Subject: Error in showing games in my collection rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I go to the main page of any game in my collection (ok, I have only tried For-Ex, Suspend, The Castle of the Devil, Supply Lines of the American Revolution, Rattus, Le Havre, and Ticket to Ride: Nordic Countries -- the first 5 on my wishlist, and 2 pulled at random from games I own) the Little Blue Box under 'My Rating' where 'Add to my Collection' would be if it wasn't already in my Collection says:

'Loading'.

It never stops loading. And I cannot move things from 'my wishlist' to 'owned' -- at least from the main page of the game in question, using this box, which is the only way I know of to do this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Ofiesh
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Laura,

You can do this from your profile page. On the right column you'll see your collection and your wishlist a few lines below it. Choose the wish list, then edit the desired item by selecting the text with its wishlist rating.

If that doesn't work update here.

Val
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmb
I just logged into your account and things loaded right up for me. What browser are you using?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jos horst
Netherlands
groningen
groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Same problem here. Plus I've found that when you *can* edit the status of a game the edit (often or always) is not saved.

There is however another way that does work:

Search for the game you want to edit
You should get a list of games that comply with the search term
When you click the 'status'-field of the game you're looking for you can edit it

HTH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Mc
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
I just logged into your account...

Is this a common practice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
This is a recurring issue for me, too, and has been for a while. I use both Chrome and IE.

It sometimes fixes itself with a reload but usually it doesn't, and I have to go to the My Games tab.

It seems like a BGG issue rather than an issue particular to my collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am using Firefox 56.0.
This morning I reloaded FF, and the problem persisted.
I brought up Google Chrome Version 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)
and it had the problem as well.

I checked, and my FF still had the problem just a few seconds ago.
I reloaded FF and the problem was gone, and a fresh Google chrome didn't have it either.

I now know how to make changes with the My Games tab, (thank you) but it still looks like a BBG bug to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmb
lacreighton wrote:
I am using Firefox 56.0.

I reloaded FF and the problem was gone, and a fresh Google chrome didn't have it either.

I now know how to make changes with the My Games tab, (thank you) but it still looks like a BBG bug to me.

Any errors in your console?
Chome: More Tools -> Developer -> Console.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
lacreighton wrote:
I am using Firefox 56.0.

Not now, but then, of course there wouldn't be. Firebug didn't show anything obvious at the time when the problem was happening, but I didn't look all that hard for bugs, either, once I found that Chrome had it as well.

When/If it happens again, what would you like me to send you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmb
lacreighton wrote:
Aldie wrote:
lacreighton wrote:
I am using Firefox 56.0.

Not now, but then, of course there wouldn't be. Firebug didn't show anything obvious at the time when the problem was happening, but I didn't look all that hard for bugs, either, once I found that Chrome had it as well.

When/If it happens again, what would you like me to send you?

See if there's any error messages in the console. Or if you have the ability to look at the developer network tab and see if there's anything weird with /api/collections

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Mc
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gmc14 wrote:
Aldie wrote:

Aldie?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THE MAVERICK
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
lacreighton wrote:
the Little Blue Box under 'My Rating' where 'Add to my Collection' would be if it wasn't already in my Collection says:

'Loading'.

It never stops loading.

I reported a similar issue through the Feedback button on the game pages back on 27 AUG.

I had been seeing the stuck "loading" button for some time before that, but at first I thought it was my Windows version of Chrome that was causing the problem. But then I saw the same error repeat on my phone, at which point I sent in the feedback report.

The issue is not consistent (i.e. not every time I open a game page, but frequently). And at least with the way I am experiencing it I can fix the stuck "loading" button with a page reload in Windows Chrome.

But still an annoying, intermittent error.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
river tam
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I get this problem too. I use firefox.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
I just logged into your account and things loaded right up for me. What browser are you using?

Scott,

Huh!?! You can secretly log into accounts?!?

I know as db admin you can rest password and log in, but I'd know that my PW didn't work and something was wrong.

So what is really happening here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
BUT MY DREAMS THEY AREN'T AS EMPTY
mbmbmbmbmb
popcorn.gif

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmb
herace wrote:
Aldie wrote:

Scott,

I know as db admin you can rest password and log in, but I'd know that my PW didn't work and something was wrong.

I can't access anyone's passwords - they are encrypted. As sysadmin I can tell BGG to treat me like I'm user X, which is what I do for debugging purposes if I need to rule out the account itself as the source of the problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
herace wrote:
Aldie wrote:

Scott,

I can't access anyone's passwords - they are encrypted. As sysadmin I can tell BGG to treat me like I'm user X, which is what I do for debugging purposes if I need to rule out the account itself as the source of the problem.

And *this* is how you defuse a situation.

Explain what you can/can't do; explain what your intent is and the purpose of what you're trying to accomplish.

Transparency.

No doubt, there will still be some who say, "no, I never want anyone in my account!" but, I think that's slightly unrealistic -- on any platform.

Quite frankly, this explanation is significantly better than simply ignoring the question (or, worse, replying in an annoyed/defensive fashion).

Man, I miss the old days of BGG -- this just brought me back to the open way things *used* to be
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
I can't access anyone's passwords - they are encrypted.

I trust you mean "hashed", not "encrypted", right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Selamat pagi,
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmb
Lemur wrote:
And *this* is how you diffuse a situation.

I just logged into Lemur's account to change this to "defuse" but it just says "loading" when I click edit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
Lemur wrote:

I just logged into Lemur's account to change this to "defuse" but it just says "loading" when I click edit.

Thank you for pointing it out. I'm not too proud to say when I'm wrong
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jos horst
Netherlands
groningen
groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Lemur wrote:
Kaffedrake wrote:
Lemur wrote:

Thank you for pointing it out. I'm not too proud to say when I'm wrong

I thought it had a nice self-referential touch

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, back to bug.
I got it again in FF. I went to its network tool, and the tool wanted me to reload the page. Did so, and the problem went away. Grrr. Is there something I can leave running so that when this happens the bug will be already caught? Point me at the url that explains how to do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Manser
Canada
Didsbury
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gmc14 wrote:
gmc14 wrote:
Aldie wrote:

:what:

Aldie?

I'm guessing as he's an admin, he has certain "superpowers" that allow him to do it when trying to troubleshoot issues like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
Aldie wrote:

See if there's any error messages in the console. Or if you have the ability to look at the developer network tab and see if there's anything weird with /api/collections

Nothing in IE's console.

Also, perhaps related:

New Bug with Collection button on game page tied to Status column in table listing from Search

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fnord23 wrote:
Aldie wrote:

Nothing in IE's console.

Also, perhaps related:

New Bug with Collection button on game page tied to Status column in table listing from Search

I looked around before posting my thread and must have missed this one, but yes, this is the same problem I'm having, and it started about the same time this thread was posted. There are errors in the Firefox Web console, should I post them here or geekmail them to someone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.