Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Berry
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Hello CCA fans!

You may be familiar with me as the guy that sells the Commands and Colors: Napoleonics dice on eBay/Amazon (danberry26).

I've been selling those dice for years to hundreds of happy customers, but over that time I have had dozens of requests for similar (custom) dice for the Ancients version.

I'm considering getting a batch made to sell initially on Kickstarter (to raise enough to cover at least a portion of the cost to have them made), and eventually I'll be selling them on eBay too.

I wanted to see if enough people would be interested in them.

Right now I'm working with a few manufacturers to get samples of their quality and prices. I'm hoping to get 16mm black acrylic dice (rounded corners) with the symbols engraved and colored. However, depending on the price the symbols may have to be printed instead of engraved.

Could you guys help me out and fill out the poll below? I'll keep you all updated on the process if there is enough interest!

UPDATE: It's now live on Kickstarter! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1817376224/commands-and...

Poll
1. Would you be interested in purchasing custom CCA dice?
Yes
No
2. If yes, what is the highest amount (USD) you would you be willing to pay (including shipping) for acrylic/resin dice with engraved and painted symbols?
$12
$15
$20
$25
$30
3. If yes to Question 1, what is the highest amount (USD) you would you be willing to pay (including shipping) for acrylic/resin dice with painted symbols (not engraved/etched)?
$10
$12
$15
$20
$25
$30
      118 answers
Poll created by CCdiceGuy

Update: Thanks for your responses to date! For clarity, I will be offering sets of 8 (7 dice plus 1 space), and offering two set (16) packages as well.

Pricing will depend on material, but as I mentioned I am going to try and keep it around $15-18 INCLUDING SHIPPING, and around $30 for two sets.

Poll
If you had the choice of dice material, which would you prefer?
Plastic (Acrylic/Resin)
Wood (etched, Valley Games style)
      38 answers
Poll created by CCdiceGuy

Final Update: Thanks to your support I'm happy to announce that the Kickstarter was a huge success!

For anyone interested in purchasing these dice, please check out my listing on eBay. Here is the current url, if this doesn't work in the future just search CCA Dice on eBay and they should show up... if not just message me!

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/323396701260
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I wouldn't be interested unless they were engraved, as I don't think printed ones would be enough of an upgrade over the standard dice.

How many would you actually be selling for that price? One of the nice features of owning several expansions is that I have 15 or so dice, which allows each player to keep enough dice on his side of the table not to have to pass them back and forth while playing, which is nice, and something I'd want to replicate with any new dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Takai
Switzerland
Thun
Switzerland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Number of dice information missing in the poll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since he's talking about a CC:A set of dice, it's probably a good assumption that we are talking about 7 dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd want a 2 set option... maybe 12-14 dice

Any chance to do dice for all the other C&C games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of years ago Valley Games sold wooden CCA dice. I've played a lot since and the paint is fading. I'd love to buy new ones, but not plastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Takai
Switzerland
Thun
Switzerland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
claudermilk wrote:
Since he's talking about a CC:A set of dice, it's probably a good assumption that we are talking about 7 dice.

Maybe, maybe not, I'd like to know for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Takai
Switzerland
Thun
Switzerland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These are very good, I own quite a few from this company, and it also gives an indication as per cost:

http://asl-battleschool.blogspot.ch/p/battlebones.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Stosser
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I won't pay $25 for seven dice like Battlebones offers.

The Valley Games wooden ones were great. Yes, the colors would wear off but I restored them with colored Sharpie pens. On my friend's set I painted on Future acrylic floor wax and here was no degradation.

In fact I coated the faces of the original GMT dice with Future and there was no wear.

Still would like to see some quality dice included in these games. The RPG/Euro games have all kinds of special dice and trinkets for about the same price point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Osnabrück
flag msg tools
                                                             oooo                             ooo                             o    o                                      o     
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
takai wrote:
These are very good, I own quite a few from this company, and it also gives an indication as per cost:

http://asl-battleschool.blogspot.ch/p/battlebones.html

Those are not for me. Besides the high price, citing from that page:
"All this is to say that if you are looking for a hard-wearing set of dice, precision dice may not be ideal for your purposes."

