Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Applying the spoiler tag as requested by a suscribed user

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Another day begins by the pool in the jungle, and after scratching his private parts like the savage man he's becoming after 9 days on the Continent, Raz builds a fire and eats a solid 28 cards breakfast.

What's a good day without a morning hunt? It ain't nothing. So he goes hunting with his blowpipe and draws 4 150 cards - I totally love my variant of not banishing green hunting grounds by the way, the game would probably be unplayable at this point without that rule - only to find a... Goat? Said goat seems to be following Raz too, and he doesn't feel like slaying such an adorable mammal. So he puts the creature on a leash. He has an idea where to lead the animal. So he looks South, where bloody remains are laying around. They would make good bait for a hunt, but he doesn't want to lose the goat on some stupid hunting. So he grabs a piece of meat and just moves on. Sure, only bears can gulp down goats, but anyway. No need to take useless risks at that point.

Crafting a bow while there are twigs scattered around, Raz then looks East, only to receive a scratch from a thorn, which gets him paranoid with a 3 cards loss. It's the goat. It's got to be the goat. Look at that toothy grin. And it's laughing too. Damn goat! Makes you wonder why he's trying to save the animal, really. Ha! Soon, he calms down and his mind is soothed as he reaches the camp and parks the goat in a nearby field, to enjoy some yummy-yummy grass. He feels like a good samaritan and gains a ton of XP as a reward. Yes! Another side-quest goes down. Since Raz took a rest action he evens get the opportunity of removing a Curse card from his discard pile. That's a huge relief, but the pocketwatch is still ticking and he's afraid of what's coming at the end. He's never seen it yet but he has a good idea of what it could be and he would hate to get that Curse card back. Moving on.

I guess it won't let me ride on its back then.

It's time to examine the notes some more while he's in the comfort of his camp with the goat grazing around. And he founds that Fortiflore are useful to start a fire too. Actually they burn pretty well apparently. Looking around he even notices one on his very terrain card, so he builds a fire for free thanks to the camp's reduction and finally heals his nauseated state. He then crafts a Bolas and goes back to the pond to hunt again. He's no explorer, he's a killing machine now!

Gold hunting with Tracker and a Fragonia, he gets two cards but ends up with a Fresh Spot he still doesn't feel confident about, and hunts again and scares a porcupine due to the strong blood smell he emits, only to get bitten by a snake since he doesn't want to waste a Bolas to it, which makes him lose 2 cards. Not willing to die a stupid death he rests in order to refresh the spot, gaining 3 cards back in the action deck but losing anothe pocketwatch tick, then hunts again for 4 150 cards. That's when he notices a Boar roaming around. The insects once again prove invaluable as they let him catch the animal and lose nothing to Bloody: he is saved!

He gains 1 XP with the knowledge he gained, then stops and eats 35 cards before looking East and finding ripe fruits he grabs and puts in his woven basket. Hunting some more for 2 cards, he shuffles a snake back thanks to Watch out! and catches a White hare. He does some shenanigans by going back to the camp to reduce the cost of moving before going back in the jungle and looking South to tall stone columns overlooking a steep cliff as he discards a pretty useless shortcut, before looking East where an ominous wall of thorns blocks the way to the entrance of a tunnel, so he uses force and his bare hands to remove the plant since he really, really wants to explore the underground of the Continent! And he finally reaches the temple entrance.

On the door to the temple is a place where, lo and behold, the sculpted flower from his inventory is a perfect fit. Who'd have guessed? And the door opens without any effort as he takes the flower back. And dives into the underground. Which smells of death.

The door closes behind Raz with a heavy and ominous sound.

He notices a fish head sculpted in the wall with a chain that begs "pull me" but doesn't want to and instead scouts North. A feline is chewing on a dead rodents while caterpillars seem to want a piece of it too. And Raz could get use from the meat as well. So he tries and fight the cat but fails. Still, the animal flees and Raz decides to let the caterpillars have the rodent to themselves. Such a generous man, and no old-men killer at all whistle.

