Popular Tags: [View All]
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've participated in one of the official Ogre tournaments at GenCon where they had a fixed setup for the defenders. I've tried to find it online to use for teaching games, but can't find it.
Does anybody here by any chance have a link they could send me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Rock

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
I've participated in one of the official Ogre tournaments at GenCon where they had a fixed setup for the defenders. I've tried to find it online to use for teaching games, but can't find it.

I would assume it's the same setup used for the "Learn to Play Ogre" sessions, which is the Mark III Basic setup in the rules (you can see a picture of it in the O6e rulebook on page 3).

There's a similar picture in the ODE Rulebook on page 4, but there's a minor goof where it shows a MHWZ instead of a HWZ in the picture. Not _technically_ incorrect, since the MHWZ is available in ODE, but not a unit that was available in the "core units."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
granitepenguin wrote:
Ze_German_Guy wrote:

I would assume it's the same setup used for the "Learn to Play Ogre" sessions, which is the Mark III Basic setup in the rules (you can see a picture of it in the O6e rulebook on page 3).

There's a similar picture in the ODE Rulebook on page 4, but there's a minor goof where it shows a MHWZ instead of a HWZ in the picture. Not _technically_ incorrect, since the MHWZ is available in ODE, but not a unit that was available in the "core units."
It seems the 6e rules are only available for download with a SJG forum account, so I'll have to wait until I get home to my copy to check if that is the one.

The picture in the ODE is similar, but not it. The setup used in the tournament used 2 each of howitzers, heavy tanks, and missile tanks instead of 1/3/3. Infantry was also deployed quite a bit differently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Rock

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:

The picture in the ODE is similar, but not it. The setup used in the tournament used 2 each of howitzers, heavy tanks, and missile tanks instead of 1/3/3. Infantry was also deployed quite a bit differently.

Interesting.

For teaching, I still recommend the default setup for the Mark III basic game. I'll check with the other MIBs that were running the tournaments to see if I can find out what they were using.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
granitepenguin wrote:
Ze_German_Guy wrote:

Interesting.

For teaching, I still recommend the default setup for the Mark III basic game. I'll check with the other MIBs that were running the tournaments to see if I can find out what they were using.
The package was 2 pages and included rules for scoring VP if the game ran too long (one point per strength value/tread not destroyed, with options for correcting for the fact that Paneuro starts with a few points more)
I was told by the person running it that it had been used at previous tournaments and was considered quite balanced which is why I was hoping to use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Rock

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
The package was 2 pages and included rules for scoring VP if the game ran too long (one point per strength value/tread not destroyed, with options for correcting for the fact that Paneuro starts with a few points more)
I was told by the person running it that it had been used at previous tournaments and was considered quite balanced which is why I was hoping to use it.

Sounds cool. Too bad I didn't get to go this year, It sounds like something useful for some FLGS tournaments I've been thinking about. Hopefully I'll be able to dig it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:

Interesting. I'm doing some digging; I will get back to you!

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.