Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Part 6

Raz wakes up after a rough night, on the mountains near the wicker baskets. First thing he does is hunt 3 150 cards, and sneak by a vulture, much too occupied with its prize to realize it's about to be stolen. It's lucky he doesn't lose any card to Bloody, too. Looking East, hoping to reach the necropolis, he notices - how could he not - a giant rockworm where yesterday, an adult one was roaming. Tough luck. So he scouts South and notices a shelter where he could rest. But since he doesn't have enough experience to make it valuable he decides to ignore the shelter and to take a look at the wicker baskets.

It's peace for the dead. For now.

That's when he notices something hidden - the funny thing being that I totally noticed that hidden number the first time I reached that place - and hops on board to a small cave adorned with yet another massive idol. But this one is not in a very good condition.

For whom the bell tolls.

He sees a massive bell there too, takes a look at it, ponders for half a second and rings it full force. Bright idea. He becomes deaf as the world around him crumbles and his memory of the places he's seen on that day are shattered. He also loses 7 cards to being tired.

Coming to he sees that the place is now a wreck, and notices an opening North where there weren't any a moment earlier. But he needs to eat first, so he builds a fire and eats, mixing his food with some Eubellis to score some sweet and powerful skill cards back into the deck. 18 of them to be precise. Of which he spends 1, to heal his damaged ear.

Fed, Raz takes a quick look at the cave, at which point he really becomes determined to survive! There seems to be an impressive tunnel system built deep into the mountain, and something buried not too far from him, but he's wary of going now and starving, so he heads back to the baskets and figures it might be time to repent on his past sins. Not something he'll be able to do just now, but he'll give it a thought. Later.

For now, he's back on the ground, the hunting ground. Where he hunts. For 3 cards. Watching out a mole rat he sneaks by yet another vulture and, satisfied with the results, looks West. No worm this time, but a strange tune coming into his head. Interesting but he won't have that just now! So instead he crafts a walking stick and finally thinks back about his Gourmet habits. Just about time.

It has taken him quite a while but there he is, reaching the necropolis and deciphering the runes thanks to the clue he found back at the rhino-beetle's cave! He discovers a minor relic that looks like it might be what the swampfolks were after somehow - he's good at reading people.

In need of some fiery comfort Raz heads back to the tunnels through the baskets and heals his injury thanks to Improved camp, then makes it deeper in the tunnels, where he finds a metal piece on the floor while scouting. But he still doesn't feel confident enough to really go deep. Expanding is fine and all but he's never heard of that place, never ever, and he wouldn't want his adventure to tragically end in a mad swamp he was not prepared to face. Too many curses are still weighing on him yet. So he curses and goes back.

He finds it safer to eat 21 cards chosen with Eubellis, then to take the baskets down again and to go back to village. But travelling along the gully is mighty tiring. He eventually makes it to the village and back into the house where he met the mutt the day before. He finds yet another cage but this time feels confident about crushing it, and some good it does since this time it was indeed a nasty scorpion. Not what he was hoping for but better than nothing. After all, who's heard of teleportation for a quick curse solving, eh? Well, I may have won last game that way but whatever

At this point he finds it useful to examine his notes and figures out the first part of a frieze that might be depicting the History of the Continent. How exciting! But it's time to leave the mountains where there isn't much left for him to find. So Raz heads North after thinking back about his scholarship. Joy! He crafts a bow, too. North, he gets confused and takes a wrong path, getting lost again and missing 1 small difference. Er. He eventually finds his way back and decides to pray on the grave that lies close to a decrepit bridge, dismissing the ridiculous idea of ghosts and getting 3 cards back in his deck.

He then looks North some more and somehow, feels like he's tracked by rockworms! Lucky for him they're all underground still, and he feels quite serene. Walking he marvels at a strange opening in the mountain, shaped like a gigantic mouth, and gets closer to take a look. But he doesn't feel like climbing, and after crafting a rudimentary flint, he looks North where he finds another shelter that he still doesn't want to use.

The wind North is impressively strong, and he remembers to learn by doing and that to err is only human after all. Which somehow makes going through the windy canyon easier.

As he walks back in the light after this ordeal he finally sees the fall the torrential water sounds came from. But he then gets jumped at by a horned bear! Now that is scary! I mean, that the bear has horns! What, was it not enough of a killing machine with its sharp claws and ironstrong jaw? What's Nature thinking about sometimes, I'm asking you??? But it ain't time to think about evolution and he fires hi bolas at the beast and slays it, before skinning it for its meat.

I kill you, and I kill you dead!

With all the blood that's on him it's a wonder he can still feel the breeze. Too bad he's too dumb to use the plethora of water that's around him to wash his dirty self but with 11 curse cards in your deck sometimes your head gets a bit fuzzy.

Raz uses scholar and nerves of steel to forget that he's tired and looks East, noticing a loose sheet floating around in the wind and grabs it. It tells a strange story about a character named Zogar the Dreadful which totally makes Raz dizzy and sleepy - looks like he's bound to spend cards to remove states that will be removed by themselves half a second later - and he spends 3 XP to get a Javelin in his deck and a Balance in his hand thanks to the reduction on Skill keywords. Handy!

Have curse, will travel.

Looks like Raz is too sound asleep to go on, let's save and end this 70 minutes session.

Part 7

Well it looks like Raz fell asleep without making the necessary preparations, and now he's cold and hungry. So he starts his new day by building a fire and eating a solid breakfast of 35 cards, remembers a Bolas, and fishes, sacrificing his bow in the process but drawing 4 200 cards, out of which he picks a golden fish. Not too shabby.

Looking East, he's Lost! Not lost, mind you, but Lost! And he gets tired, finding his way back. Well, what's the use of a good night's rest, he wonders, when you can get tired 2 seconds after, eh? Nevermind, his jaw drops as he sees jagged rocks atop the sand that look like galleries furrowed by rockworms. And he's scared. Oh boy, is he scared, to find rockworms in his path. But there are none. So he takes his time and crafts both Bolas and Deadfall trap. In case they show up anyway. So he is prepare to greet them as deserved.

I don't even want to know what's beneath. Well, actually I do but it's gonna be quite random to get there.

Then he looks east and travels along a gully, getting more tired and losing 5 cards, before reaching another jawdropping sight in the form of what looks like an enormous maw made of ice, with teeth going up and down. Is it the cold, or the fear, that makes Raz shiver? It reminds him of the late old man's words though, this maw. Before leaving, he takes a look North and music fills his head again, then South where he feels he's tracked by worms by once again there's nothing to fear. This lets him think about a friction fire, craft a shovel, and head back to the fire to craft the friction fire and eat 18 cards back before reaching the gaping maw and by math's magic figure out the secret.

I'll admit, it was a bit of a brainburner.

But he doesn't want to get frozen, and he looks East instead... And falls head down into a crevasse! It takes determination and forewarn but he makes it out, and takes time to figure knowledge out of this shortcoming. He's a positive guy and there's good to take from just about anything, ain't there? But he's cold too. And tired.

He reaches the entrance of a frozen tunnel which seems to lead into the glacier surrounding him, and digs - without his shovel since he wants to keep the fire that's attached to it - before putting foot into a very cold and dark tunnel. He feels determined to find every secret as he looks North, and powerful vibrations prevent him from moving further. Quite dismayed he looks around and notices a wheel encased in the ice.

He remembers to be forewarned and is determined to move the thing, turning it on it's bat snake side. Which allows him to slither up to an ice geyser in the middle of the room behind the vibrations, which he melts thanks to his friction fire, only to discover a Sparkling Gem. The gem sounds ominous and a chill tells him that this is a major item in lifting one of his curses. But for now, he crafts a Rudimentary flint with a stone that's laying around, and leaves the tunnel at the cost of a very depleted deck.

One minor step for the Continent, one major step for Raz!

Back out and under the glacier, our hero notices a path leading to a forest, South, but also an Empty can littering the ground. Some people have no respect for nature. He's guessing that person has since succumbed to the Continent. At the price of a huge effort he makes it through the snow and into the forest, which is really a jungle - so close to a glacier? What's wrong with that place? - and takes some time to examine his notes, finding out that Terrocokuses are poisonous plants. Mellow!

