Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kimberly
United States
Dallas/Fort Worth area
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A HUGE thank you to CallieMo for helping me get me Avatar saved and working!!! YAY, now I'm not naked anymore...lol! I also learned you get FREE microbadges by doing the contests so check me out!!!

Also thank you to everyone who so generously gave me gg to get my Avatar and purple meeple microbadge!!! Y'all rock!!!

I know I sound like a kid I'm so excited. Does that mean I need to get more of a life OR that it's the little things that make me happy?!?
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caysi McQuillan
United States
Newport
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars" - unknown
mbmbmbmbmb
smellgoodgirl wrote:
A HUGE thank you to CallieMo for helping me get me Avatar saved and working!!! YAY, now I'm not naked anymore...lol! I also learned you get FREE microbadges by doing the contests so check me out!!!

Also thank you to everyone who so generously gave me gg to get my Avatar and purple meeple microbadge!!! Y'all rock!!!

I know I sound like a kid I'm so excited. Does that mean I need to get more of a life OR that it's the little things that make me happy?!?

Microbadges always make me smile! I always get excited when i get a new one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
it's
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
This means play black time!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonna, thank you so much for the new thread. Nice way to get it started again with a lovely tribute. She sounds like a great person, whom I wish I'd known.

Since Monday I'm home from our holiday in northern Norway, Sweden and a little tiny bit of Finland (we crossed the border twice! yay!)... but ever since we got back, I'm experiencing a really bad case of vacation blues.
Never had it this bad. No need to tell you our time there was wonderful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Palmatier
United States
In the middle of nowhere
New York
flag msg tools
Honey + Yeast + Time = Nectar of the Gods
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LynnCh wrote:
Hello, ladies. I'm sorry to barge in with a completely unrelated post, but I've still got 266 subscription notifications. There's no way I can catch up...

The reason for this is good. I'm on vacation with my family and we're loving our time in Scotland so far. Just in case anyone is interested, the BBC do a live stream of the World Pipeband Championship competition on Saturday, featuring the finals of the grade 1 (top) bands and then also the grade 2 bands, later in the afternoon. My son is in a grade 2 band (MacMillan) and they hope to make it to the final round. 12 out of 28 bands will. The qualifying heats don't end until about an hour and a half beforehand, so there will be little advance warning.

In case anyone is interested, here's a link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/profiles/60ZvBr6FlFskPzsCKP5...

In other news:
We've had amazing weather!
This place is beautiful.
I've been getting more confident at driving, even today conquering my great fear--the double mini roundabout.

Best wishes to all. I'll try to catch up soon!

And I'll leave you with a view of Loch Lomond:
I've always wanted to go to Scotland. I was super jealous when my friends went for their honeymoons and we could only afford Oregon. soblue Someday...

Hope you are enjoying it and good luck to your son!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
flaeryn wrote:
I've always wanted to go to Scotland. I was super jealous when my friends went for their honeymoons and we could only afford Oregon. soblue Someday...

Hope you are enjoying it and good luck to your son!
laugh Oregon is great! Our recent trip to Crater Lake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Khalil Gibran
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Scotland, but I think that Crater Lake may still be my favorite place on earth. (Though it's neck-and-neck with Iguassu Falls.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Khalil Gibran
mbmbmbmbmb
Whining warning. Feel free to skip.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Blech.

I had weird/frustrating dreams about trying to drive to a location and getting lost in the same confusing highway split three times in a row. I ended up in a very cute little town that seemed lovely, but it was not my destination. And I couldn't figure out how to leave.

And today I just feel mopey. We're supposed to go to friends to game, but I just don't even care about that. I will go, because this mood is driving me nuts and it will help to be distracted, but ... meh.

Plus I just hurt today, so even though the weather is nice, the thought of going for a walk sounds awful. I want to go for a walk. I know it helps my mind. And it would be fun to try for some Pokemon. But the act of walking is not pleasant right now.

