Recommend
23 
 Thumb up
 Hide
328 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [14] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Essen SPIEL 2017 no shipping math trade discussion thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the discussion thread for the no shipping math trade for visitors of the Internationale Spieltage SPIEL'17 (26.10.2017 - 29.10.2017) in Essen.

Please use this thread for all non item-specific discussions as well as for general questions, suggestions, comments and chit-chat.

The trade list including all the rules can be found here:
Essen SPIEL 2017 no shipping math trade

There is a request list where you can add games that you would like to see offered in this trade:
Essen SPIEL 2017 no shipping math trade request list

If you don't want to keep up with this discussion thread, please subscribe to the announcement thread in order not to miss any important information:
Essen SPIEL 2017 no shipping math trade announcement thread


Quick overview for returning traders:

- What changed compared to last year?
Nothing except the dates.

- Will there be a leftovers trade again?
Currently I'd say no. However, if the main trade runs smoothly and I have the time - maybe.

9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Stürmer
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Benjamin.

My 2nd most awaited Essen List. Finally.


2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louisa Berry
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello peeps
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guro Bjerkan
Norway
FLAKTVEIT
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
First time Essen-goer
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandra Dageroth
Germany
Steinhagen
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone! Can't wait to see all your signs again this year at the MT meetup!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yorick Heijink
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so glad I exchanged phone numbers for my trades last year. Finding people in that mess was quite a challenge... Highly recommended!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I had all my trades at booths. That was so easy (especially the one at Stronghold as I had all my stuff there in the back of the booth. Not needing a fixed time was also easy as it allowed more freedom to both sides.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome and welcome back everyone!

I just sent out a last bunch of GeekMail notifications so my setup seems completed. Some of you will probably have gotten a dozen notifications by now - in this case it's safe to unsubscribe from a few of the threads ;)

I'll try to sync OLWLG every other day in the beginning and more often as we are getting closer to the want list phase.

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cuazzel wrote:
Welcome and welcome back everyone!

I just sent out a last bunch of GeekMail notifications so my setup seems completed. Some of you will probably have gotten a dozen notifications by now - in this case it's safe to unsubscribe from a few of the threads

I'll try to sync OLWLG every other day in the beginning and more often as we are getting closer to the want list phase.



I think it's fine as those threads activate only once a year!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real Giant Kumquat
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cuazzel wrote:
Welcome and welcome back everyone!

I just sent out a last bunch of GeekMail notifications so my setup seems completed. Some of you will probably have gotten a dozen notifications by now - in this case it's safe to unsubscribe from a few of the threads

I'll try to sync OLWLG every other day in the beginning and more often as we are getting closer to the want list phase.



Hey Benjamin, don't you want to post an announcement in the Essen forum, too? I'm sure newcomers would appreciate.

Also, thanks for organizing this again!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arrrrr'lex
Germany
Geestland
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if it was the folks coming from this trade, but there was a large crowd of traders in front of the main entrance last year, which really added to the shuffling an bumping to get in the hall. If it was "you", please consider another meeting point, away from any of the entrances. Thank you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Giant_Kumquat wrote:
Hey Benjamin, don't you want to post an announcement in the Essen forum, too? I'm sure newcomers would appreciate.

I'm not allowed to promote trades outside of the trade sections on BGG. Got in trouble for doing so a few years back, so newbies will have to find it on their own.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Alex40K wrote:
I don't know if it was the folks coming from this trade, but there was a large crowd of traders in front of the main entrance last year, which really added to the shuffling an bumping to get in the hall. If it was "you", please consider another meeting point, away from any of the entrances. Thank you. :)

We're not in control of the meeting point anymore. The meeting point is where Messe Essen and Friedhelm Merz Verlag tell us to meet - which currently is exactly this location. The deal is that our trade is tolerated as long as we meet where they tell us to.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arrrrr'lex
Germany
Geestland
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cuazzel wrote:
Alex40K wrote:
I don't know if it was the folks coming from this trade, but there was a large crowd of traders in front of the main entrance last year, which really added to the shuffling an bumping to get in the hall. If it was "you", please consider another meeting point, away from any of the entrances. Thank you. :)

We're not in control of the meeting point anymore. The meeting point is where Messe Essen and Friedhelm Merz Verlag tell us to meet - which currently is exactly this location. The deal is that our trade is tolerated as long as we meet where they tell us to.


Okay, thank you for the info!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Alex40K wrote:
cuazzel wrote:
We're not in control of the meeting point anymore. The meeting point is where Messe Essen and Friedhelm Merz Verlag tell us to meet - which currently is exactly this location. The deal is that our trade is tolerated as long as we meet where they tell us to.

Okay, thank you for the info!

I addition to the above: When I spoke with them on Sunday last year they seemed satisfied* with the current place. My impression was the same as yours: The trade and auction crowd did occasionally block the entrance west a bit towards the outside stairs. On the other hand, of course, the big rush had been over for hours.

I'll get in touch with them again soon and check. They said they would notify me before August but I guess despite being noticed, we're still not that high on their to-do-list :)

*The weird thing is that Merz Verlag had expected the crowd to squeeze more into the gallery that runs along the outside of hall 3 - an expectation that never stops to puzzle me. It's like they have never seen the behavior of a crowd before which is weird considering they run an annual convention with >160.000 visitors. When a crowd of people has the choice between squeezing into a narrow hallway and spreading out on an adjacent open space - what did they think would happen?

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arno van der Kwast
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cuazzel wrote:
[q="Alex40K"][q="cuazzel"]... When a crowd of people has the choice between squeezing into a narrow hallway and spreading out on an adjacent open space - what did they think would happen?
Maybe if it rains all the time? cry
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Hodge
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Well, it's no Ginkgopolis...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems this math trade will be complete about a month before the con- will there be a left overs math trade?

:)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Lunte
Germany
Garrel
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
punkin312 wrote:
It seems this math trade will be complete about a month before the con- will there be a left overs math trade?

:)


cuazzel wrote:
- Will there be a leftovers trade again?
Currently I'd say no. However, if the main trade runs smoothly and I have the time - maybe.
2 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Hodge
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Well, it's no Ginkgopolis...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tobl wrote:
punkin312 wrote:
It seems this math trade will be complete about a month before the con- will there be a left overs math trade?

:)


cuazzel wrote:
- Will there be a leftovers trade again?
Currently I'd say no. However, if the main trade runs smoothly and I have the time - maybe.


Sorry I missed that, thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gufotriste
Italy
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks ben,
Another year partecipating at the best MATH TRADE in the world!!!!
Very very thanks!!!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian H
Germany
Duesseldorf
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once again, thanks so much for organizing this! I'm not sure yet whether I'm able to participate this year, but it's been great fun in the past. I tend to get more games from the math trade than from the booths.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E1 Prime
Belgium
Deurne
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
When does the OLWLG usually update?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Lunte
Germany
Garrel
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
E1lem wrote:
When does the OLWLG usually update?


Whenever Benjamin tells it to.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tobl wrote:
E1lem wrote:
When does the OLWLG usually update?


Whenever Benjamin tells it to.

Which is every 2 days until the weekend when he will do more frequent updates
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Locu wrote:
Tobl wrote:
E1lem wrote:
When does the OLWLG usually update?

Whenever Benjamin tells it to.

Which is every 2 days until the weekend when he will do more frequent updates

I'm currently in Romania so it might be less regular then usual but I try to do it every other day at least.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [14] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.