Moving up he notices phosphorescent mushrooms but he's no mycologist and he'd rather not touch the fungi. Instead he looks West and abandons his quest for repentance as he realizes he's got green thumbs, which he auto-succeeds for 3 new XP and advanced skill cards cost redution! One more side-quest fulfilled!

West is a massive porticullis that won't move without a rope, which he ain't got, so he looks North, only to find a juvenile rockworm living in what looks like catacombs. He doesn't think what he's looking for is North though, and what he's really after, is a rope, which is not into his discard pile, unfortunately. So he needs to exhaust his deck a bit. That's why he goes back the to the room with the mushrooms and scouts East, when suddenly he feels someone coming in the tunnels! But before he has time to investigate, the footsteps fade away, and he's left with only his paranoid self. But no paranoid state.

East are many metal cages and a table which seems to indicate that it was maybe a good idea not to pull the fishy chain. Rummaging through the cages he finds a tribal stool! Aha! No need to go back to the troglodyte village just yet it seems!

Satisfied with his new furniture and carrying it around with him, which somehow is a true wonder, he looks North and feels tremors. While wishing it's not a gigantic rockworm he falls on his back and gets injured, and his items get slightly damaged. Mh. At least he gets the rope idea back in his mind. So there's good in adversity.

This rope feels like Déjà-Vu as he crafts it for less than it should cost, and he moves back to the porticullis which he opens thanks to his new item and the ever broken Scholar.

Behind is a labyrinth with an ominous totem but Raz haven't got time for that. This place is oppressive and he hasn't got a lot of food to spare yet. So he tries not to get lost and doesn't, and finds his way to a dim-lit room where he remembers Tracker so he can get across for free. There, he breaks a pot and finds poison, finds a place to rest, and finds several items in a heavily ransacked end of the room.

First, a sanctuary secret sheet, which he adds to the one he had already. Now that's a good progress! Then he finds a broken amulet, which he takes a while to think about and piece together, even drawing it among his session notes. But apparently he doesn't piece it well enough and decides to give up and throw it away? What the heck is that? Am I no longer in control of my character here? Well, talk about cheap!

Frowns

He finally finds a mysterious seed, and now he has to make up his mind about planting it on a cliff or near a giant rocky mouth. Funny, that reminds him of feather clues he knows about but haven't seen yet. It'll probably be the cliff. He's heard there's good luck near the cliff, at the very Eastern end of the Continent. But now is not the time for that.  He hasn't found what he was looking for in this part of the temple.

Well, come to think of it, he has never found it yet.

He crafts a fire-making kit while he can still access wood, remembers a Tracker and makes it through the dim-lit room again, then decides to vent on the worm and moves North to the catacombs to destroy it. Taking it's meat, he manages to sneak before older rockworms exert revenge, then scholars 3 XP, builds a fire among the remains of dead Continent inhabitants (ie: bones) and eats 27 cards. But somehow, all these skeletons make eating uncomfortable, and he gets nauseated.

Inspecting the bones in an attempt to maybe throw up? he notices a panel that he removes thanks to his rope and his valiant heart, but he gets mighty tired too and loses 5 cards. He finds a pretty necklace he adds to the stool and triggers another side quest: he's studied the Habits and customs of the Continent's denizen, netting 3 more XP and some more advanced skill reduction.

Afraid of death and with a yawning girlfriend on the couch, Raz decides it's time to leave the temple before it collapses on him as a result of both the tremors and the rockworms, makes it to the entrance, now the exit, with a rather full deck, scholars 3 knowledge is power for 6 XP, and saves with 21 XP in tow after a roughly 90-100 minutes session.

This place is death

Progress was made, but not where intended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
I just can't imagine the effort required to record all this. Good job!

For that matter, I can't imagine replaying An Offering to the Guardians again, much less mixing it in with other curses

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately there probably won't be a part 10 as I've entered the hunt/snake hunt/fail hunt/snake hunt/fail loop on card 177 again, have nothing to say about that hour except that I nearly died, and shelved the game until further notice or until hunts are fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls