Popular Tags: [View All]
Little Idiot
Scotland
Manhattan
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yo!

The stand components seem to be reversed imho. I have 11 large stands (others seem to have 12) and 7 small stands. Page 2 of the rules shows a diagram that suggests the large stands are for the German planes (of which 7 are in play) and the small ones are for the UK (of which 12 are in play).

So I think they is a general problem here in that the number was reversed and I've been given on too few.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Something appears to be confused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick v. Nooij
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like you're missing one stand.

And I agree in thinking that the numbers are reversed.
I got 12 large ones and 7 small ones in my copy of the game, while you'd expect the large bases would be for the German bombers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Heather
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The OP is definitely missing one large stand.

When I saw the stands when I received the game just over two weeks ago my immediate thought was that the stands were the wrong way round. Intuitively you would think the larger planes (German bombers) would go on the larger stands.

And at that time I hadn't even spotted the picture on page two of the manual.

Then I thought about it a little more. The fighters on the taller stands and the bomber on the lower stands looks more atmospheric. The fighters look like they are attacking from above which makes sense as they would have always tried to start with a height advantage.

Also from a pratical point of view, if it were reversed then when the aircraft are in the same square in contact the higher bomber would be obscurring the lower fighter.

So whether deliberate or by design I think what we have received is better.

Cheers,

Nigel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.