(I don't use a dice tray)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Berry
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Hi, thanks for your feedback. This would be for sets of 8 (7 plus a spare), and the Kickstarter will be offering packs of two sets (16 dice) as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Berry
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
StevenE wrote:
I'd want a 2 set option... maybe 12-14 dice

Any chance to do dice for all the other C&C games?

There will be a 2 set option (16 dice [2 spares included]).

I will look into the other games next, but for now I do know that the new 'Commands & Colors Tricorne - The American Revolution' will use the same dice as Napoleonics (which I already sell), so that's easy for everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio
Italy
Scandiano
RE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CCdiceGuy wrote:

I will look into the other games next, but for now I do know that the new 'Commands & Colors Tricorne - The American Revolution' will use the same dice as Napoleonics (which I already sell), so that's easy for everyone!

I'm afraid it doesn't. C&C:T has two flags on the die and a single infantry symbol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Berry
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
g1ul10 wrote:
CCdiceGuy wrote:

I'm afraid it doesn't. C&C:T has two flags on the die and a single infantry symbol.

Damn. I stand corrected! whistle

Well if there is enough demand perhaps I'll look into making those ones too or perhaps see if I can add it on to an existing order...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Berry
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
The project is now live on Kickstarter!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1817376224/commands-and...

Come on over and read about the project and support it if you can, much appreciated!

Dan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros Boucharelis
Greece
Drama
flag msg tools
designer
badge
ubi bene ibi patria // vidi perfutui veni
mbmbmbmbmb
woo hoo! backed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Sterner
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Good deal, backed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Osnabrück
flag msg tools
                                                             oooo                             ooo                             o    o                                      o     
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kastrologos wrote:
woo hoo! backed!

Ditto.
And now the goal has already been reached: CA$ 847 pledged of CA$ 800 goal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. I'm in.

Any possibility of doing CC:N dice in the acrylic as well? If not, I'll jump over to eBay for those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Berry
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
claudermilk wrote:
OK. I'm in.

Any possibility of doing CC:N dice in the acrylic as well? If not, I'll jump over to eBay for those.

Thanks for the question, but no I won't be making the CC:N in acrylic as I already have a large inventory of them in wood. Thanks for the support though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff C
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CCdiceGuy wrote:
claudermilk wrote:
OK. I'm in.

Thanks for the question, but no I won't be making the CC:N in acrylic as I already have a large inventory of them in wood. Thanks for the support though!

Where?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Berry
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Talonz wrote:
CCdiceGuy wrote:
claudermilk wrote:
OK. I'm in.

Where?

I'm selling them on eBay here:

1 Set: [url]http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1-SET-Etched-Dice-Set-for-GMT-Command...gImEAAOSwbqpT2CsE[/url]

3 Sets: [url]http://www.ebay.ca/itm/3-SETS-Etched-Dice-Set-for-GMT-Comman...gEQwAAOSwxH1T2CrF[/url]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H, Gua
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Backed! Woo hoo!

My first kickstarter ever. May well be my last.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
0 mparmpa
Cyprus
Nicosia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Dan,

just noticed this post. it's an incredible idea.
however, since never used kickstarter, how could I take part and "order" a pair of sets of C&C:A dice?

cheers,
Vas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Berry
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Hi Vas,

Thanks for the support!

Until the end of December I am taking "Late Orders" of dice at the same Kickstarter prices (non-early bird). These will be shipped after all Kickstarter order have been shipped.

Starting in the new year I'll be selling them on eBay, but the prices will be a little higher.

DM me what you're looking for (standard or "deluxe" (colored), how many sets, etc.) and I'll send you a PayPal invoice directly. Dice will be shipped by end of the month!

Cheers,

Dan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |