Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just stumbled across my old collection of Battletech maps, and found that many of them could easily be used for playing Ogre...
Has anyone thought about that already?
Could be a cheap option for us, that do not own the kickstarter GEV maps...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Fridy
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can find a copy of Kriegspiel or Panzer Leader, or PanzerBlitz, grab them too. They are great because the maps are geomorphic, meaning you can connect them in various combinations and the roads and streams line up.

Also I've played out a brutal battle in the forests of a map of Outdoor Survival, which has a very nice looking map for the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
General Question:
How do you treat hills in an OGRE game?
Any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always thought that a unit crossing a hill that turn should have a +1drm when targeted.

There is one of the maps from the Fighting Wings games that would work pretty well, but I have never played it (I have not even worn out the G.E.V. maps).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Sunley
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're conceptualizing that the hexes are still a mile across, hills have no effect whatsoever to firing range or damage. This isn't Napoleonic or Civil War cannons - they don't work better down hill, and everything is already ballistic-trajectory indirect fire with maximum arc heights in the low stratosphere.

If you want to do something interestingly different with hills/high ground hexes, make units in them easier to target and damage (+1 on the crt roll penalty), since they're skylined and what would otherwise be a clean miss on level ground could quite plausibly start a landslide above or below them.

You could also quite plausibly give light armor and wheeled vehicles movement penalties for climbing hills. Either +1MP, or treat them like streams.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.