Travis Eberle
United States
Kent
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately I'm going to have to bow out. Between not having coverage for animal care in Covington and a work emergency I don't think I can squeeze in games this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley White
United States
Kent
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've been lurking this thread for a couple months and finally got up the courage to post! I'm hoping the next game day my husband and I can try to attend. We're up in Kent and been on the lookout for local boardgame spots. We're both relatively shy/quiet!

Is there a game supply usually there or is it more bring your own? This is a small, yet growing collection https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/illogicalcat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, and welcome. We are an open group that is kid friendly. We ran from 4-12 people per session, most often 4-6. I always have more than enough to play and encourage others to bring a few as well, though it is not necessary. If you bring something just make sure you are comfortable teaching it to save time. We play a while range of games and I hope you can make it to the next one.

illogicalcat wrote:
I've been lurking this thread for a couple months and finally got up the courage to post! I'm hoping the next game day my husband and I can try to attend. We're up in Kent and been on the lookout for local boardgame spots. We're both relatively shy/quiet!

Is there a game supply usually there or is it more bring your own? This is a small, yet growing collection https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/illogicalcat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Auburn Washington gameday
Hello all,

Next game day is coming up and with that the typical head count. The next one is May 18 at 1 pm. Please RSVP whether you can attend or not. If I don't get a sufficient RSVP's I send out private messages and I'd rather not. One fact I am quite glad about is we have never canceled due to lack of attendance since starting. I Look forward to seeing you all there.

Poll: Head Count for May 18 at 1 pm
1. Including yourself how many adults will be coming with you?
4+
2. How many children will be coming with you?
5+
3. Did you thumb the post to indicate you filled out the RSVP
Yes
Absolutely!
Why would I ever think not to thumb the post?
      8 answers
Poll created by escadia12

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garber
United States
Des Moines
WA
flag msg tools
badge
Introverting Extrovertedly
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to try and make it this month. Hoping to at least get in a couple hours of play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Pettibone
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
Once again I will be out of town this weekend. Play something deep in my name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Neff
United States
Maple Valley
WA
flag msg tools
I have some family from out of town that weekend, see you next month!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Helmer
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
Hey there, I recently moved to Tacoma and have been looking for some gaming groups to join. Having not posted on this thread before, I thought I'd say hello before I suddenly appear tomorrow--I'm looking forward to meeting you all and playing some games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JJulianHelmer wrote:
Hey there, I recently moved to Tacoma and have been looking for some gaming groups to join. Having not posted on this thread before, I thought I'd say hello before I suddenly appear tomorrow--I'm looking forward to meeting you all and playing some games!

Hello. The address is 4701 Auburn Way North, Auburn, WA 98002 and we'll start around 1 pm and most likely end between 5-6 pm. Look forward to meeting you and if you haven't done so, p,ease subscribe to the thread to get future updates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Game Day Auburn, WA June Headcount
Hello all,

Next Saturday (June 15 at 1 pm) is our next gameday and as is usual please fill out the poll to indicate whether you plan to attend or not. Answer the poll and thumb the post to indicate you've RSVP'd. Happy gaming.

Poll: June 15 @ 1pm RSVP
1. Including yourself how many adults will you be bringing?
4+
2. How many children will you be bringing?
4+
      9 answers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you to all who responded to the poll. We had 6 in total and played a spread of games. We tried Villainous with 6 players and learned it dragged on too long with 6 played. After taht it was mostly lighter quicker games this time around including: Circus Flohcati, No Thanks! and Unspeakable Words. A 2 player side game of Escape: The Curse of the Temple also occurred providing a soundtrack for a time. The next gameday is on July 20th at 1 pm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was also talk of playing more epic games that take 3+ hours like Twilight Imperium (Fourth Edition), War of the Ring (Second Edition), Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game among others and we concluded that while there was enough interest it would need to be priorly arranged and preferably a different day of the month. That can be arranged on this thread. I know if it is scheduled I'd be interested in an occasional big experience game.

So while I do not own any games that would fit this description is there any interest in arranging an epic game day?

I know Tim has been wanting to play Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Eberle
United States
Kent
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After this time out I would like to go in the opposite direction and play more games that have just two or three players (four at the most). It would be appreciated if an epic campaign day was apart from our normal operation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garber
United States
Des Moines
WA
flag msg tools
badge
Introverting Extrovertedly
mbmbmbmbmb
Depending on the game and day, I would both be interested and capable of supplying a few longer games to play.

I know in the past I've done similar style events where you get the date settled, nominate ~3 games and those who plan to play vote on which they'd like to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cardshark28800 wrote:
After this time out I would like to go in the opposite direction and play more games that have just two or three players (four at the most). It would be appreciated if an epic campaign day was apart from our normal operation.

I don't want epic games at our normal scheduled event as well. We will continue to have 4+ player counts on occasion based on who shows up and what is elected to play.

The_Fezig wrote:
Depending on the game and day, I would both be interested and capable of supplying a few longer games to play.

I know in the past I've done similar style events where you get the date settled, nominate ~3 games and those who plan to play vote on which they'd like to do.

