PSC games
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
Ok chaps, I have to bite the bullet - whereas the main paper and card components are great, I have got the plastic wrong for the miniatures.

I cannot sticking plaster it.

I made the wrong decision with the too pliable plastic and the wrong decision with the manufacturer.

I apologise to everyone for these wrong decisions I made.

It does not sit right with me that the game is not as good as it should be and the quality is not 100%.

It is a fantastic game and deserves the best possible plastic miniature planes.

My plan is this:-
I am going to rework and upgrade all the plastic planes with a different, reliable manufacturer (they do work for CMON, Games Workshop, Asmodee, Cryptozoic and Flying Frog Productions) in a robust but quality plastic.

We will continue to ship everyone a game now with "wonky" plastic plus all stretch goals (except the bonus kit - another story involving customs! If you do not get one now you will with the new plastic planes). At least you can get a few hours on your logbooks!

We will then ship you all a free set of new, improved plastic planes at no extra to you when they have been tooled and moulded - to be confirmed but March 2018 seems likely. Basically it will be as soon as possible - we had not planned on this so will take time to re-tool and mould. We will also send add-on plane packs at the same time.

The retail release will be delayed until we have the new plastic minis to retrofit the rest of the print run.

Rest assured, everyone must know that if we get it wrong, we will rectify things.

Best wishes,
Will
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Moore
United Kingdom
Dunfermline
Fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will, that’s the right thing to do...and appreciated! Well done on listening and fixing!

However, what about the Dowding backers? There weren’t many, but will they get a regular unpainted game now, and then a painted set of planes in March(ish), so we can at least play the game in the meantime?

Thanks...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a great thing, and probably the right thing, to do.

Thanks Will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PSC games
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
Hi Kevin
Absolutely - Dowdings will get a standard game now to play with until their painted plane sets arrive
Cheers
Will
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Swift
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome move sir.. well played. Looking forward to receiving it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Moore
United Kingdom
Dunfermline
Fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pscgames wrote:
Hi Kevin
Absolutely - Dowdings will get a standard game now to play with until their painted plane sets arrive
Cheers
Will

Cool, thanks for confirming Will thumbsup

Cheers,
Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sean
United Kingdom
Leicester
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
badge
You wanted the best, You got the best, The hottest band in the World..KISS!
mbmbmbmbmb
Brilliant Will!

I had read some of the comments with some trepidation as I have not yet received mine.
However your reaction only goes to cement my thoughts on your customer service.
The reason why is below.

I purchased The Great War through KS and added the Tank Expansion. At this years EXPO we played a few games and in the rush to pack up we forgot to put the rule books in the boxes. This was only discovered last week.
I rang one of your charming ladies and explained the situation. Two days later copies of both book land on my mat. That is customer service in my mind.

You produce some absolutely great products with excellent quality and as your comments state you made some incorrect decisions which have had an adverse effect on what promised to be another winner.
It takes guts to admit a mistake and even more to put the effort in to rectify it. For that I applaud you sir.

I am sure if the same principles apply to the replacement planes in terms of your overall quality they will be winners. I can hang on plus I can practice painting on the wonky ones!!
I will look forward to receiving my copy and eventually the replacement pieces.

Best wishes.
Sean
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Harr
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
great news. Hate you have to do it though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my copy today. OK, some of the plastic models are a bit bent, but nothing that is beyond redemption with the hot and cold water treatment. The quality of the non-plane components is otherwise fine and I'm sure the game plays perfectly well.... I'm happy to finally get the game - 26 months is a long time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Heron
United Kingdom
Bangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Superb update Will - only solidifying your standing with me as one of the good guys.

Love PSC stuff and can't wait to get my copy of the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for sorting it out! We all appreciate it!

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Will the stretch goal planes also be redone? If so, I take it the wonky ones will be sent first?

Thanks for taking this course of action!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C.
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if I ordered a bunch of extra planes with my KS pledge, are they going to be replaced in addition to the base game models? That might be what you mean on your post but it's not clear to me. Am I getting a replaced version of every plane I ordered? If so GOOD ON YOU!! Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will retail copies be retrofitted?

Or, will the production process be revised so there be an obvious V1 (soft planes) and V2 (hard planes) box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jumbit
China
Zhejiang
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I made the wrong decision with the too pliable plastic and the wrong decision with the manufacturer.

Yeah, it was obvious the problem wasn't with the molds, which looked OK, it was the plastic chosen. The issue should have been obvious during your (or your hired inspector's) trips to the factory. If nobody went there to check, then a problem like this was inevitable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
StevenE wrote:
Will retail copies be retrofitted?

Or, will the production process be revised so there be an obvious V1 (soft planes) and V2 (hard planes) box?

Will stated that the retail version will be held up to ensure it has the planes replaced prior to shipment. This means that they are currently on long term hold until the new planes are made and included in the boxes.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pscgames wrote:
Hi Kevin
Cheers
Will

That is good to hear. I can wait for my painted planes a few more months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Buergel
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
What all will be in the bonus kit we'll get with the new models?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bosmans
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great policy.

Btw I am excited to hear you will launch a French Army for the Great War.

Despite complaints about broken bayonets, I thought the miniatures in TGW are great.

Enjoying your games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Broad
United Kingdom
Unspecified
cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious to find out if the planes will be available separately? I have the original which is in great nick but would love to upgrade to better minis
Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Harper
United States
Maricopa
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've moved. When the replacement aircraft are ready to be sent out, will there be a message going out via Kickstarter to verify address? It has to be via Kickstarter, like when the original game was ready to ship, as that is where my new email address is. I tried to send PSC an email with new address/email information, but since I received no confirmation I don't know if it went through. Can I get a response via this thread on how I can keep the replacement bits from going to my old address?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pscgames wrote:
to be confirmed but March 2018 seems likely.

Any update on this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Harr
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:
pscgames wrote:

Any update on this?

I would like to know as well so I could then sell on ebay, haha. Gameplay did NOT do it for me at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sean
United Kingdom
Leicester
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
badge
You wanted the best, You got the best, The hottest band in the World..KISS!
mbmbmbmbmb
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:
pscgames wrote:

Any update on this?

31 days in March. Just saying.....give the guy a chance.

There was a problem, Will sucked it up and took it on the chin and made amends. It ain't gonna happen overnight dude.

Patience guys, I feel your pain I'm waiting too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
silverfox63 wrote:
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:
pscgames wrote:

Any update on this?

31 days in March. Just saying.....give the guy a chance.

There was a problem, Will sucked it up and took it on the chin and made amends. It ain't gonna happen overnight dude.

Patience guys, I feel your pain I'm waiting too.

Hi Big. You'll know that PSC had a big communication problem throught out the BoB KS camapign so was hoping something had changed in the 6 months since Will's October post. Just sayin'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.