Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Invigorated by his stream of successes from last session, Raz wakes up near the well he's worked so hard to reach, but since he doesn't have a rope yet, decides to look North before doing anything. He notices a caterpillar struggling its way through the weeds and reflects upon his own stranded situation, gaining 1 XP since only 1 terrain card is revealed at this time. That's when he notices the troglodyte village that has been carved in the mountains up North. Truly a sight to behold! And that's where he's headed next.

Reaching the village, Raz takes some time to marvel at the architecture and notices an adult rockworm up North, where he decides not to go since he cannot fight it or sneak by it. He's quite panicked until he notices an opening large enough for him to go through on the West side of the village. There is some sun shining through that opening but the wind is strong and a hole in the ground lets him see deeper. Something seems to be glowing. Raz feels quite serene bathing in the sunlight.

Heading West again, Raz feels someone is coming and wonders why as this is supposed to be in another area, not in the mountains. Nevermind, the ever useful insects let him escape his potential assaillant without a sweat.

A Goddess, a troglodyte village, a rockworm... Truly a dangerous but beautiful place.

And there he finds it, the Goddess! An impressive sight for sure! But he doesn't feel ready to confront her just yet. Instead he looks up North where a hollow trunk is standing in the way. But he doesn't feel confident about checking it out. He's heard stories. Spooky stories. Halloween's not that far after all. Plus he's bloody and he's heard it said that sometimes, branches and bloody don't mix well together.

So Raz moves back to the village (hey ain't that an Iron Maiden song?) to think, and thinks of a rope. Which is exactly what he was after! So he goes back to the well to craft the item and climb down, finding a Sculpted Flower before he climbs back out. Great. That step is done.

Back in the village (damn, that riff!), Raz looks around and notices an opening to one of the houses. There he gets barked at a lot, but manages to tame a white and brown mastiff by... Speaking german to it? Somehow? Wow, that's meta. Raz figures out what the German text says approximately, helped by the fact that basically all companions play the same way. Mh. Much too meta for me. Moving on. With dog in tow, Raz searches the house like a thief and finds a strange cage from which a hissing sound comes.

Scared, Raz decides to crush the cage as he's heard that these could hold dangerous scorpions. This time it was a slug though, and crushing it was a bad move, which makes Raz totally lose it and discard all the skill cards from his hand. Devastating!

After coming to, Raz goes back to the tree that he leaves alone and North to discover wicker baskets leading to a whole high in the rocks, as well as a hunting spot next to a sharp cliff he doesn't even want to look at. There's also Fragonia there. The wicker baskets look like they could lead somewhere interesting. But first it's time to play music to gain Knowledge, and 1 XP.

I take it it's a no then?

Having heard of a fabulous bell and of a decrepit idol, Raz figures it would be a good time to use the wicker baskets and clean the board to also remove the rockworm. After several failed attempts he manages to get in one, but all the meat he's carrying makes him too heavy for the basket, which falls, injuring Raz and destroying the vast majority of his equipments! The dog also scampers away, that good-for-nothing mutt that never have found any use up to now across 7 games! What's worse is that in order to move the basket Raz used Valiant hearts, and is also tired which made him lose Vigorous (which he never used either) a second ago. Misery loves company they say.

Perplex, lost, not knowing what to do, and with a very empty action deck, Raz decides to visit the Goddess mostly to craft a Friction Fire and fail igniting it despite drawing 2 cards, then to Study the notes and gain knowledge with the help of Vampoline. He discovers that Fragonia also makes looking around and deciphering much easier. But he's still on the verge of death, and he's gotta eat 12 cards and go back to the hunting spot to try and replenish his woven basket...

Hunting a single card he must discard it because of Bloody, and is quite desperate. Building a Woven cord, he makes it to the camp, crafts a blowpipe and takes a rest. The XP he wanted to save for the Guardians has to go into levelling up or the action deck will be depleted. Gaining a Think and 1 XP thanks to the Path, he spends 9 XP for Pickaxe, Colored Smoke and Protective Cover which he crams in the Action deck, then thinks of remember and grabs back some Bolas.

Going back to hunting he messes up the rules a bit but remembers about Fragonia and rewinds into catching a Boar by drawing not 1 but 2 cards but gets Bloody and Tired, with no consequence. Building a fire with the last 2 cards of the Action Deck, he then eats 24 cards back, before going through all the cards in the game in order to verify whether or not a Bear is supposed to be in cards 250. Apparently it isn't.

Fed up with hunts and nervewrecked at having almost touched death, I end this 50 minutes session quite stressed and try and go to sleep, shaking.

The mountains, they are dangerous.

Not much progress was made in this session. Except maybe towards Death?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Galeotti
Italy
Firenze
flag msg tools
http://www.gruppoludico.it/
badge
I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.
mb
Razoupaf wrote:
With dog in tow, Raz searches the house like a thief and finds a strange cage from which a hissing sound comes.

Scared, Raz decides to crush the cage as he's heard that these could hold dangerous scorpions. This time it was a slug though, and crushing it was a bad move, which makes Raz totally lose it and discard all the skill cards from his hand. Devastating!

Hmmm... Haven't you figured out what is the trick for the hissing sounds of the creatures?
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The clue is on the back of one of the green 003 cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vetinari7878 wrote:
Hmmm... Haven't you figured out what is the trick for the hissing sounds of the creatures?
The clue is on the back of one of the green 003 cards.

I had never encountered that one before, soooo no But I'll take a look, thanks! I've only read them the first time really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Galeotti
Italy
Firenze
flag msg tools
http://www.gruppoludico.it/
badge
I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.
mb
You should have encountered another hissing sound in the cave in Area II, too.

This should give you some room to compare them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Ukrop
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
but all the meat he's carrying makes him too heavy for the basket, which falls
I may not remember that correctly, but you can avoid that unexpected weight check by
finding a hidden number on the very first basket card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dill wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:
but all the meat he's carrying makes him too heavy for the basket, which falls
I may not remember that correctly, but you can avoid that unexpected weight check by
finding a hidden number on the very first basket card.

Oh really?
Wow. I should definitely have paid more attention instead of thinking that I had seen almost everything after 7 plays then :-S

vetinari7878 wrote:
You should have encountered another hissing sound in the cave in Area II, too.

This should give you some room to compare them.

I have and I slaughtered the thing. But never noticed the difference in hissing. I'll have to look during game 8 then.

Also, I'll take more time scrutinizing cards during part 6, it'd be a shame to die now that I got you hooked

But I can't promise anything with War Eternal coming and Fruit Ninja: Card Master needing playtesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls