California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been trying to update my ubergeek badge for Halloween but no luck. It's been ages since I changed it and it's a bit confusing with 2 places to upload imaged and a checkbox for each. I've done it before but I've tried every option I could think of with no luck.

My image is a standard PNG at 96x18.

Anyone else have problems?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Vaterlaus
United States
Sahuarita
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
"JoJo left his home in Tucson, Arizona"
mbmbmbmbmb
I see two pumpkins on your image - is that NOT what you wanted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bivaterl wrote:
I see two pumpkins on your image - is that NOT what you wanted?

It's the blue image with the silhouettes above the avatar. I can't seem to change that image.

EDIT- I tried both Explorer and Chrome. I think I've tried all the possible combinations of selections. With and without checked box, in both and either field. Both with selected file, just the top, just the bottom. It's an oddball selection system.

EDIT2- I tried an old one I know worked in the past so it doesn't seem like a file corruption problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know what "Bar Position" is supposed to do? I don't remember that being there before and it defaults to 35.

I've been trying just the preview button since I'm afraid to save and ruin my ubergeek badge and not being able to restore it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
Just do it !
badge
Enjoy Life.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the "preview" - problem for a while now, I was wondering when someone elso would run into it.....

Edit Geekbadge Preview not working

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maho wrote:
I have the "preview" - problem for a while now, I was wondering when someone elso would run into it.....

So the preview doesn't work but you can still change it if you save?

Surprised no BGG admin responded since I assume everyone would have this problem, not just us.

EDIT- OK, I risked trying the "save" function and it worked. Great! Hopefully someone that does the BGG code will see this thread and make a fix at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
Just do it !
badge
Enjoy Life.
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:

Surprised no BGG admin responded since I assume everyone would have this problem, not just us.

This really bugs me too.
Are we the only ones who change their überbadges? Or are "infected"?

I had asked some geeks individually, one said that he also saw the ABC12345678 thing, but it didn't bother him because he never changes his überbadge.

Strange then and now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Naylor
United Kingdom
Trowbridge
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
Get your cursor off me you damned dirty ape!
badge
Say what you see. If you see it, say it.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've not tried this recently as I only ever uploaded an image once and left it. But there is a bit of a history of the preview breaking.
Ubergeekbadge problems...

I'm not sure that helps you any, but perhaps contacting one of the admins that helped me out on that thread would?

Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
Just do it !
badge
Enjoy Life.
mbmbmbmbmb
nmahoney wrote:
I've not tried this recently as I only ever uploaded an image once and left it. But there is a bit of a history of the preview breaking.

I'm not sure that helps you any, but perhaps contacting one of the admins that helped me out on that thread would?

Peter

I did contact an admin about it, without any response though (he was offline for a long time but since his return he didn't react).

Maybe I try Octavian.
Or did you, Scott?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maho wrote:
nmahoney wrote:

Peter

I did contact an admin about it, without any response though (he was offline for a long time but since his return he didn't react).

Maybe I try Octavian.
Or did you, Scott?

I didn't contact anyone. I assumed that someone at BGG headquarters monitors the "Bugs" forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
Just do it !
badge
Enjoy Life.
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
maho wrote:
nmahoney wrote:

Peter

Maybe I try Octavian.
Or did you, Scott?

I didn't contact anyone. I assumed that someone at BGG headquarters monitors the "Bugs" forum.

Good one.
I wonder, sometimes reported bugs are taken care of rather quickly.
Sometimes noone cares at all ever.

Meh.

I will contact Octavian.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mb
ScottE wrote:
Anyone know what "Bar Position" is supposed to do? I don't remember that being there before and it defaults to 35.

I've been trying just the preview button since I'm afraid to save and ruin my ubergeek badge and not being able to restore it.

It belongs to the regular geekbadge, not the ubergeek badge.

It is also broken, but it didn't used to be. (I'm venturing to these forums to report it, actually.) It doesn't work at all right now.

If you look at my badge, it's the position of where to separate the two background colors of the left and right box. Mine is currently at 39.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nolemonplease wrote:
ScottE wrote:

It belongs to the regular geekbadge, not the ubergeek badge.

It is also broken, but it didn't used to be. (I'm venturing to these forums to report it, actually.) It doesn't work at all right now.

If you look at my badge, it's the position of where to separate the two background colors of the left and right box. Mine is currently at 39.

Thanks! Was curious what that was supposed to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mb
ScottE wrote:
maho wrote:

So the preview doesn't work but you can still change it if you save?

EDIT- OK, I risked trying the "save" function and it worked. Great! Hopefully someone that does the BGG code will see this thread and make a fix at some point.

Looks like my bar issue still works, just the preview is broken for me too.

Also - talking with others - they experience the uberbadge preview issue as well, but have always been able to save it.

(We frequently change our badges for PBF games.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
Just do it !
badge
Enjoy Life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it is only the preview which is not working, you can save the überbadge but it is sooooo tiring
to switch back and forth a number of times until you have the inner and outer border right.

I just geekmailed Octavian about it with a link to this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Thanks! I've made certain it is on the development team's radar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmb
I found the problem and it should be working now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Huzzah! Thanks guys. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
Just do it !
badge
Enjoy Life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Good things come to those who wait.... whistle

Thank you Matthew and Scott!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.