Popular Tags: [View All]
William Leslie
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a US shipping math trade. To participate you must be able to receive at a US address. If you are shipping from outside the US, you must explicitly disclose this.

DATES
Deadline to submit offers: Sunday, August 13th, 12:30 AM Pacific
Deadline to submit wants: Sunday, August 20th, 12:30 AM Pacific
**Please note the AM deadlines.**

Shipping: Should you not specify any shipping conditions, you bear the full shipping cost to any US address. You may not list any shipping conditions that pertain to the contiguous 48 states. Item's that you'll be sending via USPS flat rate or 1st class ship for the same amount to all 50 states. The less you restrict your shipping, the more potential you have that it will trade. That is all that will be said about the matter. cool

Trade Geeklist: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/228345/august-17-us-math-...
Wishlist: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/228346/august-17-us-m...

MATH TRADE RULES AND GUIDELINES:

OLWLG REQUIRED
1. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for this math trade. (http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/) Please get comfortable with it before the end of the trade. If you have questions, I suggest you post them in the discussion thread (link above). Myself or other users are happy to help you. There are several useful links to help you learn how to use the OLWLG at the bottom of this post.

ITEMS ALLOWED
2. Board and card games, BGG-related items, RPG items, video games, cash equivalent items (gift certificates, PayPal, etc.), and Geek Gold are allowed in this math trade. Cash equivalent items will need to be entered in the marketplace so BGG can collect their 3% commission for sales. Click here for more information on these Guidelines.

ARBITRAGE
3. Absolutely no GC/GG arbitrage, meaning you may not trade any gift card or GG lot for one of greater value. I will allow you to trade GC's for equal or lesser valued GC's. Remember, if you intend to trade for cash equivalents, you must pay BGG a 3% commission. (See Guidelines link in rule #2, above)

***NEW***: You may not both simultaneously buy GG for cash equivalents and sell GG for cash equivalents in the same trade. Meaning if you intend to offer GG and request CE's for those listings, you may not also offer CE's and request GG, or vice versa. You may either be a buyer or seller, but not both during the same trade. This does not apply to any transaction where an actual game is being traded, strictly GG for CE and CE for GG transactions.

ITEM DESCRIPTION
4. You must describe, as accurately as possible, the condition of the components and box, the language, and edition of your item and any sweeteners. You must inventory the game's components and list anything missing and/or damaged. If you do not, the game is expected to be complete, in like-new condition and be the most recent English edition.

5. Add sweeteners by typing the name of the game into the "board game" box of drop down menu so they properly display in the OLWLG.

6. Do not use a item type listing for an item unless you are offering that item, this also applies to listings using hyperlinks in the description. For example, do not list the item as the game if you're only offering certain components for that game. When in doubt, use "outside the scope of BGG" as the main listing.

7. Items may be edited after listing. ***NEW*** This editing MAY include downgrading the initial listing. Should changes to a listing be made, the OLWLG will alert all users who have already selected the item as a want. It is THEIR responsibility to review and accept the changes (or remove the item from their wantlist).

8. If you wish to remove an item for consideration, DELETE the item. The OLWLG handles this just fine (See #9, below). Then, relist the item correctly.

9. Subscribe to any and all items you are interested in, rather than writing down the number. If you write down the number and an item gets removed, the number will change.

PARTICIPANT OBLIGATIONS
10. Please subscribe to all of your listings and publicly acknowledge all questions. The OLWLG will let you know if any of your items have unanswered comments.

11. It is customary to enter all trades into the BGG trading system. This is most easily done if the items you are trading are listed in your collection and are marked as "For Trade". Please endeavor to do so and to leave feedback once the trade is completed. Under most circumstances, positive feedback should be given for the empty half of the math trade.

12. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ENTERING INTO THIS MATH TRADE IS A COMMITMENT TO TRADE THE ITEMS THAT YOU ARE INDICATING YOU ARE WILLING TO TRADE FOR YOUR WANTED ITEMS. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO DOUBLE CHECK DUPLICATE PROTECTION AND CHECK BOXES. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TRADE ONE OF YOUR ITEMS FOR ANOTHER ITEM, DO NOT INCLUDE IT IN YOUR WANTLIST. THE RESULTS, ONCE POSTED, ARE BINDING.

