Ren
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Edit: Added information about bundles. The KS page is much clearer now but I'm keeping this post as reference. Also added purple text to indicate which pledge levels include what content. You can also buy each item individually for the price stated. (Either add the money now to your pledge or you'll be able to add money during the pledge manager phase.)
Current pledge levels are as follows:
→ Veteran (49$) if you're an old backer who just wants the new big white box; this already includes the upgrade pack with the correct versions of cards with typos/errors.
→ Veteran + "New Gameplay" Bundle (76$) (abbreviated as VETERAN+NG in this post) if you're an old backer who wants all the new gameplay additions.
→ Survivor (80$) if you're a new backer who just wants the big black base box.
→ Rookie (129$) if you're a new backer who wants the two big boxes (black and white).
→ Rookie + "Full Gameplay" Bundle" (249$) (abbreviated as ROOKIE+FG in this post) if you're a new backer who wants all the gameplay components (black box, white box, and expansions); doesn't include BGG promo cards.

Note 1: None of the pledge levels include the BGG promo cards, the notebook, the dice, or the playmat. They must be added separately.

Note 2: If you're an old backer and just want the errata cards, wait for SP to release the upgrade pack on their website

Note 3: If you want "the box with 1200+ cards from the 1st KS", there is no such box, that card count refers to a bundle of base box plus 3 expansions that isn't available for the current KS; if you want the same content, pledge at the 80$ level (Survivor) and add 49$ for the Icy Maze, Forbidden Sanctuary and Swamp of Madness add-ons

I'm seeing lots of questions in the forums and the KS page, and it's not easy to find the information on the campaign page, so here is a breakdown of every gameplay component and how to get them.

Handy link to the KS page (ends October 19th)

A note on expected delivery dates and shipping costs: SP is planning on two waves of shipping, one for the base box and one for the expansions. If your pledge includes items from two different waves, you can either pay twice for shipping or opt to receive everything at the later date. In this case "shipping costs will be reduced significantly [...] although still more expensive than the wave 2 shipping shown on the main page."

I apologize for any mistakes/omissions, there is A LOT of information to keep straight. Please let me know if something is wrong.

Base game included in SURVIVOR, ROOKIE, ROOKIE+FG
+ the black box
+ 962 cards
+ contains 4 curses: Voracious Goddess, Offering to the Guardians, Bloody Hunt, Dark Chest of the Damned
+ contains all stretch goals unlocked during the first KS campaign
+ contains minis and standees of the explorers and the magnifying glass
1st KS: Survivor pledge (59€)
2nd KS: Survivor pledge (80$), expected delivery March 2018

Ice Maze/Forbidden Sanctuary/Swamp of Madness included in ROOKIE+FG
+ 96 cards each
+ each comes in a separate tuckbox and they add 3 new curses
1st KS: sold together with the base game at the Explorer pledge level (89€)
2nd KS: available as optional add-ons (19$ for each or 49$ for all three); expected delivery October 2018

Fear the Devourers/Facing the Elements/Path of Repentance included in ROOKIE+FG
+ 30 cards in Devourers, 40 cards in Elements, 30 cards in Repentance
+ expansions that add new gameplay mechanics
+ each in a separate tuckbox
+ for more info about each expansion, see Get expansions or not?, What expansion(s) would you recommend?, Expansions -- Are they necessary?
1st KS: optional add-ons (17€ each for Devourers and Elements, 7€ for Repentance)
2nd KS: optional add-ons (20$ each for Devourers and Elements, 9$ for Repentance); expected delivery October 2018

What Goes Up Must Come Down *NEW in the 2nd KS* included in VETERAN, VETERAN+NG, ROOKIE, ROOKIE+FG
+ the white box
+ over 250 cards (exact number depends on stretch goals that will be unlocked)
+ contains 3 curses: Prison of Clouds, Veins of the Earth, Crystal's Song
+ contains all stretch goals unlocked during the second KS campaign
2nd KS: Veteran pledge (49$); expected delivery October 2018

Creature Comforts *NEW in the 2nd KS* included in VETERAN+NG, ROOKIE+FG
+ 30 cards in a separate tuckbox
+ expansion that adds new gameplay mechanics
2nd KS: optional add-on (9$); expected delivery October 2018

The Flying Roots *NEW in the 2nd KS* included in VETERAN+NG, ROOKIE+FG
+ 40 cards in a separate tuckbox
+ expansion that adds new gameplay mechanics
2nd KS: optional add-on (20$); expected delivery October 2018

