Subject: Panama City, FL - game stores? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: florida [+] flgs [+] [View All]
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A friend is moving to Panama City and I was helping him find any gaming stores (board, ccg, rpgs, etc) in the area. Are there any?

Thanks.

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/120302 ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
BaSL wrote:
Thanks but I did not see anything listed for Panama City.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1357184

As you can see, I tried asking this in February and got nothing. I looked all around City and City Beach with no luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Shaw
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very Late to reply, but for those who are doing searches for Gamestores in Panama City, I decided I didn't like the answer of "none" and so since I was already down there on business recently, went ahead and did another search.

I found two stores that carried boardgames. Both of them Comic stores. I found them within hours of getting to Panama City.

The first was Comics Emporium off of Hwy 231. It's around 7 or 8 blocks from the Mall on the Left hand side if going North ( and righthand side if going south) on the same side that the Mall is on.

They have a small selection, and the owner said he can get anything (I think he meant most things new) for boardgames within two days.

On his shelf he had multiple versions of Munckin and Killer Bunnies.

He also had the Vampirerince of the City, Descent, World of Warcraft the Adventure game, Axis and Alliesacific, Starfarers of Catan, and I think another Catan game (edit: he also had Wings of War). Not a terrific selection, but better than nothing.

I also found one other Called Arena Comics. The shop owner was much easier to talk to, but their game selection was MUCH smaller. They only had World of Warcraft the Board Game along with it's Expansion (The burning Crusade) on the shelf. They are just starting up. They still have a Coffee Cafe sign over their shop. They are located a few blocks down on West 15th. The shop owner also said he could get anything within around two days, and said they're supplier is Diamond. I asked specifically about FFG, Mayfair, DoW and Asmodee in order to find how broad their order selection could be.

I'll also post this in the other Panama City thread, but just thought I could correct some of this and say it seems there may be a small group of stores in Panama City FL that have games. I found these in a few hours, so there may actually be more. My time was short there, but I did find a few.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Garmon
United States
Panama City
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I thought I'd just throw in here since the last update was 6 years ago.

The two listed just above are still here and going. Arena comics is located at the corner of Lisenby and Hwy. 98 and has expanded their gaming selection by quite a bit, and in fact just renovated one wall to better accommodate games. They sell at list, which either can be great (I bought a copy of Dead of Winter there for list) or bad (they won't budge even for games you can find for 20% cheaper online). They also still have that terrible coffee cafe sign, lol.

Comic Emporium has been around forever and the owner, Greg, is a super nice guy who will order anything you need.

There is room at either location to play, but I'd probably give Comic Emporium the edge for atmosphere. Both shops are much more slanted towards Magic than anything else.

Also, there is a local Meetup group that plays about every other Saturday at "The Place" located on Harrison. We organize via the Meetup app.

Also, the books a million has a surprisingly good board game section, particularly with the new-hotness that's out there (it's also right next to Toys R Us is you're looking for really mainstream games). The thrift scene is pretty scarce, but I'm hoping for my own selfish reasons that I see that change. On the beach, there really isn't anything until you get over towards Destin/Ft. Walton.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls