Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the Star Realms Masters Series, Bases Discipline!

This is the main competition thread for the Bases Discipline in Season 2 of the Star Realms Masters Series, while there will be plenty of information contained here, additional information can be found in the main thread:

Star Realms Masters Series – main discussion & announcement thread

The Bases discipline is centered on competition using the Crisis: Bases & Battleships digital expansion and the Colony Wars Base Set for this season. Players who have qualified for the discipline should subscribe to this thread.

The Qualifier tournament, the Grind and the Exhibition tournament will all be played with format W-B, while the Crossover tournaments on the Circuit for this discipline will be W-1B, W-BE, W-BH, W-BF, W-BC, & W-B2. There are eight chances to earn an entry into the Mastery Invitational; by being the highest discipline finisher in any of the six Crossover tournaments, winning the Exhibition tournament, or finishing first in the Grind. If a player earns an invite through multiple means, their extra spot(s) will be awarded to the next highest finisher in The Grind. All discipline members will participate in the Mastery Open Tournament. Both halves of the Mastery Tournament will be W-B.

Qualifier Tournament
The Qualifier tournament is a six-round swiss competition. In each round, players will be paired up a play a 2-Game match in the prescribed format, recording the match result in Challonge as a win for a player winning both games, or a tie if the players split the games. In general, the Top-16 players will qualify (specifics in main thread). Trophy points will be awarded to qualifiers: 9-10 games won = 1 TP, 11-12 games won = 2 TP, 13-14 games won = 3 TP.

The Grind
Over the course of the season, discipline members will compete in a round-robin competition. Each week facing a different discipline peer in a two game set. The winner of the Grind will earn a spot in the Mastery Invitational. Trophy points will be awarded for performance in the Grind based on positional finish.

Crossover Tournaments
Each crossover tournament will be a double-elimination tournament that the members from two separate disciplines will come together to compete in, using the combined expansion format. All matches in the upper bracket will be played as best-of-three games, while matches in the lower bracket will be played as single-games. The final match will be played as a lop-sided best-of-five. The winner receives 4 trophy points, second and third place each earn 3 trophy points, fourth through eighth each earn 2 trophy point, and ninth through sixteenth all receive 1 trophy point. Participants who are members of both disciplines will receive the full amount of rewarded trophy points toward their ranking in both disciplines.

The Exhibition
The exhibition tournament will be a single-elimination tournament open to discipline members and non-members. Each match will be best-of-three games. There will be no trophy points awarded in the exhibition, but the winner, regardless of if they are a discipline member or not, will earn a spot in the Mastery Invitational. This event is designed to allow more players to participate in the seasonal proceedings, even if they fail to qualify for a discipline.

Mastery Tournament
Both halves of the mastery tournament are single elimination, and matches will be played as best-of-three games by default. Entry into the Invitational half requires winning the Exhibition, being the highest finishing discipline member in any of the Crossover tournaments, or finishing at the top of the table in the Grind, with extra spots (due to players qualifying multiple ways) going to the next highest finishers in the Grind. In the Open half of the tournament, advantages will be given to players who have accumulated more trophy points than their opponents. The idea is to place an appropriate level of importance on performance in earlier tournaments, while still allowing any member a reasonable chance at winning the mastery. The winners of the Open and the Invitational will then face off in a best-of-five to determine the discipline master.

Tentative Calendar

Qualifier Tournament - Complete

Exhibition Tournament - February 29
Crossover Deuces, W-B2 - March 12
Crossover Cosmic, W-BC - March 26
Crossover Events, W-BE - April 10
Crossover Aces, W-1B - April 24
Crossover Heroes, W-BH - May 7
Crossover Fleets, W-BF - May 21

Mastery Invitational -
Mastery Open Tournament -

[ Aces | Bases | Events | Heroes | Fleets | Cosmic | Deuces ]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trophy Point Tracker:

| Q | D | C | E | A | H | F | G || Tot
Bryistupid | 2 | 1 | 2 | + | | | | || 8
dommola* | 2 | 1 | 2 | + | | | | || 7
Agamon | 2 | 2 | 2 | + | | | | || 6
Ominous | 2 | 1 | 2 | 0 | | | | || 5
SonofThoth94 | 1 | 0 | 2 | + | | | | || 5
FuzzyLogic0* | 1 | 0 | 1 | + | | | | || 4
CrankyDay* | 1 | 3 | 0 | 0 | | | | || 4
kennfusion | 1 | 2 | 0 | 1 | | | | || 4
Poca | 1 | 0 | 1 | + | | | | || 4
SarahT | 1 | 2 | 0 | + | | | | || 3
mrsMacLeod | 1 | 0 | 1 | 0 | | | | || 2
Matney | 1 | 0 | 1 | 0 | | | | || 2
Vorizori | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | | | | || 2
irvek | 1 | 0 | 1 | 0 | | | | || 2
GodURmyall | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | | | || 1
DCrossTL | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | | | || 1
CCKinnison | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | | | | || 1
Riska | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | | | || 0

