Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tried searching and couldn't find any mention of this before, which surprises me.

Just picked this up and on the player sheets, the art for the Meklar and Darlok appear to be switched. In the rulebook, the art is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Who Am I?
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
There is a bunch of discussion here:
How's the component quality?

But it probably deserves a separate thread.

For reference, copying some information that I had originally posted in that other thread below.

--

oneiric wrote:
My copy just arrived.

It is just images that were swapped on player boards. The names and racial power descriptions match the altered values (in yellow text) on the boards.

Here is the ticket [with Cryptozoic] that I opened:

Quote:

There is a print error on the Meklar and Darlok player boards for the Master of Orion board game.

As mentioned in the subject, the images on the Meklar and Darlok boards were swapped. Other information on the boards is correct, with the names and powers matching, but the race image shown on those boards is wrong. Interesting to note that images in the rulebook are correct; it's only the player boards that are a problem. See attached files.

What plans are there to fix this issue? If the game wasn't based on a well-known license, it probably wouldn't matter. But the game is, and for anyone familiar with the source it's an awkward error. Hopefully it doesn't affect your entire print run.

Would greatly appreciate hearing how to get corrected boards, or even if a PDF file with the correct images/descriptions that could be printed onto stickers.

Best regards,

And the official response at this time:

Quote:

Thank you for contacting us with your report about our Master of Orion Board Game print problem.

We’re continuing to research the pack-out of this product with our printer and we hope there’re is no problems in the future print run.
The entire print run was printed like that, so unfortunately there is no replacement available.

Thank you for the PDF idea. We will look into it.

We do apologize for any inconvenience caused by this. If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you,
-Cryptozoic Customer Support Team

So, no fix available at this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Bengter
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While being a fan of the computer game this is a rather annoying misprint. I noticed some of the preview videos with prototyp content had the same error so I was hoping they would fix this before the real print since the game got so postponed. If that isn´t the case I might skip this run and wait for a second version of the game with more races and unique cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Who Am I?
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
Gamling80 wrote:
While being a fan of the computer game this is a rather annoying misprint. I noticed some of the preview videos with prototyp content had the same error so I was hoping they would fix this before the real print since the game got so postponed. If that isn´t the case I might skip this run and wait for a second version of the game with more races and unique cards.

Hmm... Can anyone confirm if the European versions suffer from the same misprint?

I thought that someone suggested it was only English/North American copies, and that a different publisher had fixed the error, but might wrong. Heck, maybe Cryptozoic is the only publisher. I'm really not sure here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ric
United Kingdom
Hove
Brighton and Hove
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a UK copy from Games Lore last week and it has this error.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niklas Bergmark
Sweden
Stockholm
Älvsjö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a copy in Sweden and it had the same issue.
It has unfortunately led to that those two races are usually avoided since it annoys us.

I had really hoped they would fix replacements. I understand that there would be costs involved for them, but when using a license as your main sales point - accuracy actually matters!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Who Am I?
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
I trust others are also voicing their opinions with the publisher? The more they hear it's an issue, the more likely we are to get a solution beyond "hopefully it gets fixed next print run"...

A PDF isn't a great solution, as we'd have to pay to print it ourselves, but it costs them almost nothing and would at least give owners an option. There is really no excuse for not having that available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.