3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Buying boardgames in Tokyo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: flgs [+] asia [+] [View All]
Brendan Sparling
Canada
flag msg tools
Hi all! First time poster here. I've always had a passing interest in boardgames but never any friends who were interested in playing with me-hence I am now a new boardgamer. I recently bought Shogun and have had fun playing it. I am thinking about picking up another game or two-maybe Memoir 44 or Battlelore or something like that. However it is quite cost prohibitive to order boardgames from the US. I know most people won't me able to answer this but I'm hoping someone will: Is there anywhere in Tokyo, Japan that is decent to buy boardgames? I found one place in Shinjuku but they didn't have anything I wanted. Now that I have an eye on some games I might go back there and check again. If anybody could help me out, that would be great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser Lamont
Scotland
Dunblane
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Brendan,

Welcome to the site! Check out http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/120302
to see a list of useful threads about gamestores in Japan.

If you are near Chiba, I used to go to Yellow Submarine in Yodabashi Camera, which had a small but good selection of games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Sparling
Canada
flag msg tools
Oops , I didnt do a search! The Yellow Submarine was the shop I was talking about. I went to the one in Shinjuku. Can anybody confirm that there are only two of them? I wonder if one is mainly for figures and the other one is boardgames?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls