Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got this because I've been a huge MOO fan since the original (though MOO3 was kinda ehh).

However, I mostly solo so I just wondered if anyone out there was working on a solo variant for this?

Thanks.

Btuce

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Rozier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hey you beat me to it laugh

I came here looking for an answer to the same question.laughlaugh

I will keep an eye on this thread.....goo

Starby

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, after reading the rules, it looks like other than attacking, you could just play it to get the most points, and then you'd just have to try and figure out what the various levels of winning would be.

You'd either have to just take attacking out all together, or figure out some way to determine when you would be attacked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are also cards and powers that interact with the discard pile and other players. E.g. Darlok's propaganda power.

Here's an idea for attacking. At the start of each round, roll 3d10. These are Enemy Dice. You may attack an Enemy Die as long as your fleet strength is greater than or equal to the die's value. Attacking costs you 2 fleet and gets you 2 VP, as usual; discard the attacked die.

At the end of each round, for each Enemy Die that is greater than or equal to your fleet strength, reduce your loyalty by 1. This counts as being attacked, for the purpose of triggering abilities. Then discard all remaining Enemy Dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
There are also cards and powers that interact with the discard pile and other players. E.g. Darlok's propaganda power.

Here's an idea for attacking. At the start of each round, roll 3d10. These are Enemy Dice. You may attack an Enemy Die as long as your fleet strength is greater than or equal to the die's value. Attacking costs you 2 fleet and gets you 2 VP, as usual; discard the attacked die.

At the end of each round, for each Enemy Die that is greater than or equal to your fleet strength, reduce your loyalty by 1. This counts as being attacked, for the purpose of triggering abilities. Then discard all remaining Enemy Dice.

That sounds good. I think the round needs to be taken into effect somehow though. You could roll 3 10's in the first round and get hit hard even though that doesn't seem likely to happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So what? You lose 3 loyalty. BFD. You can get that back with one propaganda action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Who Am I?
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
Asmor wrote:
So what? You lose 3 loyalty. BFD. You can get that back with one propaganda action.

And in a real game, you won't always have access to the same cards as your opponents - so some games you might have access to lots of military strength, others not so much.

(You also could roll low and get an easy set of VP for yourself... so it goes both ways.)

I think the random values are fine, and a fairly smart way to simulate military options in solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James

Halifax
msg tools
Has anyone played with this idea?
Is it worth getting for solo play only? It reminds me of Jump Drive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.