Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler: I may sound bitter due to my already hating the Bloody state and Gold Hunts prior to this game.

Another day arises and new challenges will probably follow, but for now, Raz awakens in the forest, in the small hut where no one came in during his rest. Not a very fruitful rest as Raz is still rather weak, with not many cards left in his deck, and poisoned, and Bloody too.

Today, Raz feels like he's a Mad Scientist, and uses that to craft a Walking Stick to rely on during his adventure. He then explores South while focusing his strength to Prepare For The Worst. Maybe the Worst didn't just happen last time. He notices that the snow didn't recede South, and that promo 054 is still active. Why oh why did I purchase this? Listening to the lovely sound of his boots crunching in the snow he then explores East, in the direction of the abandoned camp and the hunting spot, where he gets attacked by a Vicious Bird, which no doubt is trying to avenge its dead sibling. Tough luck, it gets slaughtered too, as Raz gains 1 Food and 1 Remember. Remembering the Bolas and crafting them, Raz reaches the hunting ground and spends the Bolas to gain 7 stars, draw 4 cards and gain.. A White Hare. Meh.

He's wishing to explore East some more but the path is obstructed by a Spiky Hystrix, so it's back to the hut as the equipment at Raz's disposal wouldn't let him dispose of the insect.

And there is an old man back in the hut. He seems sympathetic and willing to talk, but also he seems to want something in return. Raz has an idea. Remembering a Camouflage Outfit, he travels back to the hunting spot, crafts it, goes back to the hut, gifts it, and gains some weird knowledge in return about a rock-devouring monster with giant teeth living somewhere in the snow. Not sure it was worth it (hint : I totally know it is). Raz eats back 14 cards meditating on his newfound knowledge. But it's time to move on. And East it is, where Raz finds and eats some Ripe Fruit, not without getting nauseated. Where's fortiflore when you need it!

Poopitty-poop I'm not feeling so good.

East is a mount surrounded by a shallow cover of snow, where Raz notices a hidden spot. A small opening in which he buries his hand, but something bites and he gets poisoned, luckily without consequence. Reaching again he finds an Elixir and then a Fat Grub, that he sticks both to his walking stick. It seems the mound is empty now, so Raz decides to go North.

Well at least he intends to go North, but he doesn't feel confident about doing so actually, as it looks rather... Threatening to him. So instead he goes East again, and once more almost drops an item. Almost, though. This time again he's vigilant enough not to and instead remembers a blowpipe.

The snow's thick East. Raz notices a burning bush North but no godly voice to tell him what to do though. Apparently that's only in the scriptures. Meh. It seems he even gets lost when looking East, but I cheat the game as I remember the result of this card from last session and grab 2 XP. There is a tree East but it looks threatening too. Besides, the path is obscured by rocks. Doesn't sound like a good way to make progress. So North it is and forget the burning bush, Raz isn't gonna put that off. To hell with voiceless burning bushes! North is a massive cliff, but most importantly, a hunting spot! And a grave, too, to which Raz decides to pray.

I ain't scared of no ghost!

While meditating it seems he disturbs a spirit that is not kin on that but thanks to the power of the discard pile, the spirit finally whiffs into nothingness, which gives Raz some Bolas back. Never a bad thing, that. Time to hunt some game! Raz manages to draw 4 cards, scaring a goat with all the blood he's soaked in, and coming back with a mere White Hare again. Ugh. We're none too happy with that are we? Nope, we would have liked some bear better.

Before leaving the area, Raz triggers Knowledge Is Power for free thanks to the overpowered Scholar and nets 4 XP since it triggers Prepare For the Worst. Yay combos! It's time to check that threat, which is now West. Turns out that for all the self-bracing, the threat was in fact absolutely nothing. What  truly is something, though, is the idol that stands over the snow! Truly a sight to behold. Getting there, Raz takes some time to meditate. But feels a strange and frightening presence while doing so. Which turns out to be nothing in the end. It did feel very weird though.

He crafts a shovel  he pairs with his Bolas, before going back to hunt under the cliff. He draws 3 cards to that, only to snake out - since he doesn't feel ready to take on the Totemed Fresh Spot - and gets poisoned some more. He hunts again and fails, then hunts again, drawing 2 cards from his deck and.... 1 card from the discard which turns out to be a Curse. First ever card drawn and it's a Curse. Love it. And that's how Raz lost his 777 relic card.

35 hours later, Bloody and Gold Hunts still ruin this game for me.

With that out of the way, the hunt is a failure again, but Raz decides to discard a Valiant Hearts from his hand, getting tired and losing 5 more cards to it in the process. That gives him 3 250 cards, and he scores yet another White Hare. Wow. Today's a bad day for Raz indeed. 

Raz then sacs a Fat Grub to craft an antidote he pairs with the Woven Basket, then decides it's time to fight the Hystrix. But being 1 star short of killing it he has to discard Bolas/Shovel to not get poisoned more. Sad face.

Thinking it's time to end such a miserable day, Raz goes to the abandoned camp, crafts a Friction Fire and rests to level up, in which all advanced skills cost -2 XP. Well Raz is glad he didn't waste that on refreshing hunting grounds at least! He decides to spend 12 XP to get Tracker, Resourceful and Poisoned Weapon, stuffing them into the deck. Before losing it to yet another slap in the face - since he spent the Fat Grub 10 seconds ago - Raz decides to drink the Elixir, which makes him Vigorous, and calls it a day.

And that was a terrible 60 minutes session.

It ain't so big but it takes much too long.

Progress made so far:
- 1 step towards the Voracious Goddess
- 1 step towards the Offering to the Guardians
- 2 steps towards the Bloody Hunt
- Quite some levelling up
- 1 777 card lost
- 1 very frustrated player that doesn't believe he'll make it very far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Ukrop
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question about the Elixir you found. Does this come from an expansion? I don't remember seeing that in the mound last time we explored ...

Also, nice report. Among others, I share your feelings about 054 promo and the Scholar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Ukrop
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
Raz finds and eats some Ripe Fruit, not without getting nauseated. Where's fortiflore when you need it!
After finding the fruit for the third time, we actualy decided not to (try to) get rid of Nauseated, as it prevents any other player from getting Nauseated ever again.
It's usually like "She decides to eat the fruit again, since she has cramps from day before yesterday anyway."
And it goes without saying that the same character is also permanently bloody (also with a good reason of keeping some leaf-like insects.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dill wrote:
Quick question about the Elixir you found. Does this come from an expansion? I don't remember seeing that in the mound last time we explored ...

Also, nice report. Among others, I share your feelings about 054 promo and the Scholar.

Yes, its ID number starts with a B IIRC :-)

Also thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Exo Desta wrote:
Can't read any of this, I'm afraid -- I'm trying to keep the whole thing a mystery as much as I can. But I bid you good luck! (And take some care around the Hunting bits, won't you?)

Thanks. I'm doing better now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls