United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Rolling dice and taking grains!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

BGG.Con is almost here! GCL Mafia crew - I want to get on your schedule before it fills up all the way, if that hasn't yet happened.

Lunch! - Friday, Noonish, meet near Matthews Boardroom
Every year, we try to do a lunch. It's often at the Hard 8, which is not my favorite but it's a popular pick, and may be the next-to-last chance to do so before BGG.Con moves to downtown Dallas. What day is good for the most people? Friday noon is the absolute best day/time for me to swing it, but Saturday is doable as well (and Thursday is possible if it's later, I'm doing T.I.M.E Stories at 10am that day).

Warrior Knights!
This is often one of my favorite experiences of the con. Who's ready to throw down for this Euro disguised as a stabby game? We could schedule this for after the group lunch if that's convenient. My mornings are booked, but any afternoon/evening is good for me (except Saturday night).

If I need to do a Doodle poll I can, but hopefully we can hammer something out here. I'm looking forwartd to seeing you all soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Keith
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
"Watch, but do not govern; stop war, but do not wage it; protect, but do not control; and first, survive!" - Cordwainer Smith
badge
...watch how I soar!
mbmbmbmbmb
Down for Both! I have Library duty from 3-5 and the VFM at 6 on Thursday, but other than that I'm free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Newman
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not currently planning to make it to BGG.con this year, but I should at least be able to meet you guys for lunch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hard Eight BBQ has been our lunch standard for a few years, and I'd be happy to go again. I'm a big fan of their food. The only constraining factor with them is we really want to go at an off hour - if you go during prime lunch or dinner time the wait is way too long.

If anyone would be interested in gathering at 2:00-ish and getting there approx 2:30 that would be lovely. The last two years that got us there with essentially no wait.

As of now I think I could do that any day, although I'm still mid-planning.

Edit: I'll just jot down noon Friday for team lunch.

I'm open to non-BBQ options as well, but I don't have any recommendations. I'm so helpful. zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Brubakken
United States
Topeka
KS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the GCL Mafia Crew?

Thesp wrote:

BGG.Con is almost here! GCL Mafia crew - I want to get on your schedule before it fills all the way, if that hasn't yet happened.

Lunch!
Every year, we try to do a lunch. It's often at the Hard 8, which is not my favorite but it's a popular pick, and may be the next-to-last chance to do so before BGG.Con moves to downtown Dallas. What day is good for the most people? Friday noon is the absolute best day/time for me to swing it, but Saturday is doable as well (and Thursday is possible if it's later, I'm doing T.I.M.E Stories at 10am that day).

Warrior Knights!
This is often one of my favorite experiences of the con. Who's ready to throw down for this Euro disguised as a stabby game? We could schedule this for after the group lunch if that's convenient. My mornings are booked, but any afternoon/evening is good for me (except Saturday night).

If I need to do a Doodle poll I can, but hopefully we can hammer something out here. I'm looking forwartd to seeing you all soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Keith
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
"Watch, but do not govern; stop war, but do not wage it; protect, but do not control; and first, survive!" - Cordwainer Smith
badge
...watch how I soar!
mbmbmbmbmb
cheez wrote:
What is the GCL Mafia Crew?

https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/GCL_Mafia
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't make any commitments until I finish up determining my Teamgeek schedule which won't be until this Saturday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Drozek-Fitzwater
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If BBQ is not a hard commit (see what I did there?), there's a really good Mediterranean place close to the airport.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
bobcatpoet wrote:
If BBQ is not a hard commit (see what I did there?), there's a really good Mediterranean place close to the airport.

My personal preference is for the BBQ but I could wipe my tears away with pita bread if necessary laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Levins
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happymrdave wrote:
bobcatpoet wrote:

My personal preference is for the BBQ but I could wipe my tears away with pita bread if necessary laugh

What's the Mediterranean place? I'm intrigued.

Let's go ahead and hammer down the date for this. Thursday? Or Friday? (Those seemed to be what people gravitated towards.) Is Friday noon-ish best for people? It dovetails nicely with the Fische Fluppen Frikkadellen game several of us are doing, but if another time gets more interest, that's awesome as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thesp wrote:
Happymrdave wrote:
bobcatpoet wrote:

Let's go ahead and hammer down the date for this. Thursday? Or Friday? (Those seemed to be what people gravitated towards.) Is Friday noon-ish best for people? It dovetails nicely with the Fische Fluppen Frikkadellen game several of us are doing, but if another time gets more interest, that's awesome as well!

Friday after FFF sounds great to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Keith
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
...watch how I soar!
mbmbmbmbmb
Happymrdave wrote:
Thesp wrote:
Happymrdave wrote:
bobcatpoet wrote:

Friday after FFF sounds great to me.

Same!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Drozek-Fitzwater
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Should work. I'll look up the Med place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Drozek-Fitzwater
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's called Andalous. The Yelp reviews are very positive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Pike
United States
The Woodlands
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bobcatpoet wrote:
It's called Andalous. The Yelp reviews are very positive.

I am not a part of the Gamechat League (looking into it, very curious.)

I have heard amazing things about Andalous!

I still need to make it there....meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rishi A.
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping that I'm welcome to join, as a former member? Friday at noon works for me. My wife will probably want to tag along, as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Levins
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rishi wrote:
I'm hoping that I'm welcome to join, as a former member? Friday at noon works for me. My wife will probably want to tag along, as well.

YUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Meet around the Matthews ballroom on Friday around noon. Can’t wait to see you soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.