Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nigel Heather
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Here are some pictures of the giant map.

Comparison of sizes of the mounted board that comes with the game and the optional giant map that can be bought as an additional accessory.

It arrived rolled up and packed in a stout triangular box so well protected in transit.

It is made from a thin vinyl (about 0.18mm (0.007") thick).

The playing surface is a slightly textured satin finish so looks like it will be durable and provide a little grip for playing pieces.

The reverse is smooth and glossy which is a bit of a shame because it slides easily on a table surface.

Printing appears to be very good - I have one noticeable scuff mark or print blemish on the border to the bottom left (south west) but that is quite minor.

Because it is quite thin and relatively stiff it doesn't sit perfectly flat initially being very slightly wavy from being stored rolled up - but over a little time and as it warms up to room temperature it does seem to flatten.

Being vinyl rather than neoprene you will need to treat it with care as I can imagine it taking creases and indents easily.

+Plus

Big
Well printed

-Minus
Smooth glossy back makes it slide easily on the table
Needs to be handled more carefully than a neoprene mat

Cheers,

Nigel

UPDATE - my map has been sat on the table for a couple of hours now and it does seem to have flattened out with time and as it warms up, so I have removed that as a negative
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
badge
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the map review. After seeing their set up at the UK Games Expo a couple of years ago this big map was really the reason I backed this game. I've got a bunch of corgi spitfires and hurricanes ready to go, along with a troop of De Agostini German bombers. The quality of the model sculpts that come with the game look disappointing but I'm not too bothered by that as I don't really intend on using them. I'm just waiting for my game and big map to show up now!

By the way, did your game and map arrive together or were they separate deliveries?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.