Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
wayne mathias
United States
Niceville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why do active forums keep switching from showing only 3 pages to will go further to only 3 pages again?

Only 3 pages often is less than 24 hours back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wayne mathias
United States
Niceville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a page 3 specific glitch (not showing a "next" option to get to page 4).

The work-around is manually changing the URL in the browser address bar.

https:// boardgamegeek.com/thread/browse/region/1/page/3?sort=active

page 1 and 2 are fine, and so are pages 4 onward once you reach them by changing that 3 to a 4

A check is being made in the BBS code somewhere to suppress only page 3 of the actives from having a "next" option (VGG does not have this problem, just BGG)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie A
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
You might get more chiming in with a better thread title. "active forums" doesn't mean anything...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jamiea wrote:
You might get more chiming in with a better thread title. "active forums" doesn't mean anything...

(And if you don't know how, you can edit your original post to edit the thread's Subject.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
jamiea wrote:

(And if you don't know how, you can edit your original post to edit the thread's Subject.)
In the new layout of a game page you can select the Forum view and then prioritise your view of postings by "Top", "Recent", or "Active". Each of these prioritised views can be multi-page.

Or... you could use the link provided by the OP

Or... you could use the main menu and select Forums|Active

Sooooo... I'm pretty sure that "active forums" means something pretty significant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
jamiea wrote:

Sooooo... I'm pretty sure that "active forums" means something pretty significant.

Jamie meant that "active forums" as a thread subject does not mean anything. It is a vague thread subject which gives no idea whether it's reporting a bug (and if so, what), or asking what the "active" forum setting means, or talking about whether the forums are active or not, or what.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
mccrispy wrote:
jamiea wrote:

Jamie meant that "active forums" as a thread subject does not mean anything. It is a vague thread subject which gives no idea whether it's reporting a bug (and if so, what), or asking what the "active" forum setting means, or talking about whether the forums are active or not, or what.
Perhaps Jamie needs feedback on providing better feedback Maybe something like "'active forums doesn't mean anything' doesn't mean anything"

Better feedback might be "'Active Forums' is an overly vague subject, adding some context would help ... blah blah". But to be frank, I don't think that a "good" subject for a thread is overly useful: folk that post "bugs" often don't have any real idea how to categorise the bug that they have experienced and frequently get the cause/trigger wrong. Posting a generalised area where the bug is experienced is fairly helpful (and I'll bet most "bug fixer" readers of this forum just read all the threads and block/subscribe as needed). People turning to the forum to find a "fix" for a bug are probably never going to find one by browsing titles (even "good" ones) and are more likely to find a relevant thread by searching on keywords.

As an example of my point, this thread is actually an issue with the behaviour of the filters for the general browser (or whatever that subsystem is called... errrrr... see my point ) and not with "active forums". Pah! Bug reports: I hates them my precious, I hates them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie A
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mccrispy wrote:
I don't think that a "good" subject for a thread is overly useful

Lol. And you're complaining about my post. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jamiea wrote:
mccrispy wrote:
I don't think that a "good" subject for a thread is overly useful

Lol. And you're complaining about my post. laugh
Fair point - but (in the context of a post in this forum, something that I would regard as implicit) my point holds. In 15 years at a very large software company, I have rarely seldom seen "good" subject lines for bug posts, because of the factors that I mention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.