United States
In the middle of nowhere
New York
flag msg tools
Honey + Yeast + Time = Nectar of the Gods
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anjulka wrote:
I was kinda hoping/expecting someone to respond in such a way.
Well of course, it's only my #1 game right now despite lack of plays whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
xelissa wrote:
It really makes me appreciate the few wonderful, supportive men in my life who are just as happy as me to see all-female casts in board games, or sole lead female protagonists in video games. Without them, I think I would feel exhausted and angry all the time. Sometimes being a lady gamer feels like a full-time job.

As someone who has worked in the video game industry, it is a full-time job. Even on BGG as a female designer it can be rough. Sometimes it is too much on top of everything else. Let's just say this week has been not-so-great in that department. There are times when I wish I could put down my sword and shield, but that would mean changing professions (which I'm sorely tempted to do for my day job, but I'm not giving up being a game designer...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Best of luck with the move Rose! Moving is sooo stressful! I shudder just to think about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dianne N.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Rose, this is a quote I lean on in times like yours, only because it's from over 2000 years ago and beautifully captures the stresses of modern day life:

Since fickle life turns on uncertain perils
Consider each day you struggle through a gain.

I don't know why, but I giggle inside and smile outside when I remember that quote!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tally C
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How exciting and stressful, Rose! Best of luck with the planning and moving. I hope the headaches stop soon, too. I hope this isn't too prying, but are you and Jenn moving to NYC? The mention of bus and subway made me wonder. If so, I'd be thrilled at the opportunity to meet up with you two sometime in the future (provided you're interested, of course)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kimberly
United States
Dallas/Fort Worth area
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rose,

No wonder you are having migraines and high blood pressure...you have a lot on your plate!!!

Just remember you are ONE person and can only do so much. Be sure and take a little time for yourself each day and do something you enjoy! If I have something to look forward to it sometimes helps my stress.

Hope you have a smooth move and taking care of things at your Mom's.

OH, and I meant to say Congratulations on your new apartment! How fun it will be once everything is moved and you can kind of go at your own pace unpacking...except for the necessities!

Wishing you good thoughts! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maria S
United States
Burnsville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rose, Ditto on so much of what was said above! Congrats on your upcoming move and new apartment. It's hard to be able to go through your stuff when staying with someone else. We moved almost a year ago and most of my stuff (I admit that I have too much...) is still in boxes, I should spend less time on here and playing gamesshake but they get me out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
it's
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
This means play black time!
mbmbmbmbmb
Rose, I wish you a lot of luck with the move and your jobs. That it all may be smooth. And I hope you will feel better soon!

I normally like moving actually... Most of all planning the whole thing: where the furniture and stuff should go in the new place, organising the boxes and how to make sure they end up at the right spot. Also carrying the stuff and the move itself: free fitness!
Only moving the cats really gives me stress but of course, I understand, if you have to move for some reason, that can't be fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Khalil Gibran
mbmbmbmbmb
Have I mentioned recently how awesome all of you are? HUGS all around!

xelissa wrote:
How exciting and stressful, Rose! Best of luck with the planning and moving. I hope the headaches stop soon, too. I hope this isn't too prying, but are you and Jenn moving to NYC? The mention of bus and subway made me wonder. If so, I'd be thrilled at the opportunity to meet up with you two sometime in the future (provided you're interested, of course)!

You are correct, Tally. I'm so excited to be moving back. (We lived there for 2 years four years ago.) And, I would love to meet up! Though if my wife joins us, I don't think we'll be able to game since she has serious AP.

Edit: Oh, and Broadway Bites is going on at Greeley Square (34th St - Herald Sq stop) through Nov 10th. There are some *really* good food options there right now. We stopped at Enfes twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Palmatier
United States
In the middle of nowhere
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if I ever get down that way, I should hit you guys up. Seems like I've been traveling more east/west than south lately, though (and my husband hates cities lol)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Khalil Gibran
mbmbmbmbmb
flaeryn wrote:
Well, if I ever get down that way, I should hit you guys up. Seems like I've been traveling more east/west than south lately, though (and my husband hates cities lol)

NYC W&G meetup!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petra
Sweden
Skåne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn, I need to move to NYC it seems. whistle

Yesterday my partner and I was treated to a show by his parents, which combined two of my favourite things; board games and ABBA. (Well, half of ABBA at least)
We went and saw Chess the Musical, at the nice theater in town. It was really good, the singers were very talented and one of my favourite actors played the judge. I haven't listened to the music in Chess before, but I think I'll be adding it to my play list now. It was just a very pleasant evening with my partners parents and his god mother, good food and nice music.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agnieszka
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rose - congratulations on finding a good apartment! I hope the move will go smoothly and without any problems!

