made a mistake many moons ago. So for IAFL it will be removed. HL is obviously up to the player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michal
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Specific card question.

Nesher - Courage (Metz Lev): Average

While leveling-up pilot sometimes gain one stats and loose other it seems that Average skill of this pilot have really bad penalty while advancing from Green to Average.
Green: Okay 0-5 Slow -1 / -1
Average: Okay 0-3 Fast -2 / -2

I have all Leaders and this is first time I see such big penalty for Okay average leveling so I wonder if it is not some kind of mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Jones
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still curious to hear about the solution to the problem Michal found with the 2006 campaign, namely that all the sites are Low only, so that planes can fly in at High and not worry about getting hit.

He suggested a possible solution in his thread about the 2006 campaign. What's the official response?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michal, Howard, et al,

Kevin, and his fiance Sarah, (Who also handles DVG customer service among other things) are on a vacation together for the following week.

I'm sure he'll be back on when they return.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Jones
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the swift response!

I hope they have a great getaway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dampenon Fabien
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
Rookies talk about strategy, Grognards about Logistics
mbmbmbmbmb
AGM-78 Weapon seems to be missing in Rulebook...

I eventually find the counter, with the same weapon on recto/verso...first time I see this in a Leader Game...

And this weapon should arm A-4 and F-16 in errata...but is missing from those "corrected" Aircraft cards in file section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dampenon Fabien
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
Rookies talk about strategy, Grognards about Logistics
mbmbmbmbmb

My "C2 Kfir Cards" have already AGM65 and CBU printed...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Jones
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was this question about the 2006 campaign ever settled? It's what kept me from ordering the game in a recent sale.

So, in 2006 all the sites are Low and the planes can fly High so there's no challenge. Is that accurate? Is there an official fix?

A loyal Air Leader purchaser and playtester would like to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brown
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know @joneshowarda saw this on Facebook, but for anyone else here's a copy-paste of Kevin Verssen's reply:

Quote:
The major decision you have throughout the Campaign is: If you fly High and stay High, you'll need to purchase the Special Weapons in the AGM and GBU series with SO points. If you are low on SO points, you'll need to use the Mk. 80's and fly low.

Plus, you need to worry about the "Political Pressure" Campaign note, where if you are missing too many ground attacks, you lose more SOs.

My hope was players would feel safe, buy a bunch of Special Weapons, drop a bunch of SO points, and then the second half of the Campaign suddenly need to fly low, and every Miss is potentially costing them the Campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Verssen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am putting together the Leader Errata pack over the next few days, has there been any more Errata people have found?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KevinVerssen wrote:
I am putting together the Leader Errata pack over the next few days, has there been any more Errata people have found?

The only things I know of are the ones found in the FILES section. But I assume you already know about those.

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.