"Second Edition" Upgrade Pack *NEW in the 2nd KS* included in VETERAN, VETERAN+NG
+ for backers of the original KS, it includes revised versions of the cards that have been changed (see the Errata on the official site) and 4 additional dividers
+ unknown small number of cards (13 cards so far marked with errata, could be more, but they are replacements not new content)
If you backed the 1st KS and are backing the expansion now: this is included in the 49$ pledge
If you backed the 1st KS and don't plan to back the 2nd KS: SP confirmed this will be available at cost from their own website
If you are a new backer: you don't need this, the 2nd edition base box will include these upgrades

Promo cards
+ 5 promo cards sold by BGG (English version) and soon to be sold by Tric Trac (French version)
+ 5$ plus shipping from BGG store, already available and being shipped
2nd KS: available as optional add-on for 6$; expected delivery October 2018

Cartographer's Notebook/Bone Dice
+ from the 1st KS
+ aesthetic components, no added gameplay elements
1st KS: optional add-ons (7€ for notebook, 9€ for dice)
2nd KS: optional add-ons (9$ for notebook, 11$ for dice); expected delivery March 2018 (or October 2018 if you want to combine shipping to avoid paying twice)

Satchel & Journal Binder included in VETERAN, VETERAN+NG, ROOKIE, ROOKIE+FG
+ introduced in the 2nd KS
+ aesthetic component, no added gameplay elements
2nd KS: only included in the expansion/white box, currently no way to purchase it separately; expected delivery October 2018

Playmat *NEW in the 2nd KS*
+ introduced in the 2nd KS
+ aesthetic component, no added gameplay elements
2nd KS: optional add-on (19$); expected delivery March 2018 (or October 2018 if you want to combine shipping to avoid paying twice)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Swinkels
Belgium
Webbekom
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Quick guide to the new Kickstarter - what's in each pledge level, how to get all expansions, which stretch goals are included in the new campaign, etc
Let's not forget the Bone-Dice & Cartographer's Notebook add-ons
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ren
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Quick guide to the new Kickstarter - what's in each pledge level, how to get all expansions, which stretch goals are included in the new campaign, etc
swinkelp wrote:
Let's not forget the Bone-Dice & Cartographer's Notebook add-ons

I did say "gameplay" components but you're right, I'll edit my post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcello
Italy
flag msg tools
Super helpful, thanks Ren T!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno
United States
Farmingdale
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is also the different target dates, I believe March and October 2018. Not sure what is to be delivered when.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince De Zutter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
teg2 wrote:
There is also the different target dates, I believe March and October 2018. Not sure what is to be delivered when.

Reprints of the "first edition" will be shipped in March 2018, everything else October.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ren
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've updated the first post with the expected delivery dates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Galeotti
Italy
Firenze
flag msg tools
http://www.gruppoludico.it/
badge
I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.
mb
Ren, for the Second Edition upgrade pack they are also going to include additional dividers (Characters' Skills, "004", "051", "109") that weren't there in the original.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much for this... I never thought I had to pay shipping twice... I just thought that if your pledge had things that are in the 1st and 2nd wave you'd get everything in the 2nd wave and only pay shipping once!!

I really don't like this... paying shipping twice for me can be $40!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ren
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Federico, it had slipped my mind.

Regarding shipping, I think that's the case. Originally I also thought shipping could be combined but the KS page doesn't say so, I've asked Jamie to clarify to be 100% sure. Maybe they'll add an option later, but yes the worst case scenario is having to pay twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elia - "Rainbow Hippie" Acca
Italy
Bergamo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the KS page, it seems to me that Veteran can be joined or split, while Rookie and Survivor must be split. If it's true, it could be a big bummer for a lot of people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaya John
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks Ren for posting this, very helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Strike
United Kingdom
Corsham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the rookie level correct on this page?

From the first KS page three of the curses were included as stretch goals and the new campaign clearly states for the rookie level that all stretch goals from both campaigns are included. Ie. Icy maze, forbidden sanctuary and the swamp of madness

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Drog
United States
Jacksonville Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the post. Alternately, for the same experience you can get gamebooks on amazon for about $5 a pop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg Brand
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Icy maze, forbidden sanctuary and the swamp of madness weren't stretch goals. They were expansions in the Explorer Pledge in their first KS.

The Survivor Pledge vom the second Kickstarter ist more an updated Survivor Pledge vom their first Project.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ren
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jstriker wrote:
Is the rookie level correct on this page?

From the first KS page three of the curses were included as stretch goals and the new campaign clearly states for the rookie level that all stretch goals from both campaigns are included. Ie. Icy maze, forbidden sanctuary and the swamp of madness

I'm positive that's correct.

The base box for the 1st campaign originally included 3 curses: Voracious Goddess, Offering to the Guardians, Bloody Hunt. Another curse, Dark Chest of the Damned, was added as a stretch goal.

Ice Maze/Forbidden Sanctuary/Swamp of Madness were never stretch goals but rather part of a separate (and more expensive) pledge level.

