Stephanie Palmatier
United States
In the middle of nowhere
New York
flag msg tools
Honey + Yeast + Time = Nectar of the Gods
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IKR? If it doesn't matter, make more female characters. Sick of people who don't have the problem of being underrepresented telling me it doesn't matter.

I'm kinda in love with this character art, though whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kymmie Meeple
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WOW... I heartheartheartlove that art!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kymmie Meeple
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SO.... I've been doing silly things.

I am going to BGG.
I am selling games on the VFM...

... I had a ton of crap games to sell....

So I did this. I made a Poop Package

POOP PACKAGE

Click the Link.

I am getting such a giggle out of this... it is so DUMB and stupid but I am having so much fun!

It's so sad!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caysi McQuillan
United States
Newport
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars" - unknown
mbmbmbmbmb
1 Family Meeple wrote:

I am going to BGG.

POOP PACKAGE

Click the Link.

I am getting such a giggle out of this... it is so DUMB and stupid but I am having so much fun!

It's so sad!

I think its cute! It made me smile!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica
Sweden
Örebro (at times Strengelbach in Switzerland)
flag msg tools
They are a treasure - I don´t need lots of them...
badge
Yay - Stretch goat!
mbmbmbmbmb
partangel wrote:
1 Family Meeple wrote:

I am going to BGG.

POOP PACKAGE

Click the Link.

It's so sad!

Me too! heart And my son saw it... so now I need to get som Poop for our Christmas tree...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
it's
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
This means play black time!
mbmbmbmbmb
flaeryn wrote:
IKR? If it doesn't matter, make more female characters. Sick of people who don't have the problem of being underrepresented telling me it doesn't matter.

(...)

So true! The few games which have an equal amount of female characters stand out and always get my attention.
Why?
Because it's unusual, that's why.

The artwork is very nice indeed, but I don't think it would be a game for me though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Janna_ wrote:
SilvaShado wrote:
Janna_ wrote:
Sarah, I must say: your Twitter avatar is fantastic! Very well made, recognisable and just awesome!
Great idea to get a chair btw.

Aw, thanks! modest The avatar is from another contest I won. You'll see that version of me as a pharmacist in Dice Hospital. (Ironic part is that I thought I had entered a contest for their previous game, not to be drawn into their new game. surprisewhistle I just hope I'll be able to snag a copy when it hits retail. I couldn't back the KS.)

That is so cool! surprise I found your picture in the Dice Hospital images cool Awesomeness... I understand you're disappointed you couldn't back it on KS!

Yeah, I am still stoked that I got drawn into a game and they gave me permission to use the image as an avatar. I'll just have to hope I can get the actual game later. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
flaeryn wrote:

That is a really cool image!!

Yeah, I've been seeing some really stupid comments about One Deck Dungeon. All from guys who don't have any character that represents them. All I can say to them is "Welcome to our World!" For years, we've never had female characters to choose from. Then we had a token "choice." And now there's one game - ONE GAME - that has all female characters and they lose it! yukshake

I'm pretty happy looking at my collection of games because I've taken to supporting the "indies" so to speak and a lot of them are very conscientious about gender and racial equality. But I still have many many games that only have male characters. So we're far from the point where gender doesn't matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1 Family Meeple wrote:

I am going to BGG.

POOP PACKAGE

Click the Link.

It's so sad!

laugh That is a lot of fun!! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petra
Sweden
Skåne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
busdjur wrote:
partangel wrote:
1 Family Meeple wrote:

I am going to BGG.

POOP PACKAGE

Click the Link.

It's so sad!

Me too! heart And my son saw it... so now I need to get som Poop for our Christmas tree...

Please post a picture of your poop tree! And tell your son that poop in the christmas tree is an awesome idea, if I can talk my partner into getting a tree this year I will totally steal the idea. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica
Sweden
Örebro (at times Strengelbach in Switzerland)
flag msg tools
They are a treasure - I don´t need lots of them...
badge
Yay - Stretch goat!
mbmbmbmbmb
Paedra wrote:
busdjur wrote:
partangel wrote:
1 Family Meeple wrote:

I am going to BGG.

POOP PACKAGE

Click the Link.

It's so sad!