Blech, blech, blech, blech, blech.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynn Chalfoun
United States
Owings Mills
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks for the wishes for my son. He played well and so did the band (mostly) but they did not make the final round (for a particularly disappointing reason.)

Now we'll have a little bit of a chance to discover some more of Scotland and get my son out of Glasgow where he's been for the last week and a half. The news from the US is a bit sobering at the moment. I'm not sure I'm ready to return to 'real life' just yet.

For the record, I love Oregon, too. I haven't been for ages but I remember my family's visit to Crater lake vividly.

EDIT: It turns out the band missed getting in the final round by just 2 places. Disappointing but respectable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Kahrl
United States
Unionville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Working in my home office today (every day is game day in baseball), and distracted by my cat as she recovers from having four teeth removed yesterday. Happily, Kalliope Jane is on the mend, and enjoying watching birds flock to our new feeder when she's not snoozing...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
it's
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anjulka wrote:
Whining warning. Feel free to skip.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Blech.

I had weird/frustrating dreams about trying to drive to a location and getting lost in the same confusing highway split three times in a row. I ended up in a very cute little town that seemed lovely, but it was not my destination. And I couldn't figure out how to leave.

And today I just feel mopey. We're supposed to go to friends to game, but I just don't even care about that. I will go, because this mood is driving me nuts and it will help to be distracted, but ... meh.

Plus I just hurt today, so even though the weather is nice, the thought of going for a walk sounds awful. I want to go for a walk. I know it helps my mind. And it would be fun to try for some Pokemon. But the act of walking is not pleasant right now.

Blech, blech, blech, blech, blech.

That's not whining! This is what we call 'ventilating'.
Sometimes you just need to get it all out, hope it helped!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
it's
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That Crater Lake looks awesome!

This year we were supposed to go to Scotland, but ended up in northern Scandinavia (Lofoten and rest of northern Norway and Sweden) because we both had 3 weeks of holiday in stead of 2. Maybe we'll go to Scotland next year, but Norway sort of stole our hearts... *sigh*

Edit:
To take the edge of my gigantic vacation blues, I got myself a new bike (after saving almost 3 years) and new shoes (since I had to throw away a broken pair while we were on holiday - those shoes wanted to stay. Little did they know that they would be staying in the Norwegian trash...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
it's
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DiamondSylph wrote:
Working in my home office today (every day is game day in baseball), and distracted by my cat as she recovers from having four teeth removed yesterday. Happily, Kalliope Jane is on the mend, and enjoying watching birds flock to our new feeder when she's not snoozing...

Good thing she recovers well. Give her an extra cuddle from me.

Note to self: once we move and get a garden I must get one of those feeders. It's free cat television!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rose - *hugs* Weird dreams put me out of sorts often too. Maybe just spending a little while on the steps in the sun might help chase the feeling away? I hope your tape arrives tomorrow and helps with the walking issues. I was glad to have mine on last night at the farm because the extra support was needed with all the uneven ground.

Christina - *scritches to Kalliope* It amazing how quickly cats bounce back from having teeth removed! And they still eat everything just fine too.

We brought two of the cats to the vet today: Emeril for some blood work that needed to be done before he can start on a kidney medication and TJ because I was pretty sure he was losing weight (despite seeming to eat and act normally overall) and had been retching a lot like he wants to vomit but only brings up a little mucusy fluid. They did Xrays and didn't see anything glaringly obvious on cursory view and did blood work to check white counts, thyroid values and whatnot. We will get the full results on Monday. Hopefully it will be something easy to treat like thyroid or a food sensitivity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
it's
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Callie, I hope the results will be as good as they can be on Monday. Sometimes hard to see whether cats are having actual troubles or not, good you followed your instinct and went to the vet. Maybe you'll just have to adjust his food and good that Emeril can be medicated, I hope he lets you give it to him easily?

