Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
152 Posts
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [7] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » West

Subject: Auburn Washington gaming group starting rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Fezig wrote:
I think I may actually be able to make it to this one!

I also have a pretty good sized collection and would be happy to bring a few down. Are there gaps in what you guys have or games people are interested in playing?

Some of the ones people may be familiar with are Concordia, Yokohama, Chinatown, Kingdomino, World's Fair. Otherwise, if you give me some parameters I can bring games to fit.

Most who attend bring a bag of games and usually everyone ends up picking a game. The most played games so far have been: Stockpile, Clank!, Unspeakable Words and Castles of Mad King Ludwig. Those have all made repeat appearances but otherwise it's quite a spread.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Pettibone
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
well, we're over on Hood Canal, so it's a longer drive. Tidepools are sorta difficult, most beaches around here are more or less even. The best tideflats are where a stream enters, so sediment builds up, and if the stream is strong then it can form meanders. July 12 - 15 are all very low tides. Beaches I've been to: Carkeek park in Seattle, Salt Water and Dash Point State Parks. If you want to drive some, I'd head for the south end of Hood Canal (Potlatch or Belfair State Parks, maybe Twanoh?). I'm coming up blank on places with good tidepools.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garber
United States
Des Moines
WA
flag msg tools
badge
Introverting Extrovertedly
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
darqref wrote:
well, we're over on Hood Canal, so it's a longer drive. Tidepools are sorta difficult, most beaches around here are more or less even. The best tideflats are where a stream enters, so sediment builds up, and if the stream is strong then it can form meanders. July 12 - 15 are all very low tides. Beaches I've been to: Carkeek park in Seattle, Salt Water and Dash Point State Parks. If you want to drive some, I'd head for the south end of Hood Canal (Potlatch or Belfair State Parks, maybe Twanoh?). I'm coming up blank on places with good tidepools.

The beach at the marina in Des Moines also has a stream that runs down to the water, so if you come for Saltwater and Dash Point you may find it worth the stop down here as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Fezig wrote:
darqref wrote:
well, we're over on Hood Canal, so it's a longer drive. Tidepools are sorta difficult, most beaches around here are more or less even. The best tideflats are where a stream enters, so sediment builds up, and if the stream is strong then it can form meanders. July 12 - 15 are all very low tides. Beaches I've been to: Carkeek park in Seattle, Salt Water and Dash Point State Parks. If you want to drive some, I'd head for the south end of Hood Canal (Potlatch or Belfair State Parks, maybe Twanoh?). I'm coming up blank on places with good tidepools.

The beach at the marina in Des Moines also has a stream that runs down to the water, so if you come for Saltwater and Dash Point you may find it worth the stop down here as well.

Guess I should look into it this week as as all of those are not far away at all. It's been awhile since I've been to Des Moines Marina. It's a shame they started charging for parking.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garber
United States
Des Moines
WA
flag msg tools
badge
Introverting Extrovertedly
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
escadia12 wrote:
The_Fezig wrote:
darqref wrote:
well, we're over on Hood Canal, so it's a longer drive. Tidepools are sorta difficult, most beaches around here are more or less even. The best tideflats are where a stream enters, so sediment builds up, and if the stream is strong then it can form meanders. July 12 - 15 are all very low tides. Beaches I've been to: Carkeek park in Seattle, Salt Water and Dash Point State Parks. If you want to drive some, I'd head for the south end of Hood Canal (Potlatch or Belfair State Parks, maybe Twanoh?). I'm coming up blank on places with good tidepools.

The beach at the marina in Des Moines also has a stream that runs down to the water, so if you come for Saltwater and Dash Point you may find it worth the stop down here as well.

Guess I should look into it this week as as all of those are not far away at all. It's been awhile since I've been to Des Moines Marina. It's a shame they started charging for parking.

Agreed. At least it's easy to get parking on the next street over and walk in on non-market days. Also, if you buy stuff at the farmers market they waive your parking fee (or at least they were doing that all last summer).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Off topic, but you are all welcome to attend if you want our Ribbon Cutting for our re-branded office. We've been making slow but steady changes over the past year and will continue to do so this year. It is this Thursday from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm. They'll be food, fun and raffle. The address for those who haven't yet attended a game day is 4701 Auburn Way North, Auburn, WA 98002. Next game day is August 18th.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all sorry for the late post but a reminder this Saturday is the next game day at the office. Please RSVP as is usual by filling out the poll and liking this post. Here's to another great turnout.
Poll: August 18, 2018 Game Day RSVP
How many adults will you be bringing (including yourself)?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
0
0.0% 0
1
50.0% 3
2
50.0% 3
3
0.0% 0
4
0.0% 0
Voters 6
How many children will you be bringing?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
0
83.3% 5
1
0.0% 0
2
16.7% 1
3
0.0% 0
4
0.0% 0
5+
0.0% 0
Voters 6
Did you thumb this post to indicate you voted?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Yes
83.3% 5
No
16.7% 1
Voters 6
This poll is now closed.   6 answers
Poll created by escadia12
Closes: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:00 am
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Maple Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Still starting at 1:00?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes to around 4:30-5 as we have another activity we need to attend.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Next Saturday is our next game day. We are going to get started earlier as we need to leave sooner than usual for another event in the city. Last month we ended naturally around 4:30 and that is when we will need to cut it off this month. As such we are going to be set up and ready to go at 11:00 am. You may of course show up at 1 pm if you wish. Game Day this month is 9/15/2018 11am - 4pm Please RSVP by filling out the poll below and thumbing this post. We've had a great and steady showing recently. We had two game tables going steady the whole time last month. Have a great week and we'll see you next Saturday.