Please post a picture of your poop tree! And tell your son that poop in the christmas tree is an awesome idea, if I can talk my partner into getting a tree this year I will totally steal the idea. laugh

Sure - I just need to find one that is even half as beautiful as Kymmies first...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tally C
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SilvaShado wrote:
Yeah, I've been seeing some really stupid comments about One Deck Dungeon. All from guys who don't have any character that represents them. All I can say to them is "Welcome to our World!" For years, we've never had female characters to choose from. Then we had a token "choice." And now there's one game - ONE GAME - that has all female characters and they lose it! yukshake

It really makes me appreciate the few wonderful, supportive men in my life who are just as happy as me to see all-female casts in board games, or sole lead female protagonists in video games. Without them, I think I would feel exhausted and angry all the time. Sometimes being a lady gamer feels like a full-time job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Khalil Gibran
mbmbmbmbmb
Joose, welcome back!

Amy, HUGS. Dealing with an estate sucks.

Kymmie, it’s been making me kinda nuts trying to remember … what was your previous avatar?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kymmie Meeple
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anjulka wrote:
Joose, welcome back!

Kymmie, it’s been making me kinda nuts trying to remember … what was your previous avatar?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Khalil Gibran
mbmbmbmbmb
So..... Now that I have a little more time, I can explain a bit more what's going on. Last Thursday was actually my last day at my previous job. On Friday I woke up with a huge migraine, which thankfully broke under pharmaceuticals before we flew to Indiana for a friend's wedding and then flew to look for a new apartment before getting back here last night.

Thus part of my immense stress was trying to finish up at my job while still doing analyses and generating figures up to my last day for this major project. And trying to line up apartment appointments.

We found a fantastic apartment, though. I'm nervous about our budget, but I think we'll be able to pull it off, though I really hope that Jenn can get a new job soon, since our savings is going to take a hit until she does. But we will be closer to her family, so that is good. It will be a 20min walk to the subway, but at least there's a bus in case weather is awful or my leg is hurting a lot. And we will have more room for gaming now! The apartment is actually the same size as we currently have, I think, but it's arranged more usefully.

I woke up with a headache again today, unfortunately. I know my blood pressure is still high, and I'm feeling pretty anxious again today. I need to set up movers and we can't quite figure out when exactly we want to move. We want to go back to my mom's house for a week to try to work on it more, so we're trying to decide whether to move before or after.

And, honestly, I'm exhausted. And while I'm taking "time off" before starting again, figuring out movers and moving and flights and sorting through stuff at my mom's is not exactly restful. And being me, I'm second guessing myself on this whole decision, but it still feels right down deep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 Family Meeple wrote:
anjulka wrote:
Joose, welcome back!

Ahhhh, yes, thank you. Now I can create better continuity for you in my brain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kymmie Meeple
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anjulka wrote:
.... but it still feels right down deep.

Congrats on finding a great apartment and the move!
As someone who moved 9 times in the first 10 years of our marriage. I totally understand. Our biggest move was from Seattle to Texas. It was our last move in that 10 years. It was my most stressfull move, too. I second guessed it for the first year, too! I knew it was right for us though. I always had a back-up plan and luckily we never needed it.

"Just enjoy what you can, do what you can and somethings are just out of your control...then we will just adjust to them. Whatever comes up we will get through it" That is my hubby's words not mine...

I am a planner and going off plan stresses me out. I make 101 lists. After 25 years his words are now more natural echo in my head.

I hope everything goes smoothly. Sounds like an exciting new adventure for the both of you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petra
Sweden
Skåne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sending hugs and supportiv thoughts, Rose.
No wonder you're stressed. Don't forget to take care of yourself and just take a day at a time.
The new apartment sounds great though, and I wish you a swift, smooth move.
I still haven't unpacked more than one or two of my moving boxes since moving before the summer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Palmatier
United States
In the middle of nowhere
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anjulka wrote:
So..... Now that I have a little more time, I can explain a bit more what's going on. Last Thursday was actually my last day at my previous job. On Friday I woke up with a huge migraine, which thankfully broke under pharmaceuticals before we flew to Indiana for a friend's wedding and then flew to look for a new apartment before getting back here last night.

Thus part of my immense stress was trying to finish up at my job while still doing analyses and generating figures up to my last day for this major project. And trying to line up apartment appointments.