Sounds fine to me, once enough interest has been expressed here we can proceed. So for those interested let us know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Auburn Washington Game Day July 20
Hello all, our next game day is July 20th at 1 pm and will end sometime between 5 and 7 pm. The address is 4701 Auburn Way North, Auburn, WA 98002. Please fill out the poll below to RSVP and don't forget to thumb the post to indicate you voted in the event we have a low RSVP count.

Poll
Please indicate how many will be coming to game day with you. All are welcome.
1. Adults?
4+
2. Kids?
4+
3. Did you thumb the post so you don't get pm'd at low player counts?
Yes
No
pm me
      8 answers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you to everyone who showed up yesterday. Games played included: Hanabi, Whistle Stop, The Hanging Gardens, Chinatown and That's Pretty Clever. Next month we have a large conference out of town we are attending that is the third weekend. As a group, we decided next month's game day will be on August 3rd the first Saturday of the month. As is usual please RSVP by completing the poll.

Poll: Aug 3rd RSVP and Bonus Question!?
1. Adults?
5+
2. Children?
5+
3. Would you be interested in scheduling a separate longer game (eg Twilight Imperium, Battlestar Galactica, etc...) on a different day in the near future?

If so, please pm me if you are interested and if Aug 30, 31 and/or Sept 27 or 28 would work for you.

Also if you have any epic level games let me know so those interested can vote and choose one.
Yes, pm me
No
4. Have you given the post a thumbs up to indicate you have RSVP'd?
Yes
No
Only a sith deal in absolutes, says the Jedi...
      8 answers

The epic game day need not be at the usual location (it will be available on those days) and can be at whatever time works best for those participating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Shankland

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Think we can make it! Time & place?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KCShankland wrote:
Think we can make it! Time & place?

Look forward to having you there.

Saturday 1pm

Live Long & Prosper Chiropractic LLC
4701 Auburn Way North
Auburn Way North
Auburn, WA 98002

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Pettibone
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
All things being equal, I saw some new maps for Quest for El Dorado, and that game sounds interesting for this week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quest for El Dorado is fine by me I haven't brought it for a few months. I'll make sure it makes it to the office.

darqref wrote:
All things being equal, I saw some new maps for Quest for El Dorado, and that game sounds interesting for this week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Clearbrook
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Hi all,

I'm in FW and getting back into gaming but looks like I missed the Aug game day, hope it went well. Have a decent selection of games and do like the longer "epic" ones as I have TtA and BSG also. I am available Fri Aug 30, maybe 31st and open Sept 27 & 28. I'll vote when next poll comes out then try to make the September monthly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mark,

Welcome! Yeah, this month was different. The summer tends to bring the most variation and we did it on the 1st Saturday instead of the third. September will be the usual day (Sat. Sept. 21). We look forward to meeting you then.

As for an epic gameday there has not been much communicated except that people are interested but that those days do not work. We'll revisit the option next month and look at Oct/Nov.

singlesportster wrote:
Hi all,

I'm in FW and getting back into gaming but looks like I missed the Aug game day, hope it went well. Have a decent selection of games and do like the longer "epic" ones as I have TtA and BSG also. I am available Fri Aug 30, maybe 31st and open Sept 27 & 28. I'll vote when next poll comes out then try to make the September monthly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

Next game day is Saturday, September 21 at 1 pm. As is usual please RSVP using the poll below. We'll end sometime between 5-7 pm. Let's have another great one!

Poll: Gameday RSVP 9/21
How many adults are you RSVPing for?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
20.0% 1
60.0% 3
20.0% 1
0.0% 0
4+
0.0% 0
Voters 5
How many children are you bringing? So we can plan accordingly?
80.0% 4
0.0% 0
20.0% 1
0.0% 0
4+
0.0% 0
Voters 5
Did you thumb the post to indicate you filled out the poll?
Yes
80.0% 4
No
20.0% 1
Voters 5
This poll is now closed.   5 answers
Closes: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:00 am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Auburn Washington Game Day
Last gameday had a small but great turnout. We ended up playing games with "C." We started off with Council of Verona, followed by Catan and ended with Clank! In! Space!. The next gameday is October 19 at 1pm. Please RSVP soon so I don't have to send out emails. There have been a lot of new names popping up on here the last few months and look forward to meeting you all. Don't forget to subscribe to the thread to participate in the discussion. See you then.

Poll
1. How many adults including yourself are you bringing?
4+
2. How many children will be attending? (reminder this is a family-friendly gameday but that has not really been an issue for the last few months and we have things kids can do)
4+
3. Have you subscribed to the thread so I don't have to do as many emails when the RSVP count is low?
Yes
Go to the top of the thread and subscribe now
No, is not available at this time, please choose another option
4. Did you thumbs up the post to indicate you have RSVP'd (I can see who gives a thumbs up)?
Yes
No
"How do I thumb?" Reply in a comment below and we will help. ("How do I reply?" Good luck.)
      4 answers
Closes: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:00 am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [7] |