Adam Frandsen
United States
Eagle Mountain
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As several other users have reported, the "Want In Trade - Find Matches" function doesn't work at all--it simply reports "No matches found", even when dozens of matches can be found manually.

It has never worked, regardless of the computer I use, or even the account I log into (tried it with a friend's account with same results).

As far back as I looked through this forum, none of the similar posts about this issue have received a reply or any kind of resolution.

If you are also having this issue, please leave a comment about it or thumb these threads to help raise awareness, and hopefully garner an administrative response or fix.

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Sterckx
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It would help if you described *exactly* what menu-actions you select / buttons you press because if I do a

1) from the menu - select "Bazaar" - "Trades"
2) Select "Custom Search"
3) Check "Search my Country Only"
4) Press "Search"

I get all the matching trades I expect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fully agree with Eddy. The trade function has always worked for me - now I just need to find traders who also work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Brendel
United States
Dunwoody
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe Adam is clicking the button circled here:

If you compare the link for that and the "For Trade" button above, you'll see that "Want In Trade" does not actually include the game ID (should be after "trades[]=").
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Drake
United States
Pomona
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm... The link works fine for me. It may just be that there aren't any matches. I think that the search filters out people that have not logged into BGG recently. If you look at the full list of stats, it will show you how recently each account logged in. I'm always surprised at the number of people that have a want list but have not logged in for over a year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Frandsen
United States
Eagle Mountain
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eddy and Thomas have it exactly right. I was clicking on the button circled above. I never noticed that a part of its URL is missing! This would be such an easy fix for the admins of this website, so I hope they become aware of it.

Thanks for pointing me to the custom trade function. I hadn't noticed that before.

However, even with the custom trade search, there are now 504 gateway timeouts whenever I try to scroll through the pages of the search results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Prince
Canada
Lacombe
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The same thing occurs with the blue 'Find Matches' button under Geektrade. Neither the 'For Trade' or 'Want in Trade' searches have the game ID in the link.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.