We found a fantastic apartment, though. I'm nervous about our budget, but I think we'll be able to pull it off, though I really hope that Jenn can get a new job soon, since our savings is going to take a hit until she does. But we will be closer to her family, so that is good. It will be a 20min walk to the subway, but at least there's a bus in case weather is awful or my leg is hurting a lot. And we will have more room for gaming now! The apartment is actually the same size as we currently have, I think, but it's arranged more usefully.

I woke up with a headache again today, unfortunately. I know my blood pressure is still high, and I'm feeling pretty anxious again today. I need to set up movers and we can't quite figure out when exactly we want to move. We want to go back to my mom's house for a week to try to work on it more, so we're trying to decide whether to move before or after.

And, honestly, I'm exhausted. And while I'm taking "time off" before starting again, figuring out movers and moving and flights and sorting through stuff at my mom's is not exactly restful. And being me, I'm second guessing myself on this whole decision, but it still feels right down deep.
That sounds really stressful, Rose, but at least you found a nice place. I'm sure you'll feel very relieved once it's all over. Are you moving very far or is it pretty close to where you are now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kymmie Meeple
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paedra wrote:
No wonder you're stressed. Don't forget to take care of yourself and just take a day at a time.
I still haven't unpacked more than one or two of my moving boxes since moving before the summer.

I still have about 10 boxes stacked along a wall in our bedroom after our move into the new house at the end of December 2016. I just dont know were to put the stuff in them yet.
Doesnt help I have been buying games and not more furniture to store stuff. That being said after a year do I need the stuff in those boxes? I might just go through them again and say goodbye to a lot of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Palmatier
United States
In the middle of nowhere
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paedra wrote:
I still have a lot of stuff in boxes from our move across the country 6 years ago. We don't really have space for everything and I don't remember what is in the boxes in the garage whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petra
Sweden
Skåne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1 Family Meeple wrote:
I still have about 10 boxes stacked along a wall in our bedroom after our move into the new house at the end of December 2016. I just dont know were to put the stuff in them yet.
Doesnt help I have been buying games and not more furniture to store stuff. That being said after a year do I need the stuff in those boxes? I might just go through them again and say goodbye to a lot of it.

flaeryn wrote:
I still have a lot of stuff in boxes from our move across the country 6 years ago. We don't really have space for everything and I don't remember what is in the boxes in the garage whistle

I've been thinking along those lines aswell. Since I moved in with my partner, we have two of everything so I might try to sell some of the furniture. (Or throw away his furniture and keep mine... whistle)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
flaeryn wrote:
That sounds really stressful, Rose, but at least you found a nice place. I'm sure you'll feel very relieved once it's all over. Are you moving very far or is it pretty close to where you are now?

Depends on your definition of near/far? We're moving about a 4-5 hour drive away. So far enough that the move needs to be more organized, but not so much that we need a hotel room to drive there, thankfully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Palmatier
United States
In the middle of nowhere
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anjulka wrote:
flaeryn wrote:

Depends on your definition of near/far? We're moving about a 4-5 hour drive away. So far enough that the move needs to be more organized, but not so much that we need a hotel room to drive there, thankfully.
I mean, to be honest, this is my definition of Near and Far
Quote:
Four wanderers search for the Last Ruin, a city that legends say contains an artifact that will grant the greatest desires of the heart. A lost love, redemption, acceptance, a family rejoined-- these are the fires that fuel the wanderers' journeys, but can they overcome their own greed and inner demons on the way?

In Near and Far, you and up to three friends explore many different maps in a search for the Last Ruin, recruiting adventurers, hunting for treasure, and competing to be the most storied traveler. You must collect food and equipment at town for long journeys to mysterious locales, making sure not to forget enough weapons to fight off bandits, living statues, and rusty robots! Sometimes in your travels you'll run into something unique and one of your friends will read what happens to you from a book of stories, giving you a choice of how to react, creating a new and memorable tale each time you play.

Near and Far is a sequel to Above and Below and includes a book of encounters. This time players read over ten game sessions to reach the end of the story. Each chapter is played on a completely new map with unique art and adventures.

Answer the call of the ruins and begin your journey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was kinda hoping/expecting someone to respond in such a way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  30 , 31 , 32 , 33 , 34  Next »  [37] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.