Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mb
On a Saturday, 7 January 2012 Jood started our first chat thread (womens chat ). It has become a safe place and a home away from home for a lot of folks, a place to chat about life and everything. That thread has now reached it's limit of 1000 pages, and therefore we are moving to this new thread. I was asked to start the new thread and also say something about Jood. Those that got to know her, loved her. This thread is for you, my dearly missed friend!

At the beginning of March 2013 a wonderful person passed away. Jood was the heart of Women's Forum, a kind and beautiful soul that is still missed by many. If you wish to read more, please go to Memories Of Jood (1966 - 2013). I miss my conversations with her, both when playing games at Yucata or via e-mails. I miss her positive attitude in the middle of all, she never lost it. I miss her curiousness and innocence about life. I miss growing as a human being with her, through our conversations. I miss her.

jood shine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

was a person who truly appreciated life's little things. She could find joy in the tiniest thing we usually tend to overlook in our busy every day life. She was ill for quite some time yet she managed to always be positive, curious and brought many women together. Many of us had truly lovely conversations with her and formed firm friendship with her. Often times she was like the sun to this forum, which puts a smile on my face when I think about how she put her name down is as Jood Shine. And shine she did, in so many levels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Kahrl
United States
Unionville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, fiddle, I was mid-reply when the old thread locked. Out with the old, in with the new...

I was about to say re: museum walking that it's all the craning, to see over or around the folks who press their noses to the glass. With apologies to the short-sighted or museo-enthusiastic, of course.

Vive la new thread!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
Just do it !
badge
Enjoy Life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Very good preamble for the new thread, Jonna. It made me cry a bit.
I'm more a lurker than a chatter, but I say welcome to everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
laughter is the best medicine
badge
Sunrise ... sunset
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the note about Jood, Jonna. Unfortunately, I arrived after Jood was already gone. It sounds like she was a truely great person. I didn't realize this microbadge mb was for her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Khalil Gibran
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for starting a new thread, Jonna. I wish I could have met Jood. She sounds lovely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Khalil Gibran
mbmbmbmbmb
DiamondSylph wrote:
Well, fiddle, I was mid-reply when the old thread locked. Out with the old, in with the new...

I was about to say re: museum walking that it's all the craning, to see over or around the folks who press their noses to the glass. With apologies to the short-sighted or museo-enthusiastic, of course.

Vive la new thread!

To me, the issue with museum walking is that I walk much, much slower and stop and stand still much longer. It's not my normal gait, so different muscles are being used and/or normal muscles are being differently. My legs and feet almost always hurt after a museum trip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Blachek
United States
charlotte hall
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@dj - hope work has been fun as well as time consuming, and that you get more chances to indulge in some hobbies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caysi McQuillan
United States
Newport
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars" - unknown
mbmbmbmbmb
@laura - great job on your marathon over the weekend. I just wanted to let you know you have inspired me. I have a 5k coming up later this month and i have been less than perfect in preparing for it. I have hope that i will finish it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
New thread! How exciting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the new thread and the lovely introductory post, Jonna. Like others, I wish I could have met Jood. She sounds like someone who would inspire you to be a better person in seeing her grace when handling an impossible situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kimberly
United States
Dallas/Fort Worth area
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What a beautiful opening and tribute to Jood! What a wonderful person she must have been and to stay so positive and to just shine with personality! I wish I could have met her, but will say a prayer for her and know she is in a beautiful place!

I am happy I saw this thread and look forward to what everybody has to say!

Hello from Texas! May today be the start of a wonderful week!

P.S. I had to add, I feel so naked...I don't have an avatar or anything yet! YIKES! lmbo
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kimberly
United States
Dallas/Fort Worth area
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
smellgoodgirl wrote:
P.S. I had to add, I feel so naked...I don't have an avatar or anything yet! YIKES! lmbo

WOW!!! I'm floored, thank you SO much to whoever gave me money for an Avatar! That was so sweet and unexpected.

Now I get to do one of my favorite things...SHOPPING!!!

Again, thank you so much! kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mb
DiamondSylph wrote:
Well, fiddle, I was mid-reply when the old thread locked.

Oops, sorry modest

DiamondSylph wrote:

Luckily there weren't that many people around this time, as it was Monday, I think it was exactly what Rose described: walking slowly and standing still a lot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mb
smellgoodgirl wrote:
smellgoodgirl wrote:

WOW!!! I'm floored, thank you SO much to whoever gave me money for an Avatar! That was so sweet and unexpected.

If you click at the shiny 30.00 you can see next to the thumbs, you can see who gifted the GeekGold, it was our very own

Laura Blachek
United States
charlotte hall
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tally C
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What a touching opening to the new Women's Chat thread, Jonna. Well done. I didn't know Jood, but I wish I had. She sounds like a truly wonderful and inspiring person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kimberly
United States
Dallas/Fort Worth area
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kattvippa wrote:
smellgoodgirl wrote:
smellgoodgirl wrote:

If you click at the shiny 30.00 you can see next to the thumbs, you can see who gifted the GeekGold, it was our very own

Laura Blachek
United States
charlotte hall
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Ah, thank you, I didn't know that. I did receive an email from Laura and have sent her a thank you!

I'm SO excited to see a woman's group thread on BGG. Can't wait to see the thread grow!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
badge
"Compared to You, I'm just a nighlight, against the Blazing Son." --Jimmy Needham
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the new thread, Jonna, and the write-up about Jood! She sounds like a special lady! I just might have to get that pretty microbadge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mb
I wish you all a very happy day!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Blachek
United States
charlotte hall
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
partangel wrote:
@laura - great job on your marathon over the weekend. I just wanted to let you know you have inspired me. I have a 5k coming up later this month and i have been less than perfect in preparing for it. I have hope that i will finish it.
v

Good luck on the 5k. You can do it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Camu Lina
Argentina
Capital Federal
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kattvippa wrote:

Oh! That's so sweet <3. Have a happy day too! <3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mb
camulina wrote:
Kattvippa wrote:

Oh! That's so sweet <3. Have a happy day too! <3

Thank you <3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dj sabor
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Weird to have popped in just in time to see the closure of Women's Chat I! Wild.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonna, thanks for the new thread and the beautiful Jood tribute/info.

I can't believe I never bought the MB!!

<<<Taken care of!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilse
Belgium
Kortenberg
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mostly a lurker over here too, thank you for opening the new chat.

Yesterday my hamster Floor passed away, she was such a joy and will be missed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for your loss, Ilse. Pets are family too and their loss is deeply felt as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [40] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.