MODERATOR RESPONSIBILITY
13. Only errors by the moderator will invalidate the results. In the case that there is a problem after the results are posted, at most it will only invalidate the affected trade chain(s) and not the entire results set. In addition if the problem can be resolved by the most directly affected party or parties, then that is perfectly acceptable.

14. Decisions to anything that comes up regarding this math trade are decided by me. If you do not agree to me making such decisions, then don't participate in the math trade.

A general note:

While > 99% of the time trades go through smoothly, you are dealing with humans. Humans let other humans down and sometimes take advantage of them. Humans also sometimes make mistakes. If you are not ready to accept this fact, I suggest you refrain from entering this trade.

Please remember, every green check mark in the OLWLG means you are agreeing to make that trade. Once you submit your wants and the window to resubmit closes, you've agreed to those trades, and are expected to honor them, even in the event of a mistake.

I am running this trade because math trades are fun, exciting, and just plain awesome. Most of my collection has come from math trades. I am donating my time both for selfish reasons (to make trades) and out of gratitude to those that moderated the dozens of trades that I have enjoyed participate in. I am under no obligation to make everyone happy, nor will I try. Should you not like me or the way I run this trade, please refrain from entering.

HELPFUL LINKS
Math_Trades - If you're new to math trades, follow this link to learn the ropes.
Math Trades for Dummies - Another good intro.
OLWLG - Read here for help using the On-Line Want List Generator to submit your want list.
Math Trade Video Tutorials - Tutorial videos
Rahdo Runs Through Math Trades video - covers all aspects of math trades

Please post in the discussion thread if you have any questions. Math trades might look a bit complicated at first, but they're really easy once you get the hang of them.

Good luck and happy trading!

TECHNICAL INFORMATION
JeffyJeff's TradeMaximizer version 1.5c
ITERATIONS=50
SEED=20170820
METRIC=users-trading

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Sunday, August 13th, 2017, 12:30 AM PDT
Deadline-Wants: Sunday, August 20th, 2017, 12:30 AM PDT
%End%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Leamons
United States
Scotts Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
Fear The Fin
mbmbmbmbmb
Has this been submitted to OLWLG yet? I don't see it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SJAirshark wrote:
Has this been submitted to OLWLG yet? I don't see it.

It has to be manually approved by JeffyJeff so I'd look for it in the OLWLG in the morning unless he's a nite owl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The text dates at the top say "July", not "August", just FYI. (The options text is correct.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
karl smelser
United States
glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone refer me to a source to learn how to create a bundle of unrelated games? thanks!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Richards
United States
De Pere
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TedMarshall wrote:
The text dates at the top say "July", not "August", just FYI. (The options text is correct.)

Still says July.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
storkace wrote:
TedMarshall wrote:

Still says July.

William is in California, and is also a night owl. I'm sure he will change it after he wakes up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Leslie
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Month updated to August (number dates were correct). I'd expect it should show up in the OLWLG soon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Knack
United States
San Rafael
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kwsmelser wrote:
Can someone refer me to a source to learn how to create a bundle of unrelated games? thanks!!

The simplest way to do it is you reference the listing as "outside the scope of BGG", title it whatever you want (Ex: Small games bundle), then list each game in the description with the relevant geek links.
The OLWLG will pick up on what they are when people go to look at it.

Alternatively if there's a big stand out item in the bundle that you think will grab eyes, create the listing for that one game, and include the others as sweeteners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lamkin
United States
Wheaton
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you do alt names again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scrotos wrote:
How do you do alt names again?

+altname+ Type Your Desired Title Here -altname-

Pro Tip: Add this link to your BGG quickbar...

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG#toc9

EDIT: oh, and I should have added, in case you didn't already know, that altname tags only work with "Outside the scope of BGG" geeklist items or one of the other "Miscellaneous X" items per the instructions in the OLWLG wiki that I posted the link for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emily Jessen
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New trader question I have the entire AH LCG collection, and I'm looking to trade it. Is it better to list the entire thing on the off-chance that I find another collection of a game that I'd like (I understand I'm not trading directly, but this is worth a lot and I won't give it up indirectly for just a single game), or should I maybe list AH LCG base game with the first small expansions, and then list Dunwich separately with its complete mythos packs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Dunn
United States
Sun City
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
emilyellen319 wrote:
New trader question I have the entire AH LCG collection, and I'm looking to trade it. Is it better to list the entire thing on the off-chance that I find another collection of a game that I'd like (I understand I'm not trading directly, but this is worth a lot and I won't give it up indirectly for just a single game), or should I maybe list AH LCG base game with the first small expansions, and then list Dunwich separately with its complete mythos packs?

Were it me, I would bundle at least the Dunwich Legacy cycle with its Mythos packs as one and look for cash equivalents of an acceptable value if you aren't seen any games that catch your eye. There is already one Dunwich legacy collection item in this trade listed that way.

Listing the deluxe box and each mythos pack separately, I'd be afraid one or two of the Mythos packs would go, but no more. Then I'd be stuck with an incomplete cycle waiting for that rare person to come along with just the right hole in their collection matching what I have left.

Even if they all did get snatched up, that would likely be shipping costs to 7 different locations.

Keeping the Core box separate with or without the stand-alones would increase the likelihood of finding a reasonable offer for each of the two bundles, rather than a really high value offer for the whole lot.

Additionally, it seems there would be a larger number of people separately looking to try the game just a bit and others already having the base game who only want the expansion, again increasing the probability of offers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emily Jessen
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks much, Randall! I think that sounds like the best plan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrew pollak
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Newbie math trader question

I'm not seeing the games i posted on Step 4 (i do see the games i desire.) I posted the games using the "add item [boardgame]) from the geeklist; I did not use the add item tool on OLWLG.

Help?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quervo1 wrote:
Newbie math trader question

I'm not seeing the games i posted on Step 4 (i do see the games i desire.) I posted the games using the "add item [boardgame]) from the geeklist; I did not use the add item tool on OLWLG.

Help?

Thanks in advance for any help.

When did you add the games? The moderator has to manually sync OLWLG to the geeklist and that may not have happened if you added them recently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Leitzel
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also the Moderator is a west coast person, and tends to update in the evening, so it is "overnight" for me on the east coast

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrew pollak
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the info, I'll be patient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Knack
United States
San Rafael
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a question:
I keep seeing small games and expansions like X-wing ships or Hanamikoji show up in these shipping trades, which I find odd as the NIS retail price of the game is fairly close if not less expensive than the cost to ship a game in trade for it.
I can only imagine this puts a damper on the number people who would be willing to receive these games in trade.

On the other hand I understand not wanting to trade for a small games/expansions bundle if only one or two of the games included are of interest, either because of not wanting to trade away something more significant for just a small fraction of the total bundle, or just because one's collection is already too big and more clutter is unwanted.

So the question is this: What's the middle ground or best way to list smaller titles such that the most people might be willing to trade for them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
realityfoible wrote:
Here's a question:
I keep seeing small games and expansions like X-wing ships or Hanamikoji show up in these shipping trades, which I find odd as the NIS retail price of the game is fairly close if not less expensive than the cost to ship a game in trade for it.
I can only imagine this puts a damper on the number people who would be willing to receive these games in trade.

On the other hand I understand not wanting to trade for a small games/expansions bundle if only one or two of the games included are of interest, either because of not wanting to trade away something more significant for just a small fraction of the total bundle, or just because one's collection is already too big and more clutter is unwanted.

So the question is this: What's the middle ground or best way to list smaller titles such that the most people might be willing to trade for them?

Little things cost 2.60-4 to ship. Super easy to trade for each other.

Factor shipping into how you value your stuff if you want. Computer takes care of the rest!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Leslie
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
realityfoible wrote:
Here's a question:

This is the downside of shipping math trades. If I have a small box game that only costs $10 or so brand new, it's unlikely to trade when it costs $8 to ship it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
waleslie wrote:
realityfoible wrote:
Here's a question:

This is the downside of shipping math trades. If I have a small box game that only costs $10 or so brand new, it's unlikely to trade when it costs $8 to ship it.

I can't imagine the game that costs ten dollars and weighs over a lb.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
river tam
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I often trade hard to find promos for small box games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John DeHart
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Is there any harm in starting to add my want list before the
entry deadline has passed? If something I add to my wants is
then deleted, will anything bad happen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Feld Fan
United States
flag msg tools
jdehart1 wrote:

Is there any harm in starting to add my want list before the
entry deadline has passed? If something I add to my wants is
then deleted, will anything bad happen?

It doesn't matter when you add things, as long as you review your final choices before you officially submit them for the final time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.