Testing his newfound knowledge he remembers and crafts a Poisonous weapon and slaps it to the very crowded Bolas before scouting South where he avoids a pit trap at the cost of both Scholar and Tracker. That's painful. So he soothes his spirits by crafting a walking stick with a nearby branch, and looks West. And notices scavengers circling around the body of Michael, a former lov... I mean friend! Eh stop looking at me like that, I said FRIEND!

Anway... Stop glaring I said! On this body is another part of the frieze depicting the History of the Continent, which frightens Raz no end. Using his empty can he digs a grave for Michael and gets immensely rewarded by his own mind.

This grim task done, he heads West at last and finds a pool of water, deciding to hunt on the dreaded card 177, which claimed many an explorer in this house before. He remembers and crafts a blowpipe, gathers his courage and get shamelessly drunk just for the hell of it, emptying his whiskey bottle and losing both frightened and tired. Wooh, what a ride!

He draws 4 150 cards thanks to the insects he's still carrying, scares a rabbit and finds the courage to confront a horned bear, which he barely kills with Bolas and poisoned weapon - truly a thing of beauty. But he loses 5 cards to too much blood all around himself. He's too drunk to care. Or to clean his dirty self - I mean, it's a pond of, like, water, after all! - but he still remembers his scholarship and triggers some knowledge to find the power to decide to wait until the next day to build a fire, trigger an offering to guardians, or eat.

*hiccup*

And he collapses to the ground and snores like a beast at the end of this 60 minutes session.

Part 8

Raz wakes up by the pond in the jungle, and to his dismay, he's still drunk as a skunk. And really, when you shamelessly drink like that, you should be. First thing he does is eat a solid breakast after building a fire, getting 35 cards + 1 he forgot from the whiskey the day before, then looks South, just a heavy rain starts pouring down over the canopy, extinguishing the fire he took so much pain to start. Well, not time to get annoyed, he has to find a shelter, which he does.

It's breakfast time!

Having 10 XP he decides it's time to make an offering to the hissing voices he hears in his head. And he's so shaken by what they tell him then than he loses his walking stick along the way. I must say, hearing humanoid snakes hissing in your ear when there is nothing around you is quite frightening.

With the hissing still resonating in his skull, Raz learns to walk by doing and takes a glance West when, now that the pour has let go, a ghostly fogs rises, and through the thick smoky weather, Raz notices the broken remains of a camp.

Oh hi weather, you finally decided to join the party?

Quite afraid he might stumble upon something murderous, Raz decides to talk a look South first and once again is on the verge of falling in a pit trap, but he's vigilant and loses scholar again, to avoid the trap. Looking east, he scratches himself on a thorn and, since he reveals a curse, gets poisoned and loses 5 cards. East, there are huge carnivorous plants. Getting closer he gets an almighty remember back in hand. But he doesn't feel like fighting the plant and scouts North instead, to stumble upon some ripe fruits, which he immediately swallows to gain 6 cards back. Looking South, the way's blocked by a thorny bush.

A bit lost and still too drunk to think, Raz makes it back to the pond and remembers Scholar as he's got two knowledge in hand. He hunts for 3 cards, scares a white hare and settles for a boar that he easily sneaks by thanks to the fog. Getting bloody some more he still doesn't care to wash himself and instead scholars his knowledge into 3 XP just because, before going to the camp, resourceful as he is. With the help of resources from nearby terrain cards and his metal piece he repairs the camp with a discount of 6 cards, and sleeps on his drunkenness, finally getting sober again. Which somehow repairs his blowpipe. Go figure. I guess he was drunk for a bit longer and lost track of what he did? At any rate, he also spends 6 XP to get Bird Call and Second Chance into his deck.

Waking up after a sound sleep, Raz leaves the foggy camp for the cliff but gets lost in the white blanket of floating water. Eventually making it where he wanted to, he cuts a terrocrokus to craft an antidote he puts in his woven basket, then goes to the pond again to craft panpipes with which he intends to lull the carnivorous plants. Moving back there he manages to soothe the beas... The plant, which opens wide, revealing a double-barrel shotgun. If music soothes even the savage beast, I wonder what that thing does.

Which of the two makes the most melodious sound?

What's he to do now though? He moves North among noisy animals and apparently, as he scouts East, it's time to take a break. So he does, which lets him drink his antidote and finally get rid of the poison that's killing him, and swap cards between his action deck and his discard pile. He then remembers a fire-making kit, crafts it and moves back to the pond where he decides it'd once again be wiser to save before building a fire.

You know what? I'm still alive and kicking! And that in itself is a feat!

Somehow, he desperately wants to find a stool to sit on.

And that concludes this 50 minutes session, where some progress has been made toward the offering and possibly the black chest. Raz has gotten stronger again and improved his surroundings but he's still got a long way to go before he dims it safe to enter the much dreaded dungeon.

Progress made so far:
- 1 Sparkling Gem was found.
- 1 Offering has been made to the guardians.
- 1 Sanctuary secret has been found.
- The bell has been rung.
- 2 monsters have been slain, 1 has escaped but can be found again.
- 7 botanical secrets have been figured.
- 2 pieces of the frieze depicting the History of the Continent have been found.
- 1 necropolis has been looted.
- 1 fetish has saved our hero.
- 1 side-quest has been accomplished.
- 1 old man has been slain.
- 1 camp has been repaired.
- 1 german dog has been scared and lost.
- 14 advanced skills have been purchased.
- 6 ticks of the pocketwatch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Galeotti
Italy
Firenze
flag msg tools
http://www.gruppoludico.it/
badge
I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.
mb
Razoupaf wrote:
It tells a strange story about a character named Zogar the Dreadful which totally makes Raz dizzy and sleepy

I wanted to say something about this, but on the other hand the game warned me not to say anything, so I won't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Galeotti
Italy
Firenze
flag msg tools
badge
I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.
mb
Anyway, take good care of the double-barreled shotgun. It is a life-saver (if you manage to find enough bullets for it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vetinari7878 wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:
It tells a strange story about a character named Zogar the Dreadful which totally makes Raz dizzy and sleepy

I wanted to say something about this, but on the other hand the game warned me not to say anything, so I won't.

Mh okay I want to know but I don't want you to tell me. The hint is enough.

vetinari7878 wrote:
Anyway, take good care of the double-barreled shotgun. It is a life-saver (if you manage to find enough bullets for it).

I have 3 and I intend to shoot the chest open with it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giorgio
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think this is an amazing adventure I would love to follow, but I haven't played the curses yet and I don't want to read spoilers.

I know that the title of this post starts with "Complete spoilers", but when I click on the "Next New Subscribed Item" I got automatically redirected on this post and I am forced to see at least the first figures that pops up.

Would it be possible to place the whole post (and your future ones related to this tough adventure) in a "Spoiler" code?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Galeotti
Italy
Firenze
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Razoupaf wrote:
vetinari7878 wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:

When (if?) you figure it out you will know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Giorgione123 wrote:
I think this is an amazing adventure I would love to follow, but I haven't played the curses yet and I don't want to read spoilers.

I know that the title of this post starts with "Complete spoilers", but when I click on the "Next New Subscribed Item" I got automatically redirected on this post and I am forced to see at least the first figures that pops up.

Would it be possible to place the whole post (and your future ones related to this tough adventure) in a "Spoiler" code?

Thanks!

Those damn subscriptions

You should really use the button above the next subscribed item by the way, it's a more effective way to go through your subscribtions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vetinari7878 wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:
vetinari7878 wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:

When (if?) you figure it out you will know.

Yeah it's more like If

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Edwards
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
-
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you intentionally not doing the custom action related to the Forbidden Sanctuary when examining the notes (check the curse card)? Or have you already found everything from that, or are getting 050 cards some other way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At this point I had completely forgotten about it, thanks for reminding me.
But yeah, at the moment I'm focusing on survival, so cards 050 make more sense. I owe them a lot! Fragonia and Terrocrokus are really saving my life and Eubellis is quite useful too
I'm also hoping for some music sheets and treasure maps whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls