Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all gamers in Auburn and the immediate area getting a group started on a consistent basis likely 1 x month. It would be in Auburn, WA and likely on Saturday during the day that people can bring their family. An adult only game night is also appealing 1 x month. I would host it at my office as it can handle a whole bunch of kids and adults with a partial kitchen for food if it grows to that point. If either or both of these ideas are of interest let me know and once we get a few interested we can get something started.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broadbent
United States
Covington
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it involves bringing children, I might be a sometimes participant. I like playing with the children, though Saturdays can get full.
Keep me in the loop!
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It will likely be a monthly thing like the third Saturday or every month. All tbd of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JiJi D
United States
Puyallup
Wa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's not terrible a drive for me. My school's gaming club is just Magic and Yu-gi-oh and I fell out TCGs in the early 00's. Though it's just me (and maybe a classmate), I'm fine with either. Have games will travel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garber
United States
Des Moines
WA
flag msg tools
badge
Introverting Extrovertedly
mbmbmbmbmb
Where is this at? A store? Your house?

Also, what area of Auburn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wilcox
United States
Fircrest
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
I'd be interested - out of Tacoma.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Gardner
msg tools
Very interested. Have several games, always looking to play more! I live in Auburn so this is perfect!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin
United States
Covington
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be interested as well in both a game night that included families and kids, and also one that is adults only which would play heavier games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dennis
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Love to join up. Im up the hill in federal way. Evenings are better for me and prefer AO

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I think that is enough interest to get one started in September. The earliest one I can make work is September 16th how would 1-5 pm sound for family focus? If people want to hang around for more heavier games that can start up around then and go later. With enough adults and/or older kids to rotate we could keep an eye on all the kids and all get to play some games.

So how does Saturday September 16 1-5 pm sound? RSVP by reply on this thread You can RSVP interest in an adult only session that night as well 5-9ish as there has been some interest as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Fezig wrote:
Where is this at? A store? Your house?

Also, what area of Auburn?

It is my office, Coffey Chiropractic, 4701 Auburn Way North. Rooms for kids to nap, two large rooms games can be played in, bathrooms and a small kitchenette people can store snacks. A few areas would have to be off limits to protect patient confidentiality, but that wouldn't be hard. It is a large building with a large parking lot with only one entrance/exit and largely fenced in so kids could play with supervision safely. Only negative is there is no grass
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Murray
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daniel,
Thanks for heading up a game group in my town!!
Count me in!

George
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JiJi D
United States
Puyallup
Wa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in for the long haul, too. A day of gaming sounds fabulous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broadbent
United States
Covington
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll put it on my calendar. I imagine one or a few of my children would love to come game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin
United States
Covington
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clbroad wrote:
I'll put it on my calendar. I imagine one or a few of my children would love to come game.

Let me know, and we could car pool. I'm sure a couple of my kids would be interested in going as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Eberle
United States
Kent
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If there's still space in the office I would very much enjoy coming to play games with your group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depending on how many RSVP if the majority of people who expressed interest come to the first one I imagine we could have two tables going steady taking turns rotating out watching and playing with the kids. I just know from experience that most gaming groups are not well suited for families and the need/want for a family group is there. I participated in one when I lived in California and it was great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone is welcome and I encourage everyone to bring 2-3 games as I only keep a few games at the office and won't have my collection which while large is on the smaller end of BGG standards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JiJi D
United States
Puyallup
Wa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've no idea what games to bring and I don't want to end up bringing a duplicate. If someone wants to just take a look at my collection and make some requests, that would make the decision making easier for me. I'm willing to bring a fair few. One of my Kickstarters shipped and should arrive today or tomorrow; I'll throw whatever that one is in for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guuthulhu wrote:
I've no idea what games to bring and I don't want to end up bringing a duplicate. If someone wants to just take a look at my collection and make some requests, that would make the decision making easier for me. I'm willing to bring a fair few. One of my Kickstarters shipped and should
arrive today or tomorrow; I'll throw whatever that one is in for sure.

Don't stress about duplicates. I'll have a small collection ranging from 3-4 players to Party size. Just bring whatever you want and maybe it'll get played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll: September 16 1pm Auburn Game Day
Headcount RSVP
How many adults are you bringing?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
85.7% 6
14.3% 1
0.0% 0
0.0% 0
Voters 7
How many children are you bringing?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
57.1% 4
0.0% 0
28.6% 2
14.3% 1
0.0% 0
0.0% 0
0.0% 0
Voters 7
This poll is now closed.   7 answers
Poll created by escadia12
Closes: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:00 am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Minneman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Jackasses? You let a whole column get stalled and strafed on account of a couple of jackasses? What the hell's the matter with you?
mbmbmbmbmb
We may be a little late (I'm singing at a funeral at 11 am), but we'll try to make it by 2 PM. Thanks for setting this up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries come when you can. We'll see how it goes.
robbbbbb wrote:
We may be a little late (I'm singing at a funeral at 11 am), but we'll try to make it by 2 PM. Thanks for setting this up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a reminder as there was a lot of interest and not nearly as many RSVPs that the first game day is in 10 days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reminder that tomorrow is the first game day. Starting at 1 pm at 4701 Auburn Way North, Auburn, WA 98002. FYI it is a business not a house or church. You can bring your own snacks/food no obligation/pressure to share. Sounds like we'll be bringing some brownies and pretzels for everyone. We have a fridge and microwave if you want to bring food and of course you can group up and order whatever you want. Just please eat in the kitchen area or outside. Please bring whatever games you want. We'll have a movie set up for the kids. We have toys for younger kids 3 and under. If kids want to play outside in the parking lot with a football or something I want an adult out there with them to keep an eye out which can be rotated. Look forward to meeting everyone, hope for a good turnout and for some fun and games. Phone number is 253-850-2225 and the business is Coffey Chiropractic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] |