THE MAVERICK
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Currently seeing difficulties and slowdowns when trying to add games to collection, delete games from collection, set values (own, want to buy, want in trade, etc.)

* Sometimes very slow to load the collection-changes sidebar window when clicking on the the button to the left of "log play"
* Processing of changes is slow and does not always happen.
* The confirmation button that appears at the top of the screen to confirm changes is not showing.
* Changes are not being implemented after multiple attempts.
* Item appearing in collection via "My Games" gives "Invalid" on sidebar window when I try to open item to delete. [Happening when I try to edit the second copy of this game under My Games: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/11572/case-elusive-assas...]

Currently being experienced with the four games in this series:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamefamily/34696/famous-myste...

The problem is happening on the game pages, but it is also slow if I try to add the games to my collection from the series page...

Windows/Chrome

EDIT 1:

Replicated in Firefox as well...

EDIT 2:

* Cannot add comments. I choose to Edit item in my collection from button next to "Log Play" on game page, I type in a comment in the public comment box, I press save and the sidebar collection-change window closes, but the text I tried to add does not appear in My Games or when I search the game in my collection. This was experienced with the following game: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/14245/game-district-mess...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THE MAVERICK
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I also tried clearing the cache in Chrome and that didn't help - still seeing all of the above issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
Adding geeklist items is also timing out and so is commenting on geeklists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
mbmbmbmbmb
Blott wrote:
Adding geeklist items is also timing out and so is commenting on geeklists.

Came here to say the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie A
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Same here. Game I added (twice) shows on Collection page but not on the game page. I've tried to delete the extra 3 times and even when it shows deleted it comes right back when I refresh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Barou
France
Vincennes
Ile de France
flag msg tools
and more and more and more and more and take a break
badge
Stop tickling my octopus!
mbmbmbmbmb
same problems encountered
SPLU also unable to log plays
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B B
United States
Langhorne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Bernard
United States
Fairview
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here. Rebooted computer. Unable to add to collection. Using Chrome for Windows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here using Chrome.

Tried multiple times to add an entry, which never showed. 10 minutes later duplicate entries which won't delete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
same, using safari, chrome or firefox.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Fieg
Germany
Rastatt
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Same problem with the Essen 17 no shipping auction list. No editing or commenting!
Sad if you want to auction games today!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh DuJordan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yep, same on my end. Can't add/delete a game, or rate them. It will add a game temporarily or remove a game, but newly added games go away after a minute while removed games come back shortly after. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmb
We found the problem. Thanks for reporting it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:

Yes! Working again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blott wrote:
Aldie wrote:

Yes! Working again.

Still got multiple entries, with an Invalid Item panel opening alongside when I try to delete it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie A
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
There were odd glitches in the items I had added during this debacle. I was, however, able to delete both from the Collection page and from the Game page. Deleting and then redoing worked fine for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THE MAVERICK
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
The Maverick wrote:
* Item appearing in collection via "My Games" gives "Invalid" on sidebar window when I try to open item to delete. [Happening when I try to edit the second copy of this game under My Games: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/11572/case-elusive-assas...]

Everything appears to be working now for me except one thing. I still see a second copy of the above game in the My Games tab. When I try to edit it to delete it, I get the "Invalid" side bar. I tried deleting it from the collection list under my profile, but I only see one copy of the game there...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THE MAVERICK
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
The Maverick wrote:
The Maverick wrote:

Everything appears to be working now for me except one thing. I still see a second copy of the above game in the My Games tab. When I try to edit it to delete it, I get the "Invalid" side bar. I tried deleting it from the collection list under my profile, but I only see one copy of the game there...

Never mind, I deleted the first of the two entries and that took care of both, I just had to reenter the one I wanted to have there...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got six entries for one game, and can't edit or delete any of them without the error side bar rearing its ugly head

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadine Grech
Malta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to know I'm not the only one.

I accidentally deleted a game and I've been trying to add it back again. In my collection I can't see it but when I click on the game's page, it says it's in my collection so when I click edit, it says 'Invalid Item'.

I also wanted to comment on several games in my collection and when I try to click save, it tells me that it's been a second or seconds too long so it will not save the comment for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fixed the offending six entries by adding another copy surprise

All the bogus entries containing errors miraculously disappeared.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadine Grech
Malta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nadigames93 wrote:

I accidentally deleted a game and I've been trying to add it back again. In my collection I can't see it but when I click on the game's page, it says it's in my collection so when I click edit, it says 'Invalid Item'.

I also wanted to comment on several games in my collection and when I try to click save, it tells me that it's been a second or seconds too long so it will not save the comment for me.

I'm still getting the 'Invalid item' error. I actually got two games with that problem, not one. Codenames Duet and Blueprints. Can someone help please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie A
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
nadigames93 wrote:
nadigames93 wrote:
I accidentally deleted a game and I've been trying to add it back again. In my collection I can't see it but when I click on the game's page, it says it's in my collection so when I click edit, it says 'Invalid Item'

I'm still getting the 'Invalid item' error. I actually got two games with that problem, not one. Codenames Duet and Blueprints. Can someone help please?

When you say "In my collection I can't see it" does this include you allowing for all Status possibilities (including no status)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmb
nadigames93 wrote:
nadigames93 wrote:

I removed them. I just added a new version which cleared up the incorrect cache and then deleted them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadine Grech
Malta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
nadigames93 wrote:
nadigames93 wrote:

I removed them. I just added a new version which cleared up the incorrect cache and then deleted them.

Hi. I went to check and it's fixed! It has been really frustrating me so thanks a bunch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.