Popular Tags: [View All]
it's
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
This means play black time!
mbmbmbmbmb
So, tonight I was supposed to go playing with friends in one of the board game clubs I'm a member of... but the police decided otherwise.
How did that happen, you ask?

My car has to be parked outside the city walls because of the local low emission zone, so I don't drive it often (I live inside the city).
When I got at the place where my car was supposed to be, there was a big container with construction waste.
Long story a bit shorter: tonight's the second time in two months my car is towed away.

But, the part that swung my mood: this time my mobile phone number was behind my car's window.
The cops (or delivery guys of the container) could've just phoned me instead of the towing company.
I'm so disappointed by all of this. And very sad that I missed out on gaming night because I was really looking forward to it.

Thanks for reading my rant. On the positive note: luckily I didn't and won't have to pay to get my car back on both times
(since my car was already parked before any road sign was placed).
But it's so terribly inconvenient and tomorrow I have to go almost 45 mins on a bus to retrieve my car.
Last time I had to make numerous phone calls to the police and town services to prevent any costs,
because they didn't note down my license plate number. So I hope tomorrow will be smoother.

Also, I'll be looking for a better place to put my car and an electronic buzzing device to scare off any towing predators.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Khalil Gibran
mbmbmbmbmb
How frustrating, Janna. HUGS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maria S
United States
Burnsville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anjulka wrote:
How frustrating, Janna. HUGS!

Second thisN. Hope tomorrow goes smoothly for you in getting your car back.

MB bought to show support for friendsthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petra
Sweden
Skåne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Janna_ wrote:
So, tonight I was supposed to go playing with friends in one of the board game clubs I'm a member of... but the police decided otherwise.
How did that happen, you ask?

My car has to be parked outside the city walls because of the local low emission zone, so I don't drive it often (I live inside the city).
When I got at the place where my car was supposed to be, there was a big container with construction waste.
Long story a bit shorter: tonight's the second time in two months my car is towed away.

But, the part that swung my mood: this time my mobile phone number was behind my car's window.
The cops (or delivery guys of the container) could've just phoned me instead of the towing company.
I'm so disappointed by all of this. And very sad that I missed out on gaming night because I was really looking forward to it.

Thanks for reading my rant. On the positive note: luckily I didn't and won't have to pay to get my car back on both times
(since my car was already parked before any road sign was placed).
But it's so terribly inconvenient and tomorrow I have to go almost 45 mins on a bus to retrieve my car.
Last time I had to make numerous phone calls to the police and town services to prevent any costs,
because they didn't note down my license plate number. So I hope tomorrow will be smoother.

Also, I'll be looking for a better place to put my car and an electronic buzzing device to scare off any towing predators.

Ugh, how frustrating! I really feel for you. We have a problem with parking spaces in our neighbourhood, so coming home late always means that they are occupied, and we have to park illegaly. Frustrating since we pay for an annual parking pass but there are seldom free spaces to acctually take advantage of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
it's
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all, makes me feel a little better!

Paedra wrote:
Ugh, how frustrating! I really feel for you. We have a problem with parking spaces in our neighbourhood, so coming home late always means that they are occupied, and we have to park illegaly. Frustrating since we pay for an annual parking pass but there are seldom free spaces to acctually take advantage of it.

I completely understand your frustration. This was the case here where I live, before the Low Emission Zone was set.
After 6PM not a single legal space left!

It just dawned on me today is a bank holiday surprise Oh no oh no oh no.
But I stayed reasonably calm and phoned them.
Anyway, they're opened "for wrongly parked vehicles" ninja *sigh*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tally C
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I'm so sorry to hear that happened, Janna . Having to miss your board game meet-up would be bad enough, but now you have to deal with the logistics of getting your car back. Sending virtual hugs your way!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petra
Sweden
Skåne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Janna_ wrote:
Thanks all, makes me feel a little better!

Paedra wrote:

I completely understand your frustration. This was the case here where I live, before the Low Emission Zone was set.
After 6PM not a single legal space left!

It just dawned on me today is a bank holiday surprise Oh no oh no oh no.
But I stayed reasonably calm and phoned them.
Anyway, they're opened "for wrongly parked vehicles" ninja *sigh*

Hugs! Hope you get your car back swiftly. Such a bother!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Blachek
United States
charlotte hall
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bought and saw Spiderman homecoming yesterday. It was fun. The second post credits scene was the funnies post credits scene ever

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Theoughout the movie the high school plays a number of corny captain america videos for the students. For the final post credits scene, the sceen goes to a blank white background, captain america walks up and says something like: "i am here to talk to you about an important trait for both soldiers and students. patience. Sometimes being patient can lead to great rewards, other times you're left wondering why you waited so patiently for something....soooo...disappointing....how many more of these are there to do again?...."

I found it especially humorous because it was late and i had spent the entire credit roll thinking "come on, i wanna go to bed, why isnt this over yet? Why didnt i start ffwing 20 seconds ago!?"

That said, i dont regret seeing wonderwoman twice in theatres over watching this one in theatres. :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Kahrl
United States
Unionville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to hear about your parking travails, Petra & Janna. To date, perhaps the No. 1 favorite thing for my wife and I about moving to Connecticut has been that we no longer add 15-20 minutes to our travel times home, as we had to in Chicago, because we'd have to hunt for a parking spot within a mile of our city condo.

Against that, there isn't a decent taco in the entire state. We're still not sure the trade was worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
it's
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Today I didn't feel like going outside the house so the car retrieving logistics mission will be tomorrow.
Luckily tonight there's some friends coming over for a game night. We're playing a Near and Far campaign and hopefully I can squeeze in a first play of Unearth...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DiamondSylph wrote:
Against that, there isn't a decent taco in the entire state. We're still not sure the trade was worth it.

If you ever take a ride up to Springfield, MA to maybe check out the Basketball Hall of Fame or even the lovely Christmas lights display in Forest Park, you would be a short distance away from Frontera Grill (no relation to the Rick Bayless restaurant.) I have had lots of great tacos and burritos (and chicken mole and carnitas) there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caysi McQuillan
United States
Newport
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars" - unknown
mbmbmbmbmb
It was early. It was cold. I didn't run as much as i wanted. I felt like i was going to die more than once. My brother (he works security for event) asked if i needed an ambulance (although i think he was joking). My chest cold beat me up. Against all odds, i finished in 46 minutes.

Honor Run 2017. I ran for both my grandpas, my cousin, and my uncle who have all served this country.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Khalil Gibran
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations on finishing, Caysi! I hope you feel better soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tally C
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations on completing your run, Caysi! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Kahrl
United States
Unionville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, Caysi!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
it's
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's awesome, Caysi! wow Congrats! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Blachek
United States
charlotte hall
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Caysi!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Blachek
United States
charlotte hall
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I need to turn in my geek card...

I think part 3 of Starcraft 2 is coming out shortly, so Blizzard provided part 2 free of charge for folks who bought part 1. My husband downloaded it and started a campaign. The game was still running in the background when I went to use the computer just now and I accidentially maximized it, then managed to open up the chat window...

First thoughts: great...I am in a video game chat room, my just-learning-to-read son is watching over my shoulder, and I have no idea how to close the window with all the comments people are typing scrolling past.... oh dear...

:laugh:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petra
Sweden
Skåne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, Caysi! Well done
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maria S
United States
Burnsville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slaybalj wrote:

I think part 3 of Starcraft 2 is coming out shortly, so Blizzard provided part 2 free of charge for folks who bought part 1. My husband downloaded it and started a campaign. The game was still running in the background when I went to use the computer just now and I accidentially maximized it, then managed to open up the chat window...

First thoughts: great...I am in a video game chat room, my just-learning-to-read son is watching over my shoulder, and I have no idea how to close the window with all the comments people are typing scrolling past.... oh dear...

laugh

That would be me (but without the kid). I've maxed the screen and would have had to wait for my roommate to get home to fix it if it hadn't timed out after I got up to do other stuff. But the best was when my cat was a kitten and scrambled across the keyboard hitting a trio of keys that INVERTED the screen image! Thankfully my roommate had a help contract and was able to call in for help (a couple hours later) so we could undo what Roxie had done. Trying to move the cursor when the screen is up side down is like trying to write on your forehead while looking in the mirror.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Blachek
United States
charlotte hall
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blackgold369 wrote:
slaybalj wrote:

:laugh:

That would be me (but without the kid). I've maxed the screen and would have had to wait for my roommate to get home to fix it if it hadn't timed out after I got up to do other stuff. But the best was when my cat was a kitten and scrambled across the keyboard hitting a trio of keys that INVERTED the screen image! Thankfully my roommate had a help contract and was able to call in for help (a couple hours later) so we could undo what Roxie had done. Trying to move the cursor when the screen is up side down is like trying to write on your forehead while looking in the mirror.
k

Hah! Now i want know how to invert the screen image on my computer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
it's
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm loving your kid & cat stories =)
My keyboard once got converted to Querty in stead of Azerty.
Took me a little while to figure out what had happened...

Real funny, cats. Real funny. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kimberly
United States
Dallas/Fort Worth area
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buying my partangel badge now and my Rose badge. Have been so busy lately haven't been on here except to check posts every few days. Makes it hard to keep up with everyone!

• [+] Dice rolls
Kimberly
United States
Dallas/Fort Worth area
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UGH, how frustrating Janna! Hope getting your car back went smoothly for you! Sorry you missed out on your gaming night! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kimberly
United States
Dallas/Fort Worth area
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great job Caysi!!! I'm proud of you, so great that you were able to push on through! Feel better! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  32 , 33 , 34 , 35 , 36  Next »  [38] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.