*earned invite

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Results:

Exhibition Tournament:
FuzzyLogic0 earns invite with win over dommola

Bases & Deuces Crossover:
StormDragon wins over Darklighter, both as Deuces reps.
CrankyDay at third earns the invite.
SarahT finished fourth.

Bases & Cosmic Crossover:
Vasta wins over SilentAl, both as Cosmic reps.
ShinyObject finished third, also Cosmic.
dommola in fourth earns the invite.

Bases & Events Crossover: Ongoing.

Aces & Bases Crossover: Ongoing.

Bases & Heroes Crossover: Ongoing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saul Groene
msg tools
mbmb
when and where do we sign up????
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Gibbs
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rocksbg wrote:

...back in last November?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saul Groene
msg tools
mbmb
CCKinnison wrote:
rocksbg wrote:

My post was from back in Nov!!! LOLOL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Gibbs
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rocksbg wrote:
CCKinnison wrote:
rocksbg wrote:

My post was from back in Nov!!! LOLOL

Hah! So it was, I thought this was a new thread. Ya got me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Exhibition Tournament has Begun!

Season 2 - Bases - Exhibition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Today is Round 2 of the Grind.

Round 1 matches remaining:

DCrossTL vs. mrsMacLeod
SarahT vs. dommola
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Asier Barcena Petisco
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
Slowly, with joy, forward, to the edge of unknown.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. Since in the exhibition tournaments there are people waiting to us, I have sent you, Dommola, 3 challenges instead of 2; in case we get a 1-1 to prevent from taking us a week for us in the whole round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Vorster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Oops, really early and I posted the result incorrectly. Fuzzy bt dcrosstl 2-0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Gibbs
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CrankyDay wrote:

The Grind
Over the course of the season, discipline members will compete in a round-robin competition. Each week facing a different discipline peer in a three game set. The winner of the Grind will earn a spot in the Mastery Invitational. Trophy points will be awarded for performance in the Grind based on positional finish.

CRANKY!

"The grind" on Challonge is still listed a 2-game sets with the tie. Is that correct, or is the OP correct in saying a 3-game set?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was changed to two. Bases was the template thread post, and didn’t get the update applied somehow. Congrats on being the first person to actually read that thing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Gibbs
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CrankyDay wrote:
It was changed to two. Bases was the template thread post, and didn’t get the update applied somehow. Congrats on being the first person to actually read that thing

And not until Round 3, because I lost the first two 2-0 (ouch)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Vorster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey Dommola, we have two W-B match-ups in our near future. I just want to coordinate with you which happens first. I have no preference as long as it is clear which is which.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Play Exhibition first, catch up on The Grind later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Southworth
msg tools
mb
My first round game in bases/cosmic is misreported. It appears Mith doesn’t know it’s best 2 of 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I reopened it. Double check PSR, likely just a mix up with all the other things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FuzzyLogic0 wins the Exhibition tournament over dommolla, and surprising double-representation of Bases members in the finals.

Today is the start of the Grind, Round 07. The only outstanding match for earlier rounds is Fuzzy vs. Ola, which was postponed due to their Exhibition pairing.

In the Crossovers, these matches are the oldest:
Bases-Deuces: SarahT vs. Kerand (best of three)
Bases-Cosmic: kennfusion vs. irvek (single game)

Bases & Events crossover starts next week.

The Trophy Points standings have been updated with Bases-Deuces numbers, a "+" means the player is still in the tournaments, and has the potential to earn more than their current total shows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Gibbs
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Challonge is not working for me currently. No clue what's up. It shows I'm logged in, but the "My Tournaments" page is empty, and no links take me to anything...

So, reporting here:

In the BF Crossover Toournament, CCKinnison d Dommola, 2-0.

I'll report it there if this problem fixes itself. *shrug*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.