GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,748 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
245 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] | 

Twilight Imperium (Third Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Fourth Edition happening. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Douglas Ladd
msg tools
Was checking to see if AH LCG had a release update and this showed up. OOPS!!!! It's fixed now, but it was there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
3D board game prints: www.3dhubs.com/service/3dgaming
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure hope not.
Already invested time and money into third and will not be changing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Reisinger
msg tools
mbmb
Use TI3 mapping mechanic, with AGoT order and combat system ( same as Forbidden Stars? ), and retheme it for Star Wars.. Im all in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All I can see is "Imperium" centered on the screen. It could be a new game in the universe like an LCG or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Ladd
msg tools
Look closer. Under title says "fourth edition"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B. West
United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bonneau
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

In all seriousness if they just make it a full game with all the expansions and errata in it, and it fits in one box, I will throw down my life savings!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Clark
Scotland
Aberdeen
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok this looks to good to be a fake, if you have taken the time to make this up so close to gencon then 'f&ck you and the horse you rode in on' however I think this looks good the art-work is nothing I can recognise from any past editions so unless you have take extreme measures to create a hoax then I am going to say looks like FFG have had a little IT issue and someone is going to get fired for blowing the big gencon announcement.

So props for the quick thinking/screen dump.

OH and FFG - TAKE MY MONEY!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll believe it when I see it from FFG. Even a screw up of a few min should have a couple of sightings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N_O_ Y_B
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
I was thinking about buying 3rd edition about six months ago and decided that I had plenty of games to play for the time being and they were sure to release a new edition soon. I'm now glad I waited. :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Ladd
msg tools
I'm not a "fan" of this game,I don't really care if there is a new one. It would be a weird fake to make, for what purpose?

Just thought I'd share my accidental surprise since I know so many people love this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Gustafson
Canada
Mississauga
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Star Wars retheme would be horrific. Star Wars is all about duality. I like the TI3 universe. Not everything needs to be Star Wars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Grey
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
Failed 2 of 3 attempts
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you just assume a 4th Edition?

Dear God my hopes are now officially in the up position. Despite all that I have invested in TI3, I would buy this in a heartbeat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Cockrell
United States
Sault Ste. Marie
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Must stay calm.... must stay calm.... AHHHHHHH!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Shunta
United States
Norton Shores
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This makes me so sad I'm not going to Gen Con

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is entirely likely. Artwork in background seems new, though I'd have thought they give a visual update to the logo.

Id really hope for Forbidden Stars to have a strong influence in the new edition. But at the same time I don't think it's going to be anything close to the epicness of 3rd edition in scope and size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trásy Zsolt
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me share with you another screenshot from the hungarian boardgame Facebook group. (I don't put the image here, becouse it's not mine.)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/406018716210716/permalink/12...

I think the hype is real. I'm so ready for this. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Grey
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
Failed 2 of 3 attempts
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Contrast fixed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I wonder if it's related to what Man Vs Meeple will be showing off this Wednesday. They said they had an unannounced game which they will be covering that will be "HUGE". Seems like FFG is certainly preparing their website for the announce at this point, so not too much longer!

MvM segment talking about the new game announcement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tKfTbnTFUE&t=31m51s

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finn
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Iced_Eagle wrote:
I wonder if it's related to what Man Vs Meeple will be showing off this Wednesday. They said they had an unannounced game which they will be covering that will be "HUGE". Seems like FFG is certainly preparing their website for the announce at this point, so not too much longer!

MvM segment talking about the new game announcement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tKfTbnTFUE&t=31m51s

Looks like it could be that! It might also be a different game though, didn't FFG announce Fallout after that video?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
IrishCyborg wrote:
Iced_Eagle wrote:

Looks like it could be that! It might also be a different game though, didn't FFG announce Fallout after that video?

It could be anything, so it's pure wild speculation!

They said 14 hours ago in the youtube comments that they believe we won't know about this until next Wednesday at Noon (I'm assuming Eastern time). I'd assume if it was Fallout, which was announced when they made that comment, that they would have said so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neither Man vs Meeple nor GameBoyGeek seem like the kind that would hype up Twilight-Imperium kind-of epic. Both would, however, be hyped for Fallout.

In either case, both would be good candidates in general. I am glad that Fantasy Flight keeps up their pre-Gen-Con announcement hype though, even as they are now under Asmodee. Great to see Asmodee keep supporting the 'brand'.

It would surprise me if Fourth Edition is not a heavily gutted version though. I don't think we'll see an epic in the scope of 3rd Edition ever again (which likely will keep this in my collection).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finn
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Time for some speculation!

Theory #1: It's a Forbidden Stars re-theme. I hope this is not true, but it's a possibility what with FFG splitting from Games Workshop.

Theory #2: It's an streamlined Twilight Imperium for 2-5 players. My reason for only 5 is that the Sardaak N'orr aren't in that picture, and the pictures not rectangular, it's more square. Again, I hope not, because I want all the races!

Just my 2 theoretical cents!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen The_Geek
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmb
I don't think that this will be a forbidden stars retheme. They would call it something different, like they did with Rex:Final Days of an Empire. The mechanics are too different.

I think this will be TI3 with a lot of streamlining, including better minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frans Sugeng
Sweden
Upplands Vasby
Stockholm
flag msg tools
This made my blood start flowing... But i have a Hard time seeing what can be improved from the 3rd edition!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.