No wonder you're having headaches and problems with high blood pressure - take care of yourself HUGS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Palmatier
United States
In the middle of nowhere
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paedra wrote:

Yesterday my partner and I was treated to a show by his parents, which combined two of my favourite things; board games and ABBA. (Well, half of ABBA at least)
We went and saw Chess the Musical, at the nice theater in town. It was really good, the singers were very talented and one of my favourite actors played the judge. I haven't listened to the music in Chess before, but I think I'll be adding it to my play list now. It was just a very pleasant evening with my partners parents and his god mother, good food and nice music.
Nice! I've only seen the concert version on DVD. Be aware that the songs in the different versions changed quite a bit. I had to search around to find the one that had the song "Someone Else's Story," because I like that song

That's cool that you saw one of your favorite actors perform live. I once got to see A Little Night Music with one of my favorites, Bernadette Peters, the first time I went to NYC Man, it's been awhile since I went so see a play or musical live.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petra
Sweden
Skåne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
flaeryn wrote:
Paedra wrote:

Nice! I've only seen the concert version on DVD. Be aware that the songs in the different versions changed quite a bit. I had to search around to find the one that had the song "Someone Else's Story," because I like that song

That's cool that you saw one of your favorite actors perform live. I once got to see A Little Night Music with one of my favorites, Bernadette Peters, the first time I went to NYC Man, it's been awhile since I went so see a play or musical live.

Every time I go to a play or musical I tell myself that I should do it more often, because it's so nice. Oh, and A Little Night Music sounds interesting, I'll have to look it up some more, I think.
As to him being my favourit actor, well when it comes to the people performing localy in things like this. (It's not like Tom Hiddleston entered the stage, haha)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Palmatier
United States
In the middle of nowhere
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paedra wrote:
Oh, and A Little Night Music sounds interesting, I'll have to look it up some more, I think.
It's Sondheim. heart it! It's where Send in the Clowns comes from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
flaeryn wrote:

Bernadette is going to be Dolly in Hello Dolly starting in January. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tally C
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anjulka wrote:
You are correct, Tally. I'm so excited to be moving back. (We lived there for 2 years four years ago.) And, I would love to meet up! Though if my wife joins us, I don't think we'll be able to game since she has serious AP.

Edit: Oh, and Broadway Bites is going on at Greeley Square (34th St - Herald Sq stop) through Nov 10th. There are some *really* good food options there right now. We stopped at Enfes twice.

Oooh, that's exciting indeed! I will now commence clapping my hands together in excitement. laugh Once you move in and things settle down a bit, definitely shoot me a Geekmail! Meeting up for a game or no game is completely fine either way (though we're happy to be patient regarding Jenn's AP meeple).

I will have to make my way over to Broadway Bites and check out Enfes. Since it looks like the event ends today, then maybe today! (I actually work very close to Herald Sq). I've noticed the food faire situation over there before, but I'm honestly not very well-informed regarding restaurants, so I've never tried any of them.

Also, Stephanie, definitely let me know if you end up making it into the city! Anyone in W&G that ends up in NYC for a vacation or whatnot, always feel free to reach out to me via Geekmail if you'd like to try and meet up or need any recommendations for anything =]. I'm happy to help and I always like meeting people in person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Blachek
United States
charlotte hall
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gratz on your move Rose... hope you have an easy time getting resettled in NY.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Palmatier
United States
In the middle of nowhere
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xelissa wrote:
Also, Stephanie, definitely let me know if you end up making it into the city! Anyone in W&G that ends up in NYC for a vacation or whatnot, always feel free to reach out to me via Geekmail if you'd like to try and meet up or need any recommendations for anything =]. I'm happy to help and I always like meeting people in person.
Thanks. We've had less reason to go now that my husband's cousin no longer lives there. Mine still does, but we've missed her each time we went. If there's a play, concert, or some other event is a more likely time I will go, but the last time we opted for Montreal for the concert since it is about the same distance.

We did drive close on the way out of PA last year, but we were hurrying home
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Y'all might have noticed in a couple threads that there is a new microbadge celebrating Caysi (partangel): mb

I will give 8gg reimbursement to the next 5 people who post that they bought (or will buy) that microbadge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
it's
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
This means play black time!
mbmbmbmbmb
anjulka wrote:
Y'all might have noticed in a couple threads that there is a new microbadge celebrating Caysi (partangel): mb

I will give 8gg reimbursement to the next 5 people who post that they bought (or will buy) that microbadge.

That's a no brainer! heart
But you can give the 8gg to someone else, Rose!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica
Sweden
Örebro (at times Strengelbach in Switzerland)
flag msg tools
They are a treasure - I don´t need lots of them...
badge
Yay - Stretch goat!
mbmbmbmbmb
Janna_ wrote:
anjulka wrote:

That's a no brainer! heart
But you can give the 8gg to someone else, Rose!

+ 1 to that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Palmatier
United States
In the middle of nowhere
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bought it laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine!

meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  31 , 32 , 33 , 34 , 35  Next »  [39] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.