Further evidence: "Choose which curse (or curses!) has been put on you from those included in the base box (4) or those in the expansions (5)." (Emphasis mine.) Rookie level has the base box (4 curses) and the new box (2 curses) but not the other curses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ren
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mdrog2 wrote:
Thanks for the post. Alternately, for the same experience you can get gamebooks on amazon for about $5 a pop.

Save those 5$, the Lone Wolf gamebooks are available online: https://www.projectaon.org/en/Main/Books (all legal & authorized by the author)

After playing/reading both for dozens of hours, I would say that the two experiences are as similar as watching a film and reading the summary on wikipedia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Franz
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would like to exploit this thread to ask about kickstarter itself (do not want to stat new one). This is my first backed project, co I am bit confused about some features especially pledge manager.

I pledged for the base box and want to add some add-ons later. Kickstarter page states this:
"To purchase an optional buy, simply click the "manage my pledge" button in the top right-hand corner of the Kickstarter page. On the next page, there will be a bar with your pledge total. Add the amount of the optional buys to that sum and click "confirm” near the bottom of the page"

I understand that in "manage your pledge" I would manually incerease my pledge amount (for all add-ons I want summed together)and later on there will be some option to select addons for that price? I do not think it is correct.

Second question is if I will be able to change my pledge after the campaign finishes, or do I have to make my decision before the campaign ends?

Overall, I do not understand pledge managing during and (if there is any)after the campaign.

Thanks a lot for an explanation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince De Zutter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can change your pledge once the campaign ends and add whatever funds necessary in that phase of the kickstarter. There's no need to do all the math before the deadline.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Sloth might be my spirit animal
badge
Ok, ok, NOW I get it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kublaj wrote:
I would like to exploit this thread to ask about kickstarter itself (do not want to stat new one). This is my first backed project, co I am bit confused about some features especially pledge manager.

I pledged for the base box and want to add some add-ons later. Kickstarter page states this:
"To purchase an optional buy, simply click the "manage my pledge" button in the top right-hand corner of the Kickstarter page. On the next page, there will be a bar with your pledge total. Add the amount of the optional buys to that sum and click "confirm” near the bottom of the page"

I understand that in "manage your pledge" I would manually incerease my pledge amount (for all add-ons I want summed together)and later on there will be some option to select addons for that price? I do not think it is correct.

Second question is if I will be able to change my pledge after the campaign finishes, or do I have to make my decision before the campaign ends?

Overall, I do not understand pledge managing during and (if there is any)after the campaign.

Thanks a lot for an explanation

Yup, you can manually increase your pledge amount, then later, on a different website (pledgemanager), your pledge balance will be carried over to allow you to select additional optional rewards.

It is not an advertised feature because it is third party service, not endorsed by Kickstarter, and actually takes money from Kickstarter, because it usually lets you add more money after KS has processed payments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nauran R
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I have backed in the new Kickstarter Campaign and i am a bit confused:
In the old one they spoke about 1200+ Cards only for the base game, and in the new one the base game is only 900 Cards. I'm quite shure i missed something in the huge amount of information all around here. But it's also my first KS...
So maybe somebody of you can help me? What's wrong here?
Or is it the extra expansion packs you have to buy seperately somewhen during the new campaign?
Thank's a lot,
Nauran.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ren
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Jakub, like the others say, you can simply pledge at the Survivor level (80$) and add the money for the add-ons later on the external pledge manager website. If for any reason you pledge more than 80$ to KS, the additional money will carry over to the pledge manager, but there's no need to do all the math in advance.

Nauran wrote:
In the old one they spoke about 1200+ Cards only for the base game, and in the new one the base game is only 900 Cards.

The base game is 900 cards.
The 1200+ figure refers to the base game plus expansions (not available yet).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Accatitippi wrote:
Looking at the KS page, it seems to me that Veteran can be joined or split, while Rookie and Survivor must be split. If it's true, it could be a big bummer for a lot of people.

This is horrible if true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ren
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
Accatitippi wrote:

This is horrible if true.

Jamie just replied to my question on the KS page:
->@Jamie, Is it not possible to combine shipping for the Rookie pledge and have everything (base box + expansions) shipped in October 2018?
More info on that a bit later

Better than a flat refusal. Although, given the volume of questions they're having to field, it might be a while before we know for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coniff
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
Check me out on Instagram: @WisdomForWizards
badge
"Behold, a treasure more valuable than gold."
mbmbmbmbmb
Ren3 wrote:
I'm seeing lots of questions in the forums and the KS page, and it's not easy to find the information on the campaign page, so here is a breakdown of every gameplay component and how to get them.

I literally came to BGG this morning to post a thread asking every question you cover in this post.

You are a godsend.

-----------

At this point, I want literally everything, so I guess just pledge at the 129 level and add the monetary amount to my pledge level after they add them to the campaign?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.