Poll: Sept 15, 2018 RSVP
RSVP by filling out the poll below and thumbs up the post to indicate you've RSVP'd.
How many adults (including you) are coming with you?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
0
0.0% 0
1
66.7% 2
2
33.3% 1
3
0.0% 0
4+
0.0% 0
Voters 3
How many children are coming with you? This is a family friendly game day we can get a table set up for the kids, they can play in the building or we can set up a show or movie on the TV next to the games or the big projector.
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
0
66.7% 2
1
0.0% 0
2
33.3% 1
3
0.0% 0
4+
0.0% 0
Voters 3
Did you Thumb this post to indicate you've RSVP'd? When only a few participate in the poll I send out some emails.
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Yes
66.7% 2
No
33.3% 1
Self-declared rabble-rouser
0.0% 0
Voters 3
This poll is now closed.   3 answers
Poll created by escadia12
Closes: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:00 am
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
On way. Running a little late.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a good small game day. Games played were: New York 1901, The Big Book of Madness and 2 x Sushi Go Party!. Next month usual time and usual place, October 20 1 pm.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Heads Up, next weekend is the next gameday! Saturday October 20th starting at 1 pm until whenever we end. (typically between 4 and 6 pm) Please RSVP by filling out the poll below and thumbing this post to indicate you voted. If this voting is paltry I'll DM a few who haven't thumbed. See you next week, if you have haunted or horror games you are welcome to bring them, but no requirement that we play Halloweenesque games. As usual kid friendly.
Poll: Saturday October 20th RSVP
Answer me these questions three 'ere the other side he see
1. How many adults are you bringing including yourself?
0
1
2
3
4
2. How many children are you bringing?
0
1
2
3
4
5+
3. Did you thumb this post to indicate you did the poll?
Yes (Right. Off you go.)
No (Auuuuuuuugh! You are cast into the Gorge of Eternal Peril)
      5 answers
Poll created by escadia12
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Game day is this Saturday! Starting around 1 pm until 5 pm or so. Sorry for the late post. I'm not doing a poll as there is not enough time but will send out emails to those who have come recently that i can find. Let's have another great game day, see you there.

Address for those who haven't been before:
Live Long & Prosper Chiropractic
4701 Auburn Way North
Auburn, WA 98002

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We have had a few confirmations so game day is on. Some of the best game days we've had this past year have been small groups. Hopefully see some of you tomorrow and for the others Happy Thanksgiving and see you in December.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all next game day is December 15 at 1 pm. Please RSVP by filling out the poll and thumbing it to say you voted. Thanks and see you then!

Poll
1. Adults coming with you including you?
0
1
2
3
4
2. Children coming with you?
0
1
2
3
4
3. Did you thumb the poll?
Yes
No
Thumb?
      4 answers
Poll created by escadia12
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We have 5 adults confirmed so game day is on. If you haven't RSVP'd yet please do so. See you on Saturday!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a good showing last week. Paperback, the Quest for El Dorado and Stockpile were played. Happy holidays and we'll meet up January.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy Christmas Eve everyone.

There was some interest last week in a possible New Years Eve Party/Game Day. This is an option I am willing to do if we get enough interest.

Instead of a poll just reply whether you can come or not and how many people will be coming with you.

Plan: New Years Eve 7 pm - whenever
Everyone is welcome but not required to bring a snack or treat.
We'll have some snacks and drinks (hot chocolate and tea) provided.

Once again please reply by Saturday 12/29/2018 whether you can attend or not.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Eberle
United States
Kent
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I can drop in for a bit--I like to be home before the crazy folks are out on the road. Thank you for opening your business to us for playing games, and I hope it continues to flourish in 2019.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Maple Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
escadia12 wrote:
Happy Christmas Eve everyone.

There was some interest last week in a possible New Years Eve Party/Game Day. This is an option I am willing to do if we get enough interest.

Instead of a poll just reply whether you can come or not and how many people will be coming with you.

Plan: New Years Eve 7 pm - whenever
Everyone is welcome but not required to bring a snack or treat.
We'll have some snacks and drinks (hot chocolate and tea) provided.

Once again please reply by Saturday 12/29/2018 whether you can attend or not.

This is cool, the regular Saturdays always seem to bump up against my northern incursions, I’d be in for a few hours ...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cardshark28800 wrote:
I can drop in for a bit--I like to be home before the crazy folks are out on the road. Thank you for opening your business to us for playing games, and I hope it continues to flourish in 2019.

About what time? We also need a few more for it to work out either way.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Eberle
United States
Kent
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I generally play trivia with my friends from six to seven, so I would drop in after that concludes. Since I'm fairly close I should be there at the very latest by 7:30.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Maple Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I’d be there at 7 and aim for an 11ish stop time.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Pettibone
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
I think I can come. Got a couple of self-christmas presents to play. seems better than just hearing all the midnight explosions.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [7] |