Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is it correct, that a disabled unit will remain disabled for the complete next turn? Which means, that actually it will be disabled for two movement/fire phases, as the Ogre always goes first?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A unit is disabled for one of its own turns. So...

Ogre shoots and disables a unit.
Other player goes. The unit is disabled.
Ogre goes again - that unit is still disabled.
Other player goes, and the unit recovers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Henry
United States
Canton
NY
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
A unit is disabled for one of its own turns. So...

Ogre shoots and disables a unit.
Other player goes. The unit is disabled.
Ogre goes again - that unit is still disabled.
Other player goes, and the unit recovers.

Yes! What we do is we place a token on the disabled unit when it's flipped to the disabled side. Then the ogre player at the start of every turn removes all the tokens from the board. Then the other player may recover all the disabled units without tokens on them during his turn as usual.

It honestly rarely happens that there's more than a couple at a time on the board but I play with my kids a lot and it saves arguments to have the tokens there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I usually remember it by thinking "I have one more combat round to finish that thing off."

Usually it's only a couple of units, but in large games or with kids a memory aid can be useful. We usually just rotate the counters differently to separate the newly-disabled from the about-to-recover. The overlap is pretty short in duration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.