Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Pettibone
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
What was that song?

"I Shot the Sheriff..." But I think we blew up the deputy....

Thanks for playing. I'll try to be more knowledgeable about the other kickstarters I'm bringing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Auburn Washington game day March 17 1pm
Hello all,

We are back on for this month. March 17 at 1 pm to whenever we finish. We've had a good run of game days (minus canceling last month, not due to attendance just other commitments) and I am grateful for those who have attended and gotten to know. As is usual here is the RSVP poll take it and thumb it so I can see who has already RSVP'd. Happy gaming!

Poll
Please indicate whether you are attending by voting in the poll below if you can attend and then thumb it as i do send out some emails if the polls are low.
How many adults are you bringing?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
25.0% 1
50.0% 2
25.0% 1
0.0% 0
0.0% 0
Voters 4
How many children?
66.7% 2
0.0% 0
33.3% 1
0.0% 0
0.0% 0
5+
0.0% 0
Voters 3
This poll is now closed.   4 answers
Poll created by escadia12
Closes: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:00 am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Eberle
United States
Kent
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent news! I was wondering if this had died on the vine or was just on a respite.

(Edit: Nope, I don't have anything that conflicts after all.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Clancy
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Is this an open gaming group? What is the location?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kclancy wrote:
Is this an open gaming group? What is the location?

Yes it is an open group. The location is:

Coffey Chiropractic
4701 Auburn Way North
Auburn, WA 98002

Hope to see you there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow skipping a month and the numbers dwindle. As such we will have a gameday for sure tomorrow to keep it going and next month. Please make an effort to attend as if is low attendance multiple times in a row it'll likely mean the end of the group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Day this Saturday. Had a good group show up last month (4 or 5 attendees) and hoping to keeping it going. RSVP by poll below and like to indicate who has voted. I sometimes email those who don't to get a head count. Reminder this is a family friendly kid welcome group and as such there are occasional interruptions that are bound to happen. All are welcome and we frequently have a fun balance. See you Saturday!

Poll
Including yourself how many adults will be coming to this game day?
16.7% 1
66.7% 4
16.7% 1
0.0% 0
0.0% 0
Voters 6
How many children? Games, Movies and other activities are available
66.7% 4
0.0% 0
33.3% 2
0.0% 0
0.0% 0
5+
0.0% 0
Voters 6
This poll is now closed.   6 answers
Closes: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:00 am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last month's game day we had a fun selection of games. Unspeakable Words: Deluxe Edition was what we led off with and was quite enjoyable, followed up with San Marco which at 4 players was certainly an experience. We finally ended with a game of Castles of Mad King Ludwig.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Pettibone
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
This month we coincide with Healthy Kids Day at the YMCA. I'm committed to helping belay on the climbing tower at the local Y (if your kids are 8 or older, come on down 10 to 1 to climb!). I'll be late, but I still intend to come.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A Great turn out on Saturday a larger number led to lighter fare with plenty of fun.

Games played:
Tumblin-Dice A jumbo-sized home made version by George who dominated
Stockpile 4 player game with a pretty tight grouping
Unspeakable Words: Deluxe Edition Only 2 people stayed say by games end
Skull A pretty fun and easy to teach bluffing game
Dragon Slayer
Gauntlet of Fools

We will not be able to have a game day next month as all of our weekends are booked but plan on the next one being June 16, 2018. Mark your calendars. Also Sunday July 8th there is a massive Game Swap in Puyallup I went last year and it was huge with games for sale and a huge math-trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are back in session for the month of June. So game day is next Saturday June 16 at 1 pm. Hope we have another great turn out. Besides the months we couldn't host we have had a good turnout to gameday. When we skip a month it does sometimes have a negative effect so if you want the group to persist make an effort to attend at least every other month. Hope to see you all there and have a great day!

Another note is Sunday July 8 is the 7th Annual Pacific Northwest Game Swap. Hundreds of people go to buy, sell and trade. It is at someone's house in Puyallup and I went last year it was certainly an interesting event. Here is a link to the no-ship Mathtrade with the details.

https://trade.abecorn.com/#/trade/5ad199d69e4292003c47f68f

Also as is usual please RSVP with the survey below.

Happy Gaming!

Poll: 6/16/18 Game Day RSVP
Please RSVP even if you can't attend and thumb so I can see who to reach out to later this week and remind them. Thank you.
How many adults will be coming with you?
0.0% 0
75.0% 3
25.0% 1
0.0% 0
0.0% 0
0.0% 0
Voters 4
How many children will you bring along? Children are welcome to either play along or hang out with other kids watching movies or playing
50.0% 2
0.0% 0
25.0% 1
25.0% 1
0.0% 0
5+
0.0% 0
Voters 4
This poll is now closed.   4 answers
Closes: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:00 am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently we are looking at 5 adults and 5 kids. All the kids mentioned are all well behaved, so looks like this already is setup to be a good gameday. More are welcome of course as with larger numbers we can break out a second table or play games that do better with higher counts. See you Saturday!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a good game day with a solid small group. Games played include: Robo Rally, Ugg-Tect, Carcassonne: Hunters and Gatherers, Ancestree and The Voyages of Marco Polo.

Ancestree certainly exceeded expectations and was a pretty good light game that had meaningful decisions and plays quickly.

The Voyages of Marco Polo was a hit but went a little long with various interruptions as such Tim left after his final turn and wanted to know the final score.

Brittney 71 with Mercator
Daniel 68 with Burke Khan
Rob 60 with Raschid
Tim 45 with Niccolo and Marco

The map certainly didn't do any favors in regards to movement or alternative resource generation and Brittney was able to best capitalize by getting the most contracts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy T
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Heh, didn't help to not get either of my travel bonuses. I really enjoyed this game.

Thanks for sharing the score.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Shankland

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New to BGG, had to work last weekend. Following for future events...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wasn't the most movement friendly board and your character would of benefited the most.

SgtYork wrote:
Heh, didn't help to not get either of my travel bonuses. I really enjoyed this game.

Thanks for sharing the score.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome and hope to see you at one of our future gamedays. Don't hesitate to ask BGG questions as well. Awesome community not the best structured. Lots of gems to be found.

KCShankland wrote:
New to BGG, had to work last weekend. Following for future events...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
July Game Day is on but it is going to be one week early due to a Conference I need to be at all weekend. So Saturday July 14 will be our next game day at 1 pm to whenever. I guess I'll create the RSVP poll now while I am at it. There is also the 7th Annual Northwest Game Swap ON Sunday July 8 for those interested (link below).

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1975794/7th-annual-pacific-...

Poll: 7/14/2018 Gameday RSVP
Please RSVP by voting below and like the post to indicate you voted. Thank you!
Adults?
16.7% 1
33.3% 2
33.3% 2
16.7% 1
0.0% 0
Voters 6
Kids?
66.7% 4
0.0% 0
16.7% 1
0.0% 0
0.0% 0
5+
16.7% 1
Voters 6
This poll is now closed.   6 answers
Closes: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:00 am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Eberle
United States
Kent
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's fun--you should join us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Pettibone
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
Sorry, I've got another commitment on the 14th. I think I could have made it on the 21st, but the 14th is one of the lowest tides of the year and I need to be on the beach working.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have fun Roger. We were just talking about looking up a good low tide with the kids. We went to Seahurst and were able to go out for 1/4 mile easily and it was flat and smooth. There was very limited variety of life and no tide pools. Any recommendations?

darqref wrote:
Sorry, I've got another commitment on the 14th. I think I could have made it on the 21st, but the 14th is one of the lowest tides of the year and I need to be on the beach working.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Griffin Frost
msg tools
My Girlfriend and I would be interested in coming by. Is there anything you’d like for us to bring? We have a pretty good collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garber
United States
Des Moines
WA
flag msg tools
badge
Introverting Extrovertedly
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I may actually be able to make it to this one!

I also have a pretty good sized collection and would be happy to bring a few down. Are there gaps in what you guys have or games people are interested in playing?

Some of the ones people may be familiar with are Concordia, Yokohama, Chinatown, Kingdomino, World's Fair. Otherwise, if you give me some parameters I can bring games to fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Eberle
United States
Kent
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you bring Chinatown it means I don't have to. (Ditto Kingdomino, both of which I will play.) I tend to swim a little more in the shallower end of the game pool but you'll get an idea of the group when you show up and meet us.

To Griffin: Bring things you want to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GriffinFrost wrote:
My Girlfriend and I would be interested in coming by. Is there anything you’d like for us to bring? We have a pretty good collection.

Bring whatever you'd like. We haven't played anything super heavy but I know their are some not opposed and if enough show up then we simply make two groups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] |