Cuddles voor Emeril and TJ!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kimberly
United States
Dallas/Fort Worth area
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rose,

Sorry about the dreams, when I dream weird they always put me in a funk. To get out of it I usually go for a drive by myself and listen to my favorite music. If the mood strikes me I may stop in to a favorite shop or two. Usually by the time I get home I feel a little better.

I hope your gaming with friends turns out to be a lot of fun and brings a smile to your face!

Take care! <3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kimberly
United States
Dallas/Fort Worth area
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DiamondSylph wrote:

Christina,

I hope Kalliope Jane ( I just love that name, she sounds like a princess) is feeling better after having some of her teeth pulled! That sounds really painful, poor baby. Hugs to you both! Kimberly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kimberly
United States
Dallas/Fort Worth area
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Callie,

I hope Emeril and TJ are both doing well after their vet visit. I am thinking about you and them and hope the results on Monday are a non-issue or minor and treatable. I imagine you will be relieved to hear what they are. Kimberly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LynnCh wrote:
Thanks for the wishes for my son. He played well and so did the band (mostly) but they did not make the final round (for a particularly disappointing reason.)

Now we'll have a little bit of a chance to discover some more of Scotland and get my son out of Glasgow where he's been for the last week and a half. The news from the US is a bit sobering at the moment. I'm not sure I'm ready to return to 'real life' just yet.

For the record, I love Oregon, too. I haven't been for ages but I remember my family's visit to Crater lake vividly.

EDIT: It turns out the band missed getting in the final round by just 2 places. Disappointing but respectable.

That's a bummer, Lynn. I hope you all can still enjoy seeing lots of Scotland though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh wow, a new thread. Thanks Jonna for reminding us about Jood. I do wish I had been able to get to know her.

((HUGS)) everyone!

Sarah Jo - SarahCon was indeed a very fun day! Had 7 people total as a few people couldn't come, but it was still great!

My birthday week continues today with going to IHOP with the family. August is big for my family, 4 birthdays and my parent's anniversary.

Rose - I've had disturbing dreams that lasted days with me. yuk Hope your hot water problem will be fixed soon!

I am also very excited because yesterday was our monthly game design meeting. We normally get about 6 people, but we had 15 people show up! The place was so full and we had three games going at all times. I really hope everyone continues to come. I'd really love to grow our group and be able to do bigger events.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kimberly
United States
Dallas/Fort Worth area
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarah! Happy Birthday!!! I LOVE that you are having a birthday week celebration!!! Hope you are being pampered too. Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy Birthday Sarah!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Blachek
United States
charlotte hall
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I should be packing today.... but I made the mistake of listening to the news this morning ( about Charlottesville), and I am feeling pretty depressed. :(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Kahrl
United States
Unionville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hear you, Laura. It's hard not to read, listen, and watch everything associated with the atrocities visited on a city where I have family (they were on vacation, happily enough), and on a campus where I've been invited and honored by the student body. My godparents live just outside town, in Lovingston. Between the president's unwillingness to condemn neo-nazism (!!!), or thinking about Heather Heyer's readiness to challenge it... that could have been my wife, any one of my friends, or even me given the marches or protests we've participated in or organized. It's hard not to get distracted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Palmatier
United States
In the middle of nowhere
New York
flag msg tools
Honey + Yeast + Time = Nectar of the Gods
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What a day. Spent all morning working on a script for a google form spreadsheet. Thought I had it all figured out, and then turns out it did nothing - not sure what the problem there is... Husband keeps calling me with pestering reminders about other things I am supposed to do all day while I'm trying to figure out what went wrong with this code. I make a special tip to the grocery store 30 min away and step in some gum! yuk Great. Now to make dinner and see if I can figure this scripting conundrum out. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@ Laura: It is depressing and sickening. As if there wasn't enough unpreventable suffering - natural disasters, illnesses - nope, we have to add some more, 100% human-made. gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [38] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.