Nathaniel Lee
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I'm traveling to Atlanta for a conference in about a week and a half and was wondering if there are any table top gaming stores or similar retailers near the tourist-y part of downtown Atlanta (e.g. the Coca-Cola World area) or near the Cobb Galleria Centre.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stevenson
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a Titan Games & Comics near the Cobb Galleria, at 2512 Cobb Pkwy SE, Smyrna, GA 30080.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Kennedy
United States
Cleveland
Tn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on how far you are willing to drive out. The best HobbyTown in the Southeast is just up I-75 off of Barrett Parkway. Large game and miniature selection with all of the other fun hobby stuff to look through too. I always stop by when going through Atlanta.

https://www.hobbytown.com/kennesaw-ga/l111

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JATL
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. Everything is out in the burbs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy W
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The distant, distant burbs.

Downtown ATL is actually tiny, almost completely optimized for the convention trade. Bad tourist trap restaurants, almost no shopping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Lee
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Arydis4 wrote:
It depends on how far you are willing to drive out. The best HobbyTown in the Southeast is just up I-75 off of Barrett Parkway. Large game and miniature selection with all of the other fun hobby stuff to look through too. I always stop by when going through Atlanta.

https://www.hobbytown.com/kennesaw-ga/l111

Argh. It sounds awesome. Unfortunately, I'm just flying in from New Jersey and relying on public transportation while I'm down there.

I'll have to keep that in mind for when I'm going down there for personal travel. Thanks for the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Lee
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
MrGurbic wrote:
Nope. Everything is out in the burbs.

I kind of figured as much. There's basically one place in Manhattan -- The Compleat Strategist -- and everything else is further out. There are a handful of places within about 30 minutes of where I live out in New Jersey, but not much as you get closer to New York City proper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Lee
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
VanVeen wrote:
The distant, distant burbs.

Downtown ATL is actually tiny, almost completely optimized for the convention trade. Bad tourist trap restaurants, almost no shopping.

Not too surprising. This'll be my first time in Atlanta, though, so tourist trap attractions are perfectly fine for my one day of personal time prior to the actual conference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Lee
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Daramere wrote:
There is a Titan Games & Comics near the Cobb Galleria, at 2512 Cobb Pkwy SE, Smyrna, GA 30080.

Very nice! That looks sweet. One question, though... is that road that both this place and the Galleria are on a major highway or such? Is there any sort of public transportation between the two or even better yet is it viable to walk there from the Galleria?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stevenson
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
natlee75 wrote:
Daramere wrote:

Very nice! That looks sweet. One question, though... is that road that both this place and the Galleria are on a major highway or such? Is there any sort of public transportation between the two or even better yet is it viable to walk there from the Galleria?

It's not a highway, but you have to go under a major highway overpass to get from the Galleria to Titan, and the road itself is pretty big (at least three lanes each direction). I'm not sure if there are sidewalks (there certainly aren't sidewalks the whole way). I'd say that it's one of those things you could walk, but probably a lot of people would not consider it walkable.

I couldn't tell you if there was a relevant bus route along that road.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Lee
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Thanks for the info! Maybe I'll post my experience trying to get there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls