United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
This issue has happened to me multiple times now. I had been blocking the threads to stop getting notifications, but I don't want to have to do that.

The current thread that won't leave me alone is thread # 27165644.

I've gone through my subscription list and unsubscribed from the thread and the forum. I don't see any way I should still be notified by this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That thread appears to have been nuked, I just tried to link to it and got an N/A result.

That being said, was it in a Game Forum? If so, are you subscribed to that Game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
My bad, the number I gave is to a reply lower in the thread.
Here's the thread:
I'd like to hear from the playtesters... Did you really sign off on these Nemeses?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew S.
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's your thread. You have to go into your notification preferences and turn off the option to get notifications about activity on your own posts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
Prismattic wrote:
It's your thread. You have to go into your notification preferences and turn off the option to get notifications about activity on your own posts.

I think I now know why some people delete their posts.
This is insane. You'd think the option wouldn't be mutually exclusive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or, just Block the (presumably few) threads you start that you *don't* want notifications on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW on your subscription notifications, you can see the reason why each notification is given to you (e.g. subscribed to game, subscribed to designer, etc), so that might help you figure out why you're getting notifications which you think you shouldn't be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
FWIW on your subscription notifications, you can see the reason why each notification is given to you (e.g. subscribed to game, subscribed to designer, etc), so that might help you figure out why you're getting notifications which you think you shouldn't be.

I generally don't look at that page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ampoliros wrote:
I generally don't look at that page.

Well, it would solve your mystery for you, if you choose to look at it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.