Subject: Ogrezine on Kickstarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Saxton
United States
Affton
Missouri
flag msg tools
After all, gas can is my middle name. Eh, not really.
mbmbmbmbmb
Starting this morning, Steve Jackson Games has launched a KS Campaign for a new "Ogrezine" .PDF publication due in the Spring.

$3.00 gets you full access, but other levels have more swag.

It funded in under an hour, and looks to break all the minimal Stretch Goals within 24 hours.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/847271320/ogrezine-the-...

Jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

The loyalty and support of Ogre fans is always deeply appreciated! This is going to be a really fun project over the next 6 months or so! What a way to celebrate the 40th Anniversary. Thank you everyone; you are the greatest!

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wish my budget allowed for the sway, Ogre 6th and reinforcements. Well of course who would say no to minis?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Saxton
United States
Affton
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because shipping those physical items to foreign countries is incredibly expensive, so SJG isn't offering it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Saxton
United States
Affton
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They have noted that all the physical items being offered are now, or will soon be, available at regular retail stores, so grab them there, rather than directly via KS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bits2Bytes wrote:
Mack_me_Bucko wrote:
Because shipping those physical items to foreign countries is incredibly expensive, so SJG isn't offering it.

Completely understand.

Be that as it may I have seen other Kickstarter Campaigns where they charge for shipping so the company doesn't incur the cost. This can't be done in this case?

SJG uses only USPS for shipping and USPS international rates are exorbitant. i once had to pay 50 cents per playing card shipping costs for some replacement cards from the States.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

The Writer's Guidelines for Ogrezine have been posted and may be found here:
http://www.sjgames.com/ogre/products/ogrezine/writing.html

Please read them over, make sure your work fits, and then send in your articles. It's time to get to work!

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Only 18 hours to go! If you haven't pledged, please consider doing so. I want to see us hit 1000 backers! Remember, after tomorrow Ogrezine will cost $9 on W23.

And for those of you that have already reached out with ideas and articles, thank you! I will be getting back to all of you in the near future. If you haven't sent in anything, but are thinking of doing so, please read the Writer's Guidelines and then let me know.

Ogrezine. Wow!

D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wolf90 wrote:
Only 18 hours to go! If you haven't pledged, please consider doing so. I want to see us hit 1000 backers! Remember, after tomorrow Ogrezine will cost $9 on W23.

i guess it's too late in the campaign to add a "PDF subscription" pledge. At $9 per issue, i'm extremely unlikely to buy any after the first one (which i get for $3) :/.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Although it is not scheduled as such currently, I'd like to see this as an annual release. And with the success of this KS, I'm hoping we do this again next year